Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 07:17 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,498,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ropes1981 View Post
The patriot act, NDAA, verizon, IRS scandel, recent reports the government is building a Utah super storage complex, obamacare etc. Do you trust the US government of 2013? For those who are older, do you remember a time in the 50s, 60s of people actually trusting the government?
The America-haters will always find fault. It's their mission in life. For the rest of us, I believe we concentrate on facts and truths and balance those things against our lives overall. Without the rhetoric meant not to help understand or resolve issues, but to tear-down our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 07:20 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Sorry but yes I trust our Govt and our ability as citizens to make changes. This is the greatest form of Govt.
If you read and fall for the crapola coming on these pages you are one of the uneducated who has great dreams and no common sense when it comes to how this govt is run.
This type of public outcry is media and political driven.
Unless the public sees that the Repub. run house does not want to address any issue concerning privacy then they do not belong in Govt. Get on those Repub. house members to fix the Patriot Act.

Elections and what the people want will carry the day.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:21 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,949,135 times
Default After all that has happened, do you trust your government?

I cannot give you a definitive answer - any answer hinges on whether or not the Obama administration has secretly redefined the word 'trust'.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:28 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And that's why candidates always go after the youth.

I recently turned 40. When I was much younger and in my early 20s I didn't really care much about politics. Though, I never fully trusted the powers that be. I could never truly align myself with either party. Just that nagging feeling in the back of my mind... you know....that stuff just isn't right. I started really waking up in 2000, and 2001 after 9/11.

Furthermore, I truly find it funny that people trash "conspiracy theorists" who have been saying that this has been going on for years, dismissing them as kooks, using the tin-foil references, and yada yada.... It seems those "conspiracy theorists" may have been right all along.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:36 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
I trust that the government will do what's best for the government, not the people who serve it.

Funny thing, I was just discussing the spying on everyone, everywhere with a friend yesterday and told him I just took off and put away the tinfoil hat that was placed upon my head when I mentioned concerns that our lovely government is spying on all it's subjects or even crazier still, using the IRS as a weapon to force compliance and/or silence.

Yep, I was labeled a nut, a tinfoil hat crazy person for even thinking that this could/would/might be a possibility.

Yep, we're all tinfoil hat batshi* crazy people aren't we?

Old 06-12-2013, 07:37 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
The Guardian says it has more. Hopefully they won't wait too long before publishing it.
The more they uncover and tell us the more sheep that will wake up.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:38 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytexan View Post
the guardian says it has more. Hopefully they won't wait too long before publishing it.
The more they uncover and tell us the more sheep that will wake up.
nice!:d:d:d:d

Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 AM

45,239 posts, read 26,470,793 times
No government should ever be trusted

Old 06-12-2013, 07:41 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,223,014 times
Say you all voted for those Rebub. House Members, that is where laws and plans are to start. So where are they, what are they doing about privacy issues.

That is what govt is about.

Old 06-12-2013, 07:42 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,996,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I trust that the government will do what's best for the government, not the people who serve it.

Funny thing, I was just discussing the spying on everyone, everywhere with a friend yesterday and told him I just took off and put away the tinfoil hat that was placed upon my head when I mentioned concerns that our lovely government is spying on all it's subjects or even crazier still, using the IRS as a weapon to force compliance and/or silence.

Yep, I was labeled a nut, a tinfoil hat crazy person for even thinking that this could/would/might be a possibility.

Yep, we're all tinfoil hat batshi* crazy people aren't we?

Funny ain't it? Those conspiracy theorists don't look so kooky now, do they? I mean, I am not a full blown wearer of the tin-foil hat so to speak, as some theories are pretty far out there. However; there are some, that are not so much. I certainly don't rule anything out, and will question things when they don't jive. No matter what the mainstream media tells us! It's not like they don't have an agenda or anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies