Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 08:16 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Take the test.

The Political Compass - Test

Here is my result. Most US conservatives end up much higher up on the authoritarian corner, probably 5-6 notches higher, like Maggie Thacher.

Some others based on historical facts:
Nice test, I ended up dead center on economics and about 3 squares down from the middle towards Libertarian.

Old 06-25-2013, 08:45 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Take the test.
If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

That is a bogus test. It's having you answer based upon assumptions you might not agree with.

Old 06-25-2013, 10:54 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
Quote:
Take the test.

Here is my result. Most US conservatives end up much higher up on the authoritarian corner, probably 5-6 notches higher, like Maggie Thacher.

That was fun!

Old 06-25-2013, 11:34 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times

Ron Paul: I'm worried that the government might kill Edward Snowden with a drone - YouTube

Old 06-26-2013, 02:59 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times
Funny site Didn't know I was that leftist, more so than Hugo Chavez ^^

http://www.politicalcompass.org/prin...8.50&soc=-3.33

Old 06-26-2013, 03:28 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
I can see it now.
Snowden: " The US is hacking and spying on you."
China: "We know they're hacking and spying on us.
Snowden: The US knows you know they're hacking and spying on you."
China: We know the US knows that we know that they know that we know that they're hacking and spying on us."
Snowden" I didn't know that."
or:
Snowden: " The US knows you're hacking and spying on them."
China: We know the US knows we're hacking and spying on them."
Snowden: The US knows that you know that they know that you're hacking and spying on them."
China: We know that the US knows that we know that they know that we know that they know we're hacking and spying on them."
Snowden: "Okay maybe Russia doesn't know something."

Old 06-26-2013, 04:25 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Nice test, I ended up dead center on economics and about 3 squares down from the middle towards Libertarian.
That's where I used to be. As I got older I am more conservative/authoritarian about crime, punishment, gay marriage, amnesty for illegals etc.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If economic globalisation is inevitable, it should primarily serve humanity rather than the interests of trans-national corporations.

That is a bogus test. It's having you answer based upon assumptions you might not agree with.
That is true with all tests, but that test is more accurate than most.

Are you:

- Pro, or against amnesty for illegals?
- Pro, or against gay marriage?
- Pro, or against capital punishment?
- Pro, or against "tough on crime"?
- Pro, or against abortion?
- Pro, or against significant cuts in the size of the US Military?
- Pro, or against legalization of drugs?

The question you quote is probably the toughest question in the test, and almost deserves a whole new thread.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 06-26-2013 at 04:48 AM..

Old 06-26-2013, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
That was fun!
You are not as far right as a typical US Conservative Republican, but you are with them on the authoritarian scale. Not as high as Margaret Thatcher though.....

Old 06-26-2013, 06:22 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,074,443 times
Quote:
Take the test.

First off anything beside the test on that site is total garbage. For instance they put Stalin on the top, despite the fact that their test would have put him somewhere in the middle to the left, because there are way too many questions about Christianity. And I actually took the test for Obama and Romney, and the result was not even close to the placements they gave them. And you should take a look at their country evaluations. For instance in the New Zealand one, the author literary calls New Zealanders dumb for voting for the party he doesn't like.

I have taken the test, and I normally end up in the libertarian left corner despite being a conservative. That is because I don't hate poor people, and I am not religous.

And no, most US republicans do not get in upper right corner. Every single time I have seen masses of people take the test I hardly see anyone get in the upper right corner. The author of the site hates conservatives, and think liberals are too right wing. Hence, they make a test that places majority of the population in the libertarian left corner, and some in the libertarian right corner and then put all politicians in the authoritarian right corner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies