Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 02:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The are as red as they always were and they seek to drive US influence from the region as they always have. It is just that corporate america does not want us to think that way or it might hurt trade (profits) if we thought we were sleeping with the enemy. You are acting pretty naive today, but surely you understand this. Also Hong Kong is under control of Red China. Red Chinese intelligence likely has our friend in "protective custody" by now.

China is our "most favored" trading partner.
Don't get China upset or you may end up naked and starving if they cut exports to the US.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:05 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, Google, Microsoft etc specifically said the NSA does NOT have direct, or back door access. But then again, that was already explained to you along with links on the other thread where that was actually the topic of the discussion (unlike this thread).
And you believe them...LMAO! Why do you believe what they say when they have a gag order about it? You simply believe what they say, but add things to this guys list of things he did that you don't even know about. They absolutely DO have direct "backdoor" access. It's the ONLY way they could accomplish what they want to do because MS, Google, etc. DO NOT have the legal right to touch ANYONE's data that is on their servers. It's only legal for the Feds to do it. How can they do that if they can't get in? They make a site visit every time they want something??? Please don't tell me you believe that's what they are doing.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Having the SSL key is not direct access nor is it a back door.
What about that do you not understand ?

I've was a systems programmer for over 20 years.
Man in the middle with the SSL key is INDIRECT access.

Same way these scammers get people to non banking sites posing as banking sites and getting their info.
Only the NSA man in the middle is not redirecting traffic..just offloading a copy for their own use.
The "cloud" is getting raped by the NSA to fill their facial recognition database too and folks don't even know it.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:06 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Having the SSL key is not direct access nor is it a back door.
What about that do you not understand ?

I've was a systems programmer for over 20 years.
Man in the middle with the SSL key is INDIRECT access.

Same way these scammers get people to non banking sites posing as banking sites and getting their info.
Only the NSA man in the middle is not redirecting traffic..just offloading a copy for their own use.
Any access other than direct, is called back door access, which they do not have. I am a programmer with over 20 years, and I use SSL every day, and you don't have a clue about what you are saying.

Either way, it is off topic.

It seems people are hell bent on taking the thread off topic.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
That's how it worked during WW-II. You get the Enigma keys, and you're good to go. It does not work like that anymore.
You have no clue what you are talking about. Once you have the SSL keys, you're in. You can simply "sniff" the internet backbone and see people's passwords being transmitted in real-time. If those keys get into the wrong hands, it's over, it will be a free-for-all to your life savings.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:08 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And you believe them...LMAO! Why do you believe what they say when they have a gag order about it? You simply believe what they say, but add things to this guys list of things he did that you don't even know about. They absolutely DO have direct "backdoor" access. It's the ONLY way they could accomplish what they want to do because MS, Google, etc. DO NOT have the legal right to touch ANYONE's data that is on their servers. It's only legal for the Feds to do it. How can they do that if they can't get in? They make a site visit every time they want something??? Please don't tell me you believe that's what they are doing.
Right and they are trying to get that gag order lifted but good look with that. The wagons are circling right now and they will try and make this go away. One way is to make this guy out to be the traitor and look who chimes right in lapping it up........the swooners. I really don't think their is anything dear leader and his henchman can do to get these folks off his jock. Nothing. I think he could even jail their families and said Bush made him do it and they would believe it.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Any access other than direct, is called back door access, which they do not have. I am a programmer with over 20 years, and I use SSL every day, and you don't have a clue about what you are saying.

Either way, it is off topic.

It seems people are hell bent on taking the thread off topic.
You have no clue. You use SSL every day and you still don't know how it works.... All it is is an encrypted data stream. Decrypt it and you can see the passwords being sent in real time. It's the ENTIRE reason SSL was even created, so yahoos with access to switches and routers can't run packet capture and get your personal info.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:13 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Looks like people are running out of arguments to justify treason, and they'd rather talk about anything but the topic.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
I generally agree with you jive, but to go after whistle blowers I feel is wrong. I'm not an obama basher/lover I want to know what are gov. Is doing whether it be domestically or international. Whistle blowers are a good thing whatever the reasons for doing so. Think of how life is better and how much we know because of them.

Sent from my SGH-T499 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-12-2013, 02:16 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
And right there lies the REAL problem. The US government can't keep a single bit of data safe from foreign hackers. Now our REAL enemies will have those encryption keys. NOBODY's banking information is safe now. Watch for poeple getting ripped off even more now.
Banking networks have not been mentioned yet.
Banking network security is different.
Most hacking occurs from the customer side, not the banking side.

Pray the NSA has not hacked the banking networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies