Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2013, 04:33 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,080,363 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
None of it matters. He is running the show and that is where all the bitterness comes from.
The "bitterness" comes from the fact that he is a hypocritical, partisan scumbag. One can only wonder at what that says about his admirers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2013, 04:38 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
The "bitterness" comes from the fact that he is a hypocritical, partisan scumbag. One can only wonder at what that says about his admirers.
He's doing nothing that every investigator does.

But as I said, if the administration has a problem here I would be absolutely for an independent investigator.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:44 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Well, well, well...

For weeks I've been saying these three phony scandals (benghazi, AP, and IRS) were going to fizzle. First, Benghazi bit the dust, and now IRS is going the same way.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
He's doing nothing that every investigator does.
Assuming that you actually meant to say that he's doing nothing that every investigator wouldn't do (otherwise you are actually arguing against yourself), you still have exactly no idea what you are talking about.

He's not even doing what he does.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, well, well...

For weeks I've been saying these three phony scandals (benghazi, AP, and IRS) were going to fizzle. First, Benghazi bit the dust, and now IRS is going the same way.
I honestly have to tell you. While I knew the Fast and Furious, Benghazi and the AP things were all fake right-wing smear attempts, I originally thought the IRS scandal actually might have legs.

I was apparently wrong.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:17 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

One could say the very same thing about Obama.

One really begins to wonder about the integrity and values of HIS admirers, in constantly "looking the other way" and rationalizing assaults on personal liberties.

Remember when liberals actually supported individual rights and were suspicious of government involvement in our personal lives? Oh.................. the transition from peace loving hippie to fascist has been a curious one.

Old 06-14-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
One could say the very same thing about Obama.
One could say anything about anybody. But only in some cases would it actually be true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009
One really begins to wonder about the integrity and values of HIS admirers, in constantly "looking the other way" and rationalizing assaults on personal liberties.
And therein lays the rub. Desperate right wing accusations of Obama's alleged "assaults on personal liberties" have again and again proven to be less assaults on liberty by Obama than opportunistic and deeply ironic smears by his detractors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009
Remember when liberals actually supported individual rights and were suspicious of government involvement in our personal lives? Oh.................. the transition from peace loving hippie to fascist has been a curious one.
Flaccid generalizations of that sort are of no interest to me. I support what I have always supported and participated in no such transition. What has genuinely been curious here is not that that both liberals and conservatives appear more tolerant of surveillance by a government they trust than one they do not (something so obvious and typical of human nature that it renders right wing whinging about it absurd), but that Republicans appear to have defaulted to scandal mongering and smear instead of actual governance as their strategy to regain political ascendancy.

American conservatives have stopped being builders and are now simply bomb throwers. A curious transition indeed.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:01 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Meanwhile back in DC, Holly Paz, a director in the IRS has quietly disappeared and is believed to have been fired.
She's the next one in line below Lerner who is on paid leave.
Cleaning house quietly is what they are doing. Retirements, firing, put on leave.

Yeah..no scandal there.

Did the IRS Fire Holly Paz? | National Review Online
An IRS source says that the Internal Revenue Service has fired Holly Paz, the director of the agency’s Rulings and Agreements office.
Paz became the subject of controversy when, in an interview with the House Oversight Committee, she revealed that she participated in an IRS internal investigation about the agency’s discrimination against tea-party groups and was aware of its findings, which emerged a year before the inspector general’s report and reached similar conclusions. Paz, however, did not notify Congress of those findings.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:04 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
I honestly have to tell you. While I knew the Fast and Furious, Benghazi and the AP things were all fake right-wing smear attempts, I originally thought the IRS scandal actually might have legs.

I was apparently wrong.
Some IRS employees made bad decisions and the IRS is correcting the problem, as it should. There wasn't a scandal...

Old 06-14-2013, 07:06 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
One could say anything about anybody. But only in some cases would it actually be true.

And therein lays the rub. Desperate right wing accusations of Obama's alleged "assaults on personal liberties" have again and again proven to be less assaults on liberty by Obama than opportunistic and deeply ironic smears by his detractors.

Flaccid generalizations of that sort are of no interest to me. I support what I have always supported and participated in no such transition. What has genuinely been curious here is not that that both liberals and conservatives appear more tolerant of surveillance by a government they trust than one they do not (something so obvious and typical of human nature that it renders right wing whinging about it absurd), but that Republicans appear to have defaulted to scandal mongering and smear instead of actual governance as their strategy to regain political ascendancy.

American conservatives have stopped being builders and are now simply bomb throwers. A curious transition indeed.

So I would assume that you support-

1. The IRS auditing citizens for thier political views
2. The use of drones to spy on US citizens
3. The ability of the justice department to kill US citizens
4. wiretapping the phones of journalists
5. The NSA spying on phone and email messages of US citizens
6. The justice department using the 1917 espionage law to persecute an opposition journalist

Hey.............. if you are a fascist, that is okay. However, if you support fascist acts by the government and suggest that you support individual liberties, spare us the empty rationalizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies