Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2013, 02:42 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,336,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I have found hypocrites in all walks of life and from all religious and non religious backgrounds.
Absolutely. Hypocrisy, like prejudice, hate, etc., is a human condition and isn't the sole domain of one particular group.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2013, 02:51 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
It's not some secret society. Pretty much everyone in the Western World knows the story behiind Christianity and its basic tenets. Many, many people who are now nonbelievers once considered themselves Christian. It's nothing mystical.

Well, there are plenty of legitimate reasons a person might have a beef with a religion, but it's paranoid to think that people who disagree with you are "full of hate."

Let's not pretend that Christians in this country are some kind of marginalized, persecuted minority. That's complete and utter nonsense.
Since when did I say people who disagree with me are full of hate? Darn you have a way of spinning things don't you. I did say, anyone who lumps us all together is full of hate and yes, many atheists on this forum do seem to spend time, whenever they can putting Christians down, even making comments about how stupid Christians are. As for being persecuted against when did I even indicate I felt persecuted against? I just have a real problem with any group who think they are better than another or put a group down for their beliefs. I happen to come from a family of Christians, Jews, Agnostics and even one atheist and none of them are judged by the rest of the family for their beliefs, nor are any of them better than anyone else. So let me make it very clear I do not feel persecuted and I don't think most on here do.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:54 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Most atheists used to Christians, myself included.
so tell me this, because you have decided not to believe, does that make you right and Christians wrong and does that mean it is ok to post Christians are hypocrites? I don't think so and that is what some are doing.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Since when did I say people who disagree with me are full of hate?
Well, you did say:

Quote:
...it really blows my mind when those who are not Christians think they know how we feel and choose to put us down. Why are some people so full of hate for any group?
So, I was just going off of that.

Quote:
...many atheists on this forum do seem to spend time, whenever they can putting Christians down, even making comments about how stupid Christians are.
I agree. That happens. I find it unfortunate because the vast majority of Christians I've known have been very kind, reasonable, intelligent people.

Quote:
As for being persecuted against when did I even indicate I felt persecuted against?...let me make it very clear I do not feel persecuted and I don't think most on here do.
If I misunderstood or mischaracterized what I thought you were trying to say, I owe you an apology and I do apologize here publicly and sincerely.

If it helps redeem me at all in your eyes, I did also agree with you here:

Quote:
I have found hypocrites in all walks of life and from all religious and non religious backgrounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Absolutely. Hypocrisy, like prejudice, hate, etc., is a human condition and isn't the sole domain of one particular group.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:52 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And if they have more, you want to hurt the child?

Let me get this straight.
C's don't want birth control, abortion, to support anyone born...

I have no problem with women being forced to use the norplant or other subcutaneous birth control if on any benefits (welfare or unemployment) since they can't take care of themselves, how can they take care of others. Once they're able to take care of themselves, the bc can be removed.

But to deny support for those born, who have a hard enough time of it is disgusting.
It's always so good to deny support to those who need it most.
Do they do that in the country where you live?
And tell me, are you Christian?
Seems that they frequently go hand in hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The "...or I'll shoot the bunny" argument?

Well, since personal responsibility is still off the table in the liberal universe, government support would seem to be in the best short-term interest and worst long-term interest of the child, but some things have to be.

NFN, why is it Christian haters like yourself only care about a child after he or she is born?

Is it because fetuses can't vote but welfare moms who are too irresponsible to use BC can and do?

Did you have a study to bolster your implication that Christians are less willing to adopt than non-Christians, or is your opinion simply based on blind pig-headed hate and a need to use ad hominem attacks when facts fail you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Yeah, God {if there is one} knows that there aren't any Christian women in America that have children out of wedlock or abortions. It's just liburul heathens that make unwanted pregnancies. And there's absolutely no Christian conservatives on welfare either.

IMO, people who are responsible use contraception, but conservatives still believe in abstinence, and aspirins between their knees as a contraception method.

I didn't know chielgirl was a Christian hater. Because someone doesn't believe in the Christian ways, that makes them haterz? Why not discuss the topic instead of attacking other members who disagree with certain points of view?

What conservatives believe is that freedom and personal responsibility are two sides of the same coin.

Perhaps more should be done to change our welfare system that discourages marriage to men with limited incomes as these are often the only available partners for these women.

YOU: "I didn't know chielgirl was a Christian hater. Because someone doesn't believe in the Christian ways, that makes them haterz? Why not discuss the topic instead of attacking other members who disagree with certain points of view?"

CHIELGIRL: "But to deny support for those born, who have a hard enough time of it is disgusting.
And tell me, are you Christian?
Seems that they frequently go hand in hand."

It would seem the different opinion of Chielgirl is that Christians (C's as she refers to them), are fond of denying support to those who need it most.

Since it's been established many times on this very forum that Christians give a greater percentage of their income to charity and volunteer more that any other group, how can you possibly defend her comments without sharing her hate for Christians?

Old 06-15-2013, 10:14 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
The real issue is men, who may have several children, that they do not support, with several different women. Many of whom, turn to public assistance.

Women on welfare rarely name the "daddy" on birth certificates, unless they had some drama and forced a DNA test on him for child support.

Do not penalize women, last I heard, it does take two....

Old 06-16-2013, 12:16 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
And if they have more, you want to hurt the child?

Let me get this straight.
C's don't want birth control, abortion, to support anyone born...

I have no problem with women being forced to use the norplant or other subcutaneous birth control if on any benefits (welfare or unemployment) since they can't take care of themselves, how can they take care of others. Once they're able to take care of themselves, the bc can be removed.

But to deny support for those born, who have a hard enough time of it is disgusting.
And tell me, are you christian?
Seems that they frequently go hand in hand.

not just conservatives, I know dems that don't want welfare moms to have more than they can afford either.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:29 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
The real issue is men, who may have several children, that they do not support, with several different women. Many of whom, turn to public assistance.

Women on welfare rarely name the "daddy" on birth certificates, unless they had some drama and forced a DNA test on him for child support.

Do not penalize women, last I heard, it does take two....
But women have the choice, not men. And even if a guy pays child support the woman still might be on welfare. You aren't required to pay the cost of raising a kid, you a required to pay a percentage of your income in child support. This results in some people paying $150/month and some paying $2000/month in child support.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:45 AM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,528 times
LOL.... that's right,the Elite want us to hate each other, hate the poor, fight amongst ourselves, so they can continue to laugh all the way to the bank...

Old 06-16-2013, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
LOL.... that's right,the Elite want us to hate each other, hate the poor, fight amongst ourselves, so they can continue to laugh all the way to the bank...
Yep. You absolutely nailed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies