Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 11:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,308,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Do you want terrorists in our country caught or not. How are we going to do that without surveillance. And I could care less who listens to my calls. But I'm sure they would be quite intrigued by some of my conversations lol
Seems odd that you would hold the position that it is wrong for a police officer to ask for your phone in an accident but you are absolutely fine with the government having that information for absolutely no reason.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2013, 11:45 AM

26,583 posts, read 15,149,248 times
Quote:
Do you want terrorists in our country caught or not. How are we going to do that without surveillance. And I could care less who listens to my calls. But I'm sure they would be quite intrigued by some of my conversations lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Seems odd that you would hold the position that it is wrong for a police officer to ask for your phone in an accident but you are absolutely fine with the government having that information for absolutely no reason.
pknopp, it really is quite simple of an explanation. You see, Natalie was against both, but Obama hasn't been hypocritical on both yet, just the NSA spying records. So in an effort to vindicate Obama's hypocrisy and lies she is now fine with the first issue, but still can maintain her second position until Obama speaks or is revealed on that subject.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,884,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
So its okay under the current squatter's regime but when Bush was in office it was an intrusion.

Hypocrite.
To me, it wasn't a problem under Bush either. Don't know why you would assume otherwise.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:49 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
To me, it wasn't a problem under Bush either. Don't know why you would assume otherwise.
To Obama it was. In 2003 Obama said Bush abused his authority and violated the Constitution.
Ten years later it's now just a "moderate" infringement on our rights.

You didn't run for President in 2008 and you didn't promise to reverse portions of the Patriot Act.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:51 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,884,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
To Obama it was. In 2003 Obama said Bush abused his authority and violated the Constitution.
Ten years later it's now just a "moderate" infringement on our rights.

You didn't run for President in 2008 and you didn't promise to reverse portions of the Patriot Act.

You are using apples to argue oranges now. Oh by the way, in 2008 Obama supported and voted for the compromised amendments to the Patriot Act.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:04 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,606,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You are using apples to argue oranges now. Oh by the way, in 2008 Obama supported and voted for the compromised amendments to the Patriot Act.
No apples to oranges. It was also about NSA spying on Americans..Stellar Wind was the codename.

That 2003 speech was about the NSA gathering data on Americans.
In 2002 the secret NSA tapping into the internet became uncovered by whistle blower Mark Klein.

Old 06-16-2013, 12:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,969,661 times
I call searches that don't meet the standard of being reasonable what he supreme court has called them violations of the constitution. If I want to give up those rights then I'd support its for use against common criminals that pose much more of a danger to citizen everyday in this country. Same with illegal wire tapping. To me they justify it the same way they justified detention of japan citizens after Pearl Harbor ;protection of the people. Some people tolerate it f or same reason; fright caused by the attack. The CIA is also prohibited form operating in the borders of this country against such threats for same reason which is why the FBI does it.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:04 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,228,038 times
This from a member of the biggest domestic terrorist group in America - Law Enforcement. A group that prides itself on trampling on the Constitution and violating citizens' rights on a daily basis. Americans are more likely to be assaulted and murdered by these thugs than they are to ever come into contact with a member of some foreign terrorist group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
So, what is ANYONE going to do about it? Answer: Notta. Zip. Zilch. Zero. A few people are going to get their panties in a wad, yell, scream, and throw a temper tantrum. Then, next week it will all go away and no one will even remember what is going on. Most of the country couldn't even tell you who and/or what the NSA is. So, in general, NO ONE cares.

Old 06-16-2013, 03:27 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,161,418 times
Quote:
Do you not understand what the CIA and NSA have done for us. Do you not understand the sacrifice these ordinary people make for our safety. Their lives are on the line to protect us
Lol, if people realized how much dirt the CIA does around the world in our name, the American people would be appalled and would start to understand why the rest of the world hates us.

Old 06-16-2013, 06:56 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,241,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Lol, if people realized how much dirt the CIA does around the world in our name, the American people would be appalled and would start to understand why the rest of the world hates us.
It's a cycle. The more people hate you, the more excuses you have to spy on people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies