Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 10:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,345,040 times

Advertisements

Some outstanding things about what racism really is and why so many of us who are called racists because we don't like the policies of our President are getting tired of it. Some great examples of what real racism is and how it shows its ugly head too many times. One about children is outstanding as an example of what racism really is.

‘It’s Hard to See Racism When You’re White’ - Godfather Politics

Old 06-24-2012, 10:08 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,038,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Some outstanding things about what racism really is and why so many of us who are called racists because we don't like the policies of our President are getting tired of it. Some great examples of what real racism is and how it shows its ugly head too many times. One about children is outstanding as an example of what racism really is.

At first, I thought that I was going to read a thoughtful article on racism in America. Instead, all I read was a bunch of racist white americans crowing and boasting about how white they are.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:19 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,651,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
At first, I thought that I was going to read a thoughtful article on racism in America. Instead, all I read was a bunch of racist white americans crowing and boasting about how white they are.
I must be sad to hate who you are...

Old 06-24-2012, 10:52 AM

25,881 posts, read 16,600,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
I must be sad to hate who you are...
We have a lot of posters here who need a lot of attention. Either that or they really are as stupid as they portray themselves but I cannot be that cynical.

Old 06-24-2012, 10:56 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,857,747 times
Quote:

Try being a "haole" in Hawaii.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:00 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,529,179 times
People have brought it on themselves, especially whining "people of color". I no longer care.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:00 AM

102,297 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
You had the wrong expectations of the OP. Your propaganda radar should have gone up immediately.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:04 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,666,009 times
Quote:

Really? Does getting a little heckling in America equate to being lynched? Free speech anyone? The only reason I bring this topic up is that this moronic article does. (The article could have covered all the pre- and post-1950s lynchings of both black and white people that have happened, from Emmett Till onward and backward, but didn't). Instead it focuses on the hurt feelings of white people who can't seem to put the past behind them and thus seem to wallow in it, pathetically. Faulkner wrote about such situations well when he wrote such classics as _Go Down, Moses_, and _As I Lay Dying_.

We have a black president; it was bound to happen, but yes, and so what? Is he supposed to make up for all the past racial mistakes the U.S. has made? How could one person possibly do that, and how could he make up for the mistakes bequeathed by GWB, and, for that matter, Clinton? Am I a progressive liberal? Double yes. Will I continue to criticize our president? Triple yes. Do I believe that an open and questioning mind is the requisite core of a well-functioning democracy? quadruple yes.

And just so you know roysoldboy, I've never called you a racist. Don't you know that in the poker game of life, I save that card for when I have nothing left?

Old 06-24-2012, 11:12 AM

464 posts, read 480,320 times
White privilege is blinding.

Old 06-24-2012, 11:25 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,270,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
Try being a "haole" in Hawaii.
Learn pidgin and hang with bruddahs who don't care what you are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies