Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 09:28 AM

36,659 posts, read 67,539,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Actually Montclair I wasn't speaking of FOX NEWS , but of MSNBC going from a credible anchor -Dan Abrams to Rosie. I know it's taxing to keep that hate and vitriol against FOX at bay but geez!:eek.

And who stated that one watched TV to "get educated."

I think you are confusing education with information.
oops I misunderstood.

but as far as getting informed...Cable News Shows have really turned me off with their constant left vs right bickering...nobody compromises even over the most common sense issue and that irks me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 11:39 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,408,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
She and Ann Coulter would be a good match, except Ann would clobber Rosie, what with Ann being a man and all.
I saw Ann speak in person once. I didn't think she was too "quick on her feet," so to speak. A lot of her material was too rehearsed and out of date.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:57 AM

4,688 posts, read 10,109,175 times
I'll never understand how a guy who admitted voting for Bush and has a viscerable dislike of Hillary Clinton could be thought of as left-wing.

The fact is, if you look at MSNBC's ratings, their only winner is Countdown. They have supported incredibly low ranked Tucker (a vocal conservative) and Dan Abrams (no clear leanings but often discussion trials not daily politics) despite the fact that those shows fail to hold onto any of the boost they get from countdown.

Considering that outside of Fox, all the other conservative hosts have incredibly low ratings (ahem, Glenn Beck) and the only vocal liberal (Olberman) has strong ratings. So then, it would make sense to try putting another liberal voice after Olberman to maintain his ratings boost. Granted, it'd be nice if they went for someone less obnoxious than her, but the logic behind the decision makes sense.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:06 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,832,846 times
Default MSNBC has not lost it's mind... they just became extreme liberals.

Quote:
Comic and controversial talk show hostess Rosie Odonnel is reportedly in negotiations with MSNBC for a show at their 9pm time slot (currently held by Dan Abrams). A 24 hour news station is now so desparate for ratings that they are giving their 9pm slot to Rosie? She will be up against Larry King and Sean Hannity. Should be interesting.

MSNBC has not lost it's mind... they just finally "came out of the closet" as extreme radical liberals. They are the conspiracy theory, false news channel. Their ratings are so abysmal, they are in serious trouble.

Rosie will only drive more people away. She would keep ranting so much, she would drive any initial surge of viewers to the channel away.

Sean Hannity would blow away Rosie's show so bad, MSNBC would have to file for bankruptcy faster due to Rosie's salary.

I can't wait for it to happen!!

Old 11-06-2007, 01:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdiddy View Post
I'll never understand how a guy who admitted voting for Bush and has a viscerable dislike of Hillary Clinton could be thought of as left-wing.

The fact is, if you look at MSNBC's ratings, their only winner is Countdown. They have supported incredibly low ranked Tucker (a vocal conservative) and Dan Abrams (no clear leanings but often discussion trials not daily politics) despite the fact that those shows fail to hold onto any of the boost they get from countdown.

Considering that outside of Fox, all the other conservative hosts have incredibly low ratings (ahem, Glenn Beck) and the only vocal liberal (Olberman) has strong ratings. So then, it would make sense to try putting another liberal voice after Olberman to maintain his ratings boost. Granted, it'd be nice if they went for someone less obnoxious than her, but the logic behind the decision makes sense.
I see Keith and Rosie as a future love tryst. Their obese children would have little black button eyes and pompadors, and hate everybody.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I see Keith and Rosie as a future love tryst. Their obese children would have little black button eyes and pompadors, and hate everybody.

Well, if Rosie weren't a lesbian, and Olberman not capable of getting someone attractive, maybe that beautiful idea of yours would have a chance.

Old 11-06-2007, 01:49 PM

162 posts, read 503,983 times
I can't stand her.............she is too obnoxious, overbearing, and opinionated. I feel like she is always preaching to you , not "talking" to you or having a discussion. YUK...

Old 11-06-2007, 02:24 PM
dgz

806 posts, read 3,393,540 times
Quote:
Well there you go, maybe MSNBC will find their niche after all.

If you can't make it with news and credible anchors, go to emotionally volatile and controversial comics.
I thought Sean Hannity was a controversial comic. I really don't see any difference between Sean and Rosie. Both are on TV to entertain. Neither are informative or insightful. One of the especially irritating things about these 'pundits' is that they take up prime time slots that could be used for actual REAL news. Consequently, everyone who wants real news has to hunt around online for it.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgz View Post
I thought Sean Hannity was a controversial comic. I really don't see any difference between Sean and Rosie. Both are on TV to entertain. Neither are informative or insightful. One of the especially irritating things about these 'pundits' is that they take up prime time slots that could be used for actual REAL news. Consequently, everyone who wants real news has to hunt around online for it.
Well yeah. It's long been established that if you want real news, you need to avoid cable networks at all costs.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:30 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,166,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgz View Post

Agreed -- funny how many hate Rosie, though..that's entertainment. And now folks, reaction from the Donald?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies