Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2013, 09:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Parks don't belong to any one group. I would have preferred that they camped out in bank lobbies since after all, they now owned them in part also.
Parks belong to the taxpayers who have to pay and maintain them. What the hell are you talking about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Was it not about money and control?
Not even close

The Boston Tea Party was about protesting government control, while the Occupy movement was a prtest for more control.

OPPOSITES OF ONE ANOTHER.

Return to history class...

Old 08-03-2013, 09:01 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
no. it was about unemployed people not showering and costing the taxpayers lots of money.
Unemployed? Why I'm an employer. My friends were employed and very successful.

You sure are bitter over Occupy. What is it you really have against them? Do you consider them "liberals" and that's why you hate them?

Being smelly is better than being dense.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Parks belong to the taxpayers who have to pay and maintain them. What the hell are you talking about?

Not even close

The Boston Tea Party was about protesting government control, while the Occupy movement was a prtest for more control.

OPPOSITES OF ONE ANOTHER.

Return to history class...
I love history. What are you talking about?? I study it for free!

The reason for the party, however, is often misremembered. Colonists were protesting the British tax on imported tea not because it was too high, but because it was too low. Britain was trying to create a monopoly for the East India Company, an English trading corporation. By lowering the duty for tea imported to the colonies by the East India Company, Britain hoped to undercut the prices of the smuggled, untaxed tea market in America.

But colonists cared less about buying their tea cheaper than they did about the principle of not accepting any tax from Parliament without representation. (The price cut also didn’t help those colonists involved in the illegal tea-smuggling business.) In response to the events of December 16, 1773, the British ministry closed the port of Boston, altered the colony’s charter and ordered British troops to occupy the town. With neither side willing to back down, the stage was set for the final acts leading to the American Revolution.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:05 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,755,703 times
Quote:
Unemployed? Why I'm an employer. My friends were employed and very successful.

You sure are bitter over Occupy. What is it you really have against them? Do you consider them "liberals" and that's why you hate them?

Being smelly is better than being dense.
I am "bitter" over a media creation that I have never seen outside of left wing websites? not really. I would be bitter if I worked somewhere and some stinky hippie was trying to prevent me from reaching my destination. I have seen the very mature occupy game of "I'm not touching you."

Old 08-03-2013, 09:07 AM

We still have traitors siding with the corrupt banks and government. Red Coats.

I'm sorry but I'll respect no traitor.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I am "bitter" over a media creation that I have never seen outside of left wing websites? not really. I would be bitter if I worked somewhere and some stinky hippie was trying to prevent me from reaching my destination. I have seen the very mature occupy game of "I'm not touching you."
Media creation? You mean the millions of protesters weren't real?

Old 08-03-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:

I side with self. I don't rely on corrupt banks and government. how sad that you do, and you blame someone else.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I love history. What are you talking about?? I study it for free!

The reason for the party, however, is often misremembered. Colonists were protesting the British tax on imported tea not because it was too high, but because it was too low. Britain was trying to create a monopoly for the East India Company, an English trading corporation. By lowering the duty for tea imported to the colonies by the East India Company, Britain hoped to undercut the prices of the smuggled, untaxed tea market in America.
I know all about the Boston Tea Party protests, and the Occupy movement doesnt even come close. All you posted was that when you get more government involvement, the result is attempted government sanctioned monopolies. The occupy moment wants more government involvement, thus reducing competition and the allowing of monopolies to take place.

You object to something, while supporting policies which encourage it taking place.. dumb.
Quote:
But colonists cared less about buying their tea cheaper than they did about the principle of not accepting any tax from Parliament without representation. (The price cut also didn’t help those colonists involved in the illegal tea-smuggling business.) In response to the events of December 16, 1773, the British ministry closed the port of Boston, altered the colony’s charter and ordered British troops to occupy the town. With neither side willing to back down, the stage was set for the final acts leading to the American Revolution.
yes, they were protesting taxation without representation, which is a claim that would be laughable in todays day and age. In fact we 1/2 the nation being represented without taxation, and the Occupy movement not only supports this, but wants to increase it..

Stupidity knows no boundaires.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Media creation? You mean the millions of protesters weren't real?
I saw 7 protesters, and 100,000 photographers. the number of protesters varied on the unemployment rate of the particular city.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Yes, that would be you, by demanding more government, the net result is banks having the ability to buy influence and thus we get left out without having a say..

You object to banks being in bed with the government, but call for policies that expand that..

Like I said.. stupidity knows no boundaries..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies