Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:33 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Maybe the dems should go by the bill they passed back in 2007:

PAY AS YOU GO!!
Tell that to the Dems. This 10 billion dollar whopper is a Republican creation. I guess it's time to buy LabCorp shares, because they just got 34 million new regular customers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 07:34 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
When did it start in America where the government was expected to feed the citizens? There is something fundamentally wrong with that. The end to me of a program like this is mass starvation when the entire system collapses.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:35 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
Yep. I am not ashamed to admit my wife works and I bring in money as well yet we STILL need food stamps...I will do what needs done to make sure my family is taken care of. I also realize the country is collapsing and we must take things into our own hands and make sure we have food to feed our family...here in NC the republicans have already started slashing programs to help the poor...it isn't making them real popular...I know for fact they no longer cover or help with eye glasses for adults but do for kids.I guess it's ok to let people run over old folks because they can't see but at least they make sure kids can see in school.
No one would fault a family that is working and still qualifies for food stamps. You are working and paying into the program. Certainly not leeches.

However, my husband and I both work at good companies that we have good health insurance with. Is it expensive? Yes, but we pay it. Neither one offer coverage for eyeglasses. I don't think many do.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:36 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Maybe the Republicans should make a similar promise as opposed to pushing for more spending.
Why ? The House is CUTTING spending.
I see Kerry flying all over the world promising governments money.
Where's that money coming from ?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:38 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,227,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
When did it start in America where the government was expected to feed the citizens? There is something fundamentally wrong with that. The end to me of a program like this is mass starvation when the entire system collapses.
People starve, riot on the streets, and a dictator takes control and fends to the masses. Is that what you want?

How bout instead of food stamps, the government brings some jobs back to this country, so that people can feed them selves.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
LBJ's "Great Society" is when it started.

Feed them, house them, take care of their medical needs, give them spending money and a cellphone.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHurricaneKid View Post
People starve, riot on the streets, and a dictator takes control and fends to the masses. Is that what you want?

How bout instead of food stamps, the government brings some jobs back to this country, so that people can feed them selves.
I doubt the "starving part" but I can envision rioting in the streets.
Just look at what happens when HUD opens their lists.

Government cannot force private companies to bring jobs back.
Government can only create government jobs to give people jobs.

Government is the one that drove away the jobs.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:43 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why ? The House is CUTTING spending.
If you spend 10 billion to cut 2 billion, you end up spending 8 billion more. They should have done their math.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:44 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The testing will cost as much as the stamps. Where do we find the money for all this?
We could get some from the IRS who is getting 70 Million in bonuses.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:46 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
No idea. They tried this in Florida and it was cut down but somehow the House approves it..odd. Guess they are just going to print more money with their money machines...they don't seem to care or realize they are sinking the country.
Ben Bernanke is currently pumping $1 Trillion a year into the economy. Yesterday he announced that next year he may stop printing and will be taking away the biggest economic stimulus we got going now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies