Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 11:18 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Well, by all means, cite some stats how coal is good for our health.
Right off the bat, without wasting hours of my time, I admit I have not facts to support my this fact, but I bet millions of people have been saved from freezing to death due directly to coal.
I'm thinking that not dieing is really, really good for one's health.
Now that I have embarrassed you, go read some more lies from the communist you so admire. YOu seem to like being lied to while comrade obama does his best to destroy our nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2013, 11:21 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,654,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Oh and don't forget the Internet.
Thank you for bringing that up.

Are the following things republicans say true?

1. Obama was born in Kenya.
2. Obama has a forged birth certificate.
3. Obama is a secret Muslim.
4. Obama refuses to pray.
ex.ex.ex.

The republican claim that Al Gore said he invented the internet is false/not true.

snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet

In the Internet Society’s Global 2012 INET conference in Geneva, Switzerland, they recently honored Al Gore.

They said,

“Al Gore, the 45th Vice President of the United States, was a key proponent of sponsoring legislation that funded the expansion of and greater public access to the Internet. Instrumental in helping to create the ‘Information Superhighway,’ Gore was one of the first government officials to recognize that the Internet’s impact could reach beyond academia to fuel educational and economic growth as well.”

No invention: Al Gore?s Internet honor - Patrick Gavin - POLITICO.com

Chad.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So to you polluting more is combating global warming in your eyes? That makes no sense at all unless your a global warming loon.
No.

All I am saying is that China's government knows man made global warming is happening. And China's government is investing billions of dollars in solar energy, clean energy, eco friendly cars, ex.ex.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:38 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Which is doing nothing in the big picture just like these new regs dear leader is going to drop on us. All to fuel the lies of the green army. For the children, for the earth, all these ridiculous causes that liberals champion that does nothing but push their political agenda's which all have negative ramifications on the people they claim they are trying to help. Brain damage.

Old 06-25-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post

What's more important low energy bills, or saving the world from the following?

A Chilling Possibility - NASA Science

Old 06-25-2013, 11:41 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Germany is doing something about global warming, and Germany has a great economy behind them.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany#Economy

And Germany has a lower national debt to GDP than America, and since Germany has a lower national debt (they can play a little bit.)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germany#Economy
Are you just posting the same links over and over again?

Old 06-25-2013, 11:43 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I couldn't find anything at all backing up your claims about Mann, by the way. .
You obviously know the hockey stick graph and the term "hide the decline" used by Mann, yes?

Climategate 'hide the decline' explained by Berkeley professor Richard A. Muller - YouTube

Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Perhaps he was referring to the correction. Remember it said 97% of all scientists and had the words added "that take a stance on the issue".
Part of the trouble with that study is many of the authors of those papes that were counted as pro AGW themselves have said it's not the case...

Old 06-25-2013, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Are you just posting the same links over and over again?
I guess if he posts it enough it will make it true? lol

What could happen. Well lets see what could happen if these global warming loons set off one of their man made volcanoes and set us back into an ice age? I guess they will be happy watching millions starve because they stopped the warming. I swear these lunatics will screw the earth up long before climate change or whatever they want to call it will.

Create man-made volcanoes | MNN - Mother Nature Network

Old 06-25-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

Low energy bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies