Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 04:15 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
A good day for the prosecution!
Have a nice weekend Bernie

Old 06-28-2013, 04:16 PM

226 posts, read 230,024 times
The question is could have Zimmerman possibly died if he had not had a gun?

Old 06-28-2013, 04:17 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,936,232 times
I can tell you, in the state of Texas, which the laws are very similar, not a single blow needs to be thrown.. If you feel in fear for your life, you have no need to retreat OR TAKE A BEATING first..

Old 06-28-2013, 04:22 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
As I said before, its the NEXT injury that is the one you want to defense against. Martin was in control and Zimmerman had said help. He didnt pull out his gun first, he tried to avoid that up to that point. At some point he believed his only recourse was to shoot.

Being in that position leaves you vulnerable as hell. Ive been there, and once the person on top starts getting in shots, unless they are going to stop or someone will pull them off, you are going to lose bigtime eventually.
No. If you think you are in danger you will fight. GZs hands later showed absolutely no damage. None.

The other thing is GZ is 5'8" tall, weighed 204lbs. (at that time, probably 325 today) and looking at the video reenactment he appeared to be in good physical shape. TM was 5'11' and weighed 158lbs. (some say 156). GZ was really into MMA, practiced 3 times a week. He could have handled a 17 year old kid with ease. But he didn't do anything in the way of defending himself except kill.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:24 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
They still would have wanted for him to get an xray before he would be seen. I wonder why he did not get one since it could have helped him prove that his injuries were life threatening

This has bothered me as well. If his head had been bashed repeatedly, a sensible person would be concerned about a possible concussion or subdural hematoma. One would be concerned about cerebral
swelling. Zimmerman wasn't concerned about a broken nose, or he would have seen an ENT physician
as the PA suggested. He wasn't concerned about brain injuries, or he would have gone to the hospital
that night for a CT Scan and X-rays. The PA even testified that the cuts on the back of his head didn't
require bandages, unless the patient wanted them to keep debris out of the cuts. No stitches or butterfly bandages were needed. None of this is consistent with someone who claims to have been in extreme fear for his life. I'm curious about Det. Serino's testimony, if and when he's called.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
No. If you think you are in danger you will fight. GZs hands later showed absolutely no damage. None.

The other thing is GZ is 5'8" tall, weighed 204lbs. (at that time, probably 325 today) and looking at the video reenactment he appeared to be in good physical shape. TM was 5'11' and weighed 158lbs. (some say 156). GZ was really into MMA, practiced 3 times a week. He could have handled a 17 year old kid with ease. But he didn't do anything in the way of defending himself except kill.
Ever been sucker punched??

Old 06-28-2013, 04:25 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,407,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I've suspected that he, tm, and former prosecutor Wolfinger shared a little something in the truck that night.
Or maybe it was just about his prescription drugs in his system.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Pffft.. I broke three ribs and didn't go to the Dr for 2 days... There wasn't a point to it... All a Dr is going to do for a broken nose is reposition it, (which is no fun) and give you something minor for pain... What's the rush??
Because having broken ribs and a broken nose are two entirely different things and besides you did not need it to prove that you were in fear of your life in a murder trial. The pain from a broken nose is unbelievably painful not to mention you will have probelms breathing and speaking clearly.

Old 06-28-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Because having broken ribs and a broken nose are two entirely different things and besides you did not need it to prove that you were in fear of your life in a murder trial. The pain from a broken nose is unbelievably painful not to mention you will have probelms breathing and speaking clearly.
I've had both... Ribs are worse...

Old 06-28-2013, 04:29 PM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
And Zimmerman had every opportunity to stay at his truck and wait for trained law enforcement.

And for those of you who are hoping this will be a big financial windfall for Zimmerman if he walks, I hope Trayvon's parents file a civil lawsuit and get every dime of it.
His parents have already received a fat settlement from the HOA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies