Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2013, 04:15 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,926,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Then he ought to turn around and sue em for politically motivated prosecution and putting him through a living hell since Feb, 2012. He will forever have to watch his back, his life is destroyed.
If he is acquitted, he should just leave the United States and never come back. If he continues to live in the United States, he is going to have to prove his tough guy credentials to people on a daily basis. A lot of people will be practically begging for the chance to kick his ass or shoot him.

He felt like a strong tough guy going up against an unarmed kid, but we will see how he handles people getting in his face everyday and following him and his family around. As many people have pointed out, that wouldn't be illegal and if he gets upset and says something about it than they would be justified if they just decided to shoot him.

Maybe his murderer will be able to get off on a bogus self defense claim too, the universe has a way of making these things work out sometimes.

Last edited by Sco; 06-25-2013 at 04:24 PM..

Old 06-25-2013, 04:16 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,023,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Yes there is a court reporter. They have had to pause while she changes paper. The judge has also asked the lawyers not to talk over each other as the reporter can only handle one person talking at a time.
Dependable as always...thanks for the clarification.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:16 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,525,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Okay...

What is that even supposed to mean?

He's not on trial for following.
I'm sure it means you cannot start an altercation and then claim self defense.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:18 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
She is a witness, not a jury member, and is allowed to have an opinion. The defense will present pro-Zimmerman witnesses. She shouldn't have pretended to be impartial and should have said "Damn right I signed that petition. Based on what I saw, and what I've read, I believe Z is guilty. That does not make me a liar. I swore to tell the truth and I am".
credit O'Mara for high quality lawyering.

He could have used the change.org petition during his crossx of the witness. He waited until After the state's redirect to prevent the state from asking the witness if her signing the petition affects her testimony, and ends today with a big + for the defense.

I'm assuming O'Mara had the petition when she took the stand, but who knows. Maybe someone sent it to the defense during her testimony.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:20 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,004,385 times
FORWARD~

Old 06-25-2013, 04:25 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,398,361 times
Lol what a bunch of idiots..yeah go head and riot in your neighborhood. You probably live in the low end anyway

Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 PM

11,185 posts, read 6,522,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The last witness tells of running left to right, which would be from the direction of Trayvon's father's girlfriends house toward the place where the fight took place.

Somewhere in this thread I just read about the testimony of TM's girlfriend that said he had gotten "home" and left again to supposedly go confront his "stalker". It's all starting to come together, if what I read is true.

Looks more and more that TM was the aggressor and started the physical confrontation. Not that it really matters as much who started it, if it is proven that TM was on top of GZ and GZ felt his life was in danger.
You might see different transcripts of her testimony beause she was hard to understand, there was lots of cross-talk.

The version I've seen, she says Trayvon tells her he's 'right near' or 'right by' dad's girlfriend's house.

If he was near that house, felt safe, and turned back to see where the follower was, this witness's story sort of fits, except she heard one person, not two, go left to right.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:26 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,926,689 times
An acquittal doesn't mean he is innocent, it just means he beat the charges against him. Do you think OJ and Casey Anthony are innocent since they were acquitted in their murder cases?

It won't just be African Americans that will be out to get him. He wanted to play the role of a tough guy and killed an unarmed kid. That means that plenty of people of all races will be willing to give him the chance to prove just how tough he is over and over again.

And that doesn't even get into the non-violent means that people could use to disrupt his daily life. Massive protests directed at any company that gives him a job, daily protests outside his home, people following him around all day everyday.

No matter what happens at trial, Zimmerman's life as he knew it is over. That is the price he will pay for killing someone.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 06-25-2013 at 05:24 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 06-25-2013, 04:50 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,564,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
The last witness tells of running left to right, which would be from the direction of Trayvon's father's girlfriends house toward the place where the fight took place.

Somewhere in this thread I just read about the testimony of TM's girlfriend that said he had gotten "home" and left again to supposedly go confront his "stalker". It's all starting to come together, if what I read is true.

Looks more and more that TM was the aggressor and started the physical confrontation. Not that it really matters as much who started it, if it is proven that TM was on top of GZ and GZ felt his life was in danger.
It could also be that he was almost there and Zimmerman found him. Zimmerman didn't mention that he was close to there. Did he forget? He looked a little surprised and nervous when they were talking about the markers.

Old 06-25-2013, 04:56 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,852,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
Yes, this is a trial about self defense.

He didn't stalk anyone. Following is not illegal. It doesn't matter what he was told. That's not a law, that's just what he was told. I don't know why I have to keep explaining this.

Learn first, then comment.
I'm with you, pal.

Show me the law against getting out of my car, following someone, getting in an altercation on the sidewalk and defending myself with my chain saw.

Insane Chainsaw Guy Get Knocked Out With Beer Keg (Real Video) (IoSoS) - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies