Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 06:43 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
because now they are trampling on my rights with all this hate speech crap!
Frankly I think most people could care less about someone being gay but they can keep their perverted crap in the bedroom like everyone else and stop expecting everyone to treat them like their "special".

ALERT: Obama's Justice Department Says Use of Husband and Wife is Considered Hate Speech... | RedFlagNews.com
What rights of yours are being trampled by giving me the equal rights?

IF people are having sex in public, call the police.

Also your little blog says nothing about using the terms husband and wife will be considered hate speech.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:45 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
my right to call my spouse "wife".
my right to not have your personal life shoved in my face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What rights of yours are being trampled by giving me the equal rights?

IF people are having sex in public, call the police.

Also your little blog says nothing about using the terms husband and wife will be considered hate speech.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:48 AM

Quote:
my right to call my spouse "wife".
my right to not have your personal life shoved in my face.
Who is stopping you from calling your spouse your wife?
I will be calling my spouse my wife.

Heterosexuals shove their personal lives in my face just as much as I shove mine in theirs.
They are constantly talking about their husbands or wives, holding hands, kissing, hugging etc in public.
Why can't they keep their personal lives to themselves, and quit shoving it in my face?

You sound really pedantic with your little rant.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:49 AM

oh please.
really? you don't see that coming to a workplace near you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Who is stopping you from calling your spouse your wife?
I will be calling my spouse my wife.

Heterosexuals shove their personal lives in my face just as much as I shove mine in theirs.
They are constantly talking about their husbands or wives, holding hands, kissing, hugging etc in public.
Why can't they keep their personal lives to themselves, and quit shoving it in my face?

You sound really pedantic with your little rant.

Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 AM

Old 07-01-2013, 07:07 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I an not "confused" in the least. Those who are confused are the ones who think that homosexuality is "normal."

The point I was making is that even though not everyone one wants kids, two men together cannot create one.

Did YOU get it clear once and for all (I doubt it). If not, read up on biology!
Kindly keep your right wing authoritarian churchy views out of my path. Your sick views repulse me.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:08 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
That's just the thing - you're not equal, pretending to be, won't make it so.
What do you mean, "you're not equal?" Whom are you directing that to, and what do you mean precisely?

Old 07-01-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
oh please.
really? you don't see that coming to a workplace near you?
No, because we have this thing called a constitution, and it assures freedom of speech. Not to mention same sex spouses call their spouse husband or wife also.

The sky is not falling. Get a grip.

Old 07-01-2013, 07:17 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
That is so revisionist and Orwellian. Marriage for fifty thousand years is and was a "baby making enterprise" ...Who are you kidding?...all of a sudden within 20 years of human history... suddenly human beings and their mating to achieve reproduction is NOW something new? MARRIAGE IS MATING....Birds get married...many animals in the natural world take on a life time mate...and it is not just to go out to dinner and take vacations at some spa. "pop out kids" ??? what is this now...some sort of dirty and un-natural event? Its NORMAL. People who get together and do not breed are NOT mated - they are not naturally married...Why is it people who are human defy nature? I have never seen a couple no matter who they are - who are fully mature and developed as human beings until they have kids...it is a developmental issue...a progression. To take the artificial view is regressive. THAT IS A FACT.

Wait a minute! So a married couple who cannot have children is not really married? I guess my cousin and his marriage to his wife is phony?

Old 07-01-2013, 07:24 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,356,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I find it strange that some so called "heterosexual" individuals are preoccupied with gay issues.

As a straight man I don't spend too much time thinking about issues relating to the gay community.

I find interesting that some straight individuals spend so much time and effort focusing on gays, and I was wondering what is the psychology behind this?
As a "straight" women, with many gay friends and some gay family members, gay rights is a VERY IMPORTANT issue for me. . . . never mind the basic principals of "fairness". . . .Why would I want to see people that I love hurt and discriminated against?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies