Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 12:57 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,473,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wambatown81 View Post
I don't really care about gay issues one way or another but a lot of people are supporters of it simply because its very "hip and trendy" and all their cool friends at the coffee shop do it. Whatever way in which they can further display that they're not conservative right wingers they will get involved in. Some of them like to think they're being rebels and "bucking the system", even though to buck the system right now would mean anti-gay rights, as that view is increasingly less tolerated and not at all the way of the establishment anymore.
I had to rep this post because of that bold part.

I would be less irked by heterosexuals that are very strong supporter of homosexual sex, openly homosexuality as one of a person's characteristics, if they simply thought the issue through and arrived at their own conclusion, rather than being told what they should think by some political group.

I have this same beef with conservatives too. The criminalization of drug possession and use being a big one for me. It's not an issue that garners a lot of public discussion and emotions though. Because drug dealers and drug addicts don't have much if any politically lobbying power.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:38 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Two consenting adults forging a deep emotional bond, most often strengthened by sharing assets, living in the same space and engaging in physical intimacy?
yuk
That's not what it's about, it's about money and pretending to be equal to a man and wife being the bedrock of the family institution. We would gladly give up the tax perks, to keep the gov't where it doesn't belong in the first place. For the most part, we have more couples shacking up with children than ever before, because single mothers are victims of children. The gov't owns those kids now.
The homos are stupid to go along with this, and just makes a mockery of the entire system.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:40 PM

[quote=momonkey;30263807]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post

No one is arguing for the right of asexuals to marry even though they along with heterosexual singles are denied countless federal benefits and rights afforded to married couples.

Know why?

Because it isn't about the benefits and never has been.

It's about changing the meaning of a word and using the power of the state to force this change.
If that were true, they would change the definition of marriage, instead of annihilalting it and refusing to present a definition at all. Doors wide open to anything.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Y'all used to say the same thing over at the Illegal alien haters forum. The Senate just passed it version of CIR.

A few years ago it was the sleeping giant waking to deport aliens en masse.

I wish the homophobic sleeping giant better luck. Hey maybe the Illegal alien hating sleeping giant and the homophobic sleeping giant are sleeping together.
Yeah the Senate passed a "landmark" immigration bill in 2006 too. Have a nice day.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:41 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I find it strange that some so called "heterosexual" individuals are preoccupied with gay issues.

As a straight man I don't spend too much time thinking about issues relating to the gay community.

I find interesting that some straight individuals spend so much time and effort focusing on gays, and I was wondering what is the psychology behind this?

I think the same reason athiest are obsessed those who believe in God. It is the same mentality level in my opinion.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:45 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,429,643 times
Quote:
I don't really care about gay issues one way or another but a lot of people are supporters of it simply because its very "hip and trendy" and all their cool friends at the coffee shop do it. Whatever way in which they can further display that they're not conservative right wingers they will get involved in. Some of them like to think they're being rebels and "bucking the system", even though to buck the system right now would mean anti-gay rights, as that view is increasingly less tolerated and not at all the way of the establishment anymore.
Bingo this is a fad issue and to reorder society based on a fad and the sinister influence of Jewish controlled Hollywood is simply silly. Now before anyone denounces me as anti-Semitic, Joe Biden personally thanked the Jewish community for pushing gay marriage through culture.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:46 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Civil rights is cool man...

Your lame daddy. L7.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,655,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The gay agenda is to normalize homosexuality.
But it's normal to have homosexuality in human society.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:36 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,449,267 times
I have no idea how often my husband thought about gays and we were married several years before I thought about it at all and he died of heart trouble before I even had other thoughts about it. All this said in one sentence, but, it covers several years. I do know he was terrified of being in the company of gays. I think he feared they would recognize that he might be gay or know he was; therefore, I think he thought about it a lot. We were in Dallas with another couple to attend a football game between Oklahoma U and Texas U, after which we were all invited to a party given by some art professors our friend knew. I am an artist and very much wanted to attend this party and my husband very much did not want us to go. He begged me to give up on the idea, but, I refused. He was so desperate not to go, he stayed in the car. I think all this occurred because of a casual remark by our friend that some gays would probably attend, although, he used a derogatory term. Perhaps I'm mistaken about it all.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
I have no idea how often my husband thought about gays and we were married several years before I thought about it at all and he died of heart trouble before I even had other thoughts about it. All this said in one sentence, but, it covers several years. I do know he was terrified of being in the company of gays. I think he feared they would recognize that he might be gay or know he was; therefore, I think he thought about it a lot. We were in Dallas with another couple to attend a football game between Oklahoma U and Texas U, after which we were all invited to a party given by some art professors our friend knew. I am an artist and very much wanted to attend this party and my husband very much did not want us to go. He begged me to give up on the idea, but, I refused. He was so desperate not to go, he stayed in the car. I think all this occurred because of a casual remark by our friend that some gays would probably attend, although, he used a derogatory term. Perhaps I'm mistaken about it all.
How callous of you not to take his wishes into consideration, letting him sit in the car while you party. No wonder he's your ex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies