Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2013, 11:04 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,279,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Time for deflection?
It's not deflection.

exactly what rights was taken away from you this week?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,343,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityGirl332 View Post
Society teaches us that it's ok to indulge and do whatever we wish. But when people do so, we see the results of their actions more often than not lead to, --depression, disease, suicide, confusion, addiction, unhappiness, ignorance, wasted potential etc.
I suppose you have some stats to back up the idea you are floating which seems to be these things in bold are the direct result of same sex marriage?

No?

Then why would you just pull baseless opinion out of your rear end and present it as fact?

Old 06-29-2013, 11:06 AM

937 posts, read 1,136,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sorry CityGirl332.

I know you are looking for a dialogue on this subject, but that isn't how it works with the gay rights crowd here on CD.

Regardless of what you post, these people will deflect, ignore facts, create straw men and post one diversion after another, all this so they can get around more quickly to posting their canned talking points and calling you names.

They don't have answers to your questions and that is why they will not respond to them.
Unfortunately, this is true.

Quote:
The truth is, I've looked at what God offers and what this society currently offers, and I have to go with God.
fine. that's your choice

We are free to choose to believe that your fictional sky daddy is nothing but an oppressive *****

16,345 posts, read 18,100,855 times
Quote:
Ok and once your "marriage" becomes legal in all 50 states (within the next few years), what will you gripe about? Will homosexual activists turn their attention to the religious organizations who do not believe homosexual practices are good? Or will homosexual activists demand that each and every school, teach children about homosexuality? When does it end??
Based on church attendance and affiliation, religion is on a long-term decline, anyway. Gays don't have to do a thing either way. You guys have always been and will always be your own worst enemies. Your opinions on this thread is a classic example of why that is.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Unfortunately, this is true.
there is nothing true in his post (check his posting history to see the constant lies that he posts about reproductive rights)

he can't even answer exactly what rights were taken away from him, when DOMA was struck down for being Unconstitutional

Old 06-29-2013, 11:10 AM

937 posts, read 1,136,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
I suppose you have some stats to back up the idea you are floating which seems to be these things in bold are the direct result of same sex marriage?

No?

Then why would you just pull baseless opinion out of your rear end and present it as fact?
This is not only about same sex marriage. It's about the messages that we tend to receive from our society on a regular basis (i.e. do whatever you like, or whatever feels good at the moment, because there's no consequence).

Old 06-29-2013, 11:11 AM

Quote:
This is not only about same sex marriage.
Funny the title of the thread that YOU started says its about same sex marriage.

Quote:
It's about the messages that we tend to receive from our society on a regular basis (i.e. do whatever you like, or whatever feels good at the moment, because there's no consequence).

and that message that we want to spread: Treat all human beings equally.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:13 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,100,855 times
Quote:
I know that she's only one person. I never suggested in anyway that she represents every homosexual. Obviously however, there are different voices out there. I'm just wondering why the mainstream media never discusses homosexuals with these extreme viewpoints.

I don't even like Glenn Beck, but he appears to be the only one who has spoken out against the woman in the original video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4ttV9bbOro
From my experience liberals tend to not listen to and take seriously the extremists within their ranks even remotely as much as conservatives do. There is a reason why conservative media has such higher ratings than liberal media. Some of you seem incapable of forming your own viewpoints without listening to bigots and loudmouths.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:19 AM

3,124 posts, read 4,942,676 times
Quote:
The truth is, I've looked at what God offers and what this society currently offers, and I have to go with God.

Society teaches us that it's ok to indulge and do whatever we wish. But when people do so, we see the results of their actions more often than not, lead to, --depression, disease, suicide, confusion, addiction, unhappiness, ignorance, wasted potential etc.
I know! I'm drawn to the fundamentalist and conservative "Christian" groups because their members lack any large numbers of depression, disease, sluiced, confusing, addiction, unhappiness, and ignorance. Oh...wait. Thats not true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies