Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 03:54 PM

690 posts, read 964,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
Why don't we just raise our children to know that the massacre of children or anyone else for that matter isn't a laughing or sarcastic matter. As for thought crime, looks like the idiot posted it on Facebook and failed to read their privacy policy or be aware of the world he lives in. Most of the people behind shootings have announced on social media hours or days before they act. This kid is a moron.
who gives a **** bout their privacy policy
unless they found some evidence of him plotting or some disturbing prior history with him, he shouldn't have been arrested, it was a bad joke so what, people say that typa stuff every day, esp when it comes to online video games, only a moron will take him seriously, its not surprising cuz its TX tho
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
He's in jail because a judge held a hearing and found probable cause to bind him over for trial. You can't sue for that.

Actually he could be out of jail if only he could come up with $50K.

If he were rich he wouldn't be in jail.
o really
u must be xtra smart
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 03:57 PM

674 posts, read 1,055,685 times
Quote:
And when you brief your children also tell them not to talk to cops that want to ask them "about something" without a lawyer or mommy and daddy there. And mommy and daddy don't let your kid talk to the cops without a lawyer.

They are not after the truth. They are after you (at that point).
Exactly, not anyone's fault but his own that he made a stupid post and doesn't understand his miranda rights after they're read to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
who gives a **** bout their privacy policy
unless they found some evidence of him plotting or some disturbing prior history with him, he shouldn't have been arrested, it was a bad joke so what, people say that typa stuff every day, esp when it comes to online video games, only a moron will take him seriously, its not surprising cuz its TX tho
Evidently the police give **** about their privacy policy. And in the case of some person talking about shooting up the nearest school, I'd say I'm glad for that. When he gets arrested for threatening to throw tea-cakes at a slumber party, call me.

Old 07-02-2013, 03:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post

This wasn't so much a thought as it was a poor choice of sarcasm in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre.

flip the coin

This anal PC'ism is getting freakin ridiculous!

oops, I said anal PC'ism... the PC cops are knocking!

Old 07-02-2013, 04:01 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
So, is this a sarcastic remark?

http://www.city-data.com/forum/26869367-post240.html

I have many more of these bookmarked which were passed on to the United States Secret Service.
And, it does not matter if this post is deleted, it's been printed as well as others of a threatening nature.
Wow. And this poster received $500 for most informative poster. Tsk tsk tsk.

Old 07-02-2013, 04:03 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,764,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
o really
u must be xtra smart
Probably but irrelevant. It's simple math. He's not being held without bond so if he had money he could walk.

Quote:
A judge set bond for Justin Carter at $500,000, meaning that 10% of that, or $50,000, would have to be posted to get him out of jail while he awaits trial. His lawyer, Donald H. Flanary III, says that's far more than his family can afford.
(CNN)

How smart you have to be to be able to divide by ten is up to you I guess.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:29 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Wow. And this poster received $500 for most informative poster. Tsk tsk tsk.
Just goes to show us all how one can be perfidious and post at will on the forum, and get away with it.
If you think that's bad, you should view who the $5,000.00 winner/s were, that's an eye roller too.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
This wasn't so much a thought as it was a poor choice of sarcasm in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre.
The insinuation from his dad is because he lived in the basement playing video games he wasn't aware.

Old 07-02-2013, 05:50 PM

690 posts, read 964,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhAcid View Post
Exactly, not anyone's fault but his own that he made a stupid post and doesn't understand his miranda rights after they're read to him.

Evidently the police give **** about their privacy policy. And in the case of some person talking about shooting up the nearest school, I'd say I'm glad for that. When he gets arrested for threatening to throw tea-cakes at a slumber party, call me.
so u dont find anyth wrong that hes been in jail for months and facing 8 yrs for a terrorist threat for a stupid fb comment?

Old 07-02-2013, 06:05 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Originally Posted by steven_h

Quote:
The insinuation from his dad is because he lived in the basement playing video games he wasn't aware.
I wasn't referring to his dad, but the choice of what the kid said.

Anyone that has teens/tweens knows how they talk to each other these days. Especially the online gamers. The garbage that comes out of their mouths is creepy, but it's still play garbage.

If they search this kids home and find evidence of any kind that he was going to become violent, THEN they'd have a case. It seems he's just being singled out to be made an example of. This arrest is taking sarcasm way too literally. The woman that complained (from another state) must be introducing PC 2x4 suppositories daily, and the police are just as nuts to act on her complaint.

This country is losing perspective at every turn.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
If they search this kids home and find evidence of any kind that he was going to become violent, THEN they'd have a case. It seems he's just being singled out to be made an example of. This arrest is taking sarcasm way too literally. The woman that complained (from another state) must be introducing PC 2x4 suppositories daily, and the police are just as nuts to act on her complaint.

This country is losing perspective at every turn.
The woman that complained was from Canada and I am convinced that cops take international reports more seriously, or use that "weight" to generate a heavier hand with their investigations.

I don't think he's being made an example of because I haven't seen anything where the authorities have publicized it.

There's something missing. One account said the bond was changed (but I don't understand that) after an interview. This is why you don't talk to police. The truth isn't the concern the concern is nailing you if they want to speak.

But still, why the huge bond? Why isn't it being treated as a "scared straight" type situation where they can claim scaring the pants off the kid is the message they wanted him to learn. Lesson over ffs.

If they are holding him as an example but not saying why they are so serious about it then I really don't know. I'm going to Google his lawyer some more over the next few days to see what he has to say.

There isn't much coming out from the family except notes about interviews, selling t-shirts and the petition. I asked in the TX forum to see if someone local can get details because no one else is spilling them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies