Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2013, 08:26 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,094,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
When are people gonna finally hold cops accountable??
Cops are held accountable every day.

Old 07-03-2013, 08:42 AM

2,040 posts, read 2,461,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
And very often given a slap on the wrist for doing things a typical citizen would go to jail for.

Posted with TapaTalk

Old 07-03-2013, 09:05 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,648,535 times
Quote:
Apparently. Else you probably wouldn't have responded at all.
Apparently indeed. The point is, as of now, I am quite tirex of exchanging barbs and insults, and taking up space on tbe board with irrelevant, personality clashes. If you disagree with my opinions about this, and observe the video differently, then state your case. I can discuss it, hear your criticisms, and respond, without tbe benefit of goading.

That said, the fact remains here, that this situation went to the mat, and shots were fired, because some cops wanted to show this guy who's boss. Earlier, another poster providex me with information, and a link, with detail about the dogs owner, and his ongoing lawsuit against this dept. He was known to these cops, and there is personal animosity there. Between that, and watching the way they approach the guy, on the video, and his subsequent treatment by them, my opinion is formed. Was tbe guy an annoyance? Sure. Was he breaking any laws? Can't see that from where I'm sitting. Were these cops justified in escalating the situation? Hardly. Does it look personal? Damn straight.

The likelyhood a jury could see it that way is pretty strong to. If this guys lawsuit didn't show much merit before, it does now. Certainly, if things are as you say, and people are projecting tbeir prejudices onto this, and objectivity has run lean, the way these officers will be judged won't be to their liking. And it's nobodys doing but theirs.

They made a way bad call. And got bit.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:06 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,140,648 times
Quote:
Yea right. An internal investigation is not holding cops accountable.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:07 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,090,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bludy-L View Post
And very often given a slap on the wrist for doing things a typical citizen would go to jail for.

Posted with TapaTalk
Ive seen this mentioned 100202 times on this thread. NO KIDDING. Maybe that is because typical citizens don't deal with armed robberies, thieves, violent criminals, traffic violations and pulling people over for doing illegal things, and dealing with angry mobs or riots.

Don't worry, if a dog came at me like that and I had a gun, I would give it a few seconds to back off before shooting it. I would hate to have to do this to an animal as I love my own dogs with all I have, but I'm not getting bitten over an irresponsible owner.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:09 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,959,626 times
In my opinion, they didn't have to shoot the dog.

Were they worried the dog was going to pull a gun on them?

Old 07-03-2013, 09:11 AM

Reading through these responses, I feel like I'm on an anarchy forum.

Down with the police, those pigs! All they do is take away our freedom of wanting to blast music and walk around crime scenes and armed robberies. And they shoot our potentially lethal pets that wander around! They are all criminals!

Please, start a petition to get rid of the police force in the US. Half of you would be crying by the end of the day when there are no more police around.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
In my opinion, they didn't have to shoot the dog.

Were they worried the dog was going to pull a gun on them?

No, but dogs have these things called teeth. They use them to rip meat off the bones. Perhaps do a google search of dog attacks and tell me what you find. Explain why people that have been attacked by a dog still don't feel comfortable around them 30 years later.

Nature of the job or not, I wouldn't take the chance to put my arm in the mouth of a rottweiler because some arrogant dog owner was so smart about "rights" but so stupid about being responsible with his pet and leave the window down.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:13 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,568,031 times
I really want to ask this guy if this was worth taunting the police. Seriously, I'd shoot a Rottweiler first and ask questions later myself. The dog's owner was being arrested and there's no telling what the dog might do. Why didn't this guy secure the dog in the car when he had the chance? It's his fault for letting the dog loose. Once loose, the situation is too unpredictable. I don't blame the officers for shooting.

It's too bad for the dog but his owner should know better than to egg on the police. An unrestrained Rottweiler is very likely to get shot in a situation like this but he has a big fat lawsuit now so all is well....

Old 07-03-2013, 09:14 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,140,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowitsshowtime View Post
Ive seen this mentioned 100202 times on this thread. NO KIDDING. Maybe that is because typical citizens don't deal with armed robberies, thieves, violent criminals, traffic violations and pulling people over for doing illegal things, and dealing with angry mobs or riots.

Don't worry, if a dog came at me like that and I had a gun, I would give it a few seconds to back off before shooting it. I would hate to have to do this to an animal as I love my own dogs with all I have, but I'm not getting bitten over an irresponsible owner.
Depends on what neighborhood you live in

Regular citizens can't even carry a gun in some neighborhoods. If they do, they then get arrested and thrown away in prison for a long time.

A cops life is not that interesting most days. I dated one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies