Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 12:29 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,510,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
You indicate that you know "something" about the law, so I would guess you know about all the studies conducted regarding the reliability of eye witness testimony and about how many death row inmates who were convicted by eye witness testimony have been exonerated via DNA evidence. Therefore, wouldn't you agree that eye witnesses can MAKE MISTAKES, have MISTAKEN MEMORIES, rather than consciously "lying"??? Also did you notice that the screaming on the 911 tape STOPPED immediately after the sound of the gunshot?
You're quick to point out unreliability of eye witnesses when testimony tends to support gz. In the next breath you find 'high-pitched voice screaming' lady and 'I judged size by pics on tv ' lady and Rachel credible.

I'm sure you have reasons for that other than the obvious --- you like the anti-not guilty testimony.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:31 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,410,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I'm just guessing about Tracy Martin. I see no reason why they wouldn't call him for that one issue. A side benefit is reminding the jury that the state did Not call the fathe to testify.

The ballistics expert called it a contat shot, but Rao left it at intermediate. I think the defense wants to reinforce the contact shot and dispel any chance of jurors using their imaginations about tm standing and gz on the ground.
As for Tracy Martin, the jury could see that as "beating up on" the victim's father. I don't think it would take much to cause the father to cry. Generally juries don't like attacks on family members of victims. O'Mara took a huge risk in his cross of the mother.

I wonder what the defense's pathologist will have to say about the distance of the gun from the gunshot wound based on having reviewed the M.E.'s work/report? Did Rao also testify about the distance of the gun from the wound? I missed her testimony. I saw parts of Bao's testimony, and heard him say "intermediate" but was unaware if his testimony remained the same on that issue.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
In this country we are innocent until proven guilty. The state made their case based on little evidence, weal testimony and the fact they were under political pressure to do so.
I don't think much of GZ. The guy is an idiot and a wanna be hero. He gives all gun owners a bad name.
He is a liar and weak small minded man that just couldn't bear to see a man walk down the street.
That said he is innocent until proven guilty. The state has failed to prove anything other than they had no evidence.
We can wish laws were different or wish there were reliable witnesses. But wishes seldom come true in anything but fairytales.
I am so very happy that GZ is not my neighbor and that none of my neighbors act like him.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I don't like the fact those with concealed weapons can act as irresponsibly as George did but that is really something for the legislature to work on. I must admit I don't really trust the legislature just to tweak a law that only needs a slight adjustment.

We all have our theories. The courts must deal in facts.
And it's the Jury's job to be the finders of fact, based on the evidence presented from the witness stand and physical exhibits admitted into evidence.

The court rules of criminal procedure and evidence determine what "information" is admissible in a trial. And, of course, there reason we have trials is that there a "facts in dispute"....one side saying one thing, the other side says something different....."disputed facts."

Old 07-06-2013, 12:37 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In this country we are innocent until proven guilty. The state made their case based on little evidence, weal testimony and the fact they were under political pressure to do so.
I don't think much of GZ. The guy is an idiot and a wanna be hero. He gives all gun owners a bad name.
He is a liar and weak small minded man that just couldn't bear to see a man walk down the street.
That said he is innocent until proven guilty. The state has failed to prove anything other than they had no evidence.
We can wish laws were different or wish there were reliable witnesses. But wishes seldom come true in anything but fairytales.
I am so very happy that GZ is not my neighbor and that none of my neighbors act like him.
Exactly Zimmerman is no hero but that doesn't mean he committed 2nd degree murder.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:41 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
George's pursuit of Trayvon is what will get him convicted. George's documented words will get him convicted.

George himself said Trayvon was running, while on the phone w/ the non-emergency dispatcher. George himself said that he was following Trayvon. We only think Trayvon had a chance to escape...Looks to me like there is a good chance George persued Trayvon down that path.

We only have George's interview statements regarding who struck who. Who was defending themselves is debateable given George's aggressive following of a person He "didn't know" George didn't even know what street he was on, how would we assume he knew every resident. Ludicrous.

So, we are to assume that there was never anyone walking around that complex that George in his self appointed monitor role didn't recognise. Irrational.

The first neighborhood witness said people walked around and on that path constantly. Did George monitor everyone of them? What made this night different.

I too would like to know who alerted George to Trayvon. If George was going to the store...Wht wasn't he taking the exit to the complex, instead of the entrance. George did live nearer the exit....Review the graphs. Questionable

And George refuses to clear up all the issues, lies and the discrepancies in "where" the dead body of Trayvon was, when he has repeatedly said Trayvon jumped him at the "T" it will be all over.

There are too many discrepancies, much more than I've mentioned. Beyond a reasonable doubt...Apply that to the discrepancies alone. Apply what a logical and rational person would do in the same circumstances. Add to that the lies we are aware of told by George.

I do not think George will get off. It may get reduced to voluntary manslaughter...But I do not believe he will go free.

I am looking forward to the defense portion. The only way my mind will be changed is if the many discrepancies are cleared up.
Maybe that lunatic Frank called him to tell him.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregm View Post
That's your error. That hasn't been proven by the state. So you need to reconsider YOUR BELIEFS.

Again like I said the inconsistencies, and contradictions could not have been severe enough to discredit him in court( the only place that matters) or the state would have brought them up, no?

You are really smart, it's a shame that you consistently bring your "feelings" into a discussion of facts.
just because you see it that way doesn't mean the jury will. It hasn't been proven either way.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
In this case, the defense has asserted self defense. they are not relying on the presumption of innocence. I disagree that the State had no evidence to support the charge. It's a matter of perspective, and, of course, the ultimate "finders of fact" is the jury. Their verdict will reflect what "facts" they believed and what "facts" they didn't believe. Trials are about a "question of fact."

"An issue that involves the resolution of a factual dispute or controversy and is within the sphere of the decisions to be made by a jury.
A question of fact is a factual dispute between litigants that must be resolved by the jury at trial. It is an issue that is material to the outcome of the case and requires an interpretation of conflicting views on the factual circumstances surrounding the case."
Fact (law) legal definition of Fact (law). Fact (law) synonyms by the Free Online Law Dictionary.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Uhhh, because you killed a human being? Even IF it were in self defense, you still killed a human being, and most folks would at least wish that it had not happened, and they had not had to kill another human being. ESPECIALLY now that Zimmerman knows that Martin was not a stranger intending to burglarize homes there, knowing now that he was visiting with his father, that he didn't have a gun or weapon, that he was just walking home, and that his death could have been AVOIDED if you had not made such a HUGE ERROR IN JUDGMENT, that this person is now dead because you made that HUGE ERROR IN JUDGMENT, I think MOST people would feel remorse at some level.

I think in an instance like this, people who would not feel remorse is a strong indication of sociopathy or psychopathy, both of which involve a lack of conscience and ability to empathize.
Well said.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Exactly Zimmerman is no hero but that doesn't mean he committed 2nd degree murder.
Correct.. No one knows what led to the fight. Well 1 man does and he isn't about to tell on himself at this point.
No evidence = acquittal or not guilty verdict.
Sometimes even morons get lucky. GZ is living proof of this.
I don't know that he committed any crimes per say, but he definitely created a situation where a confrontation was predictable. I would have confronted him..
TM had options which for what ever reason he ignored.
Call 911
simply go home.
Run away.
His choice may have escalated the situation. I don't know.
We only have the word of a demonstrated liar to go on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies