Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2013, 09:25 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,847,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You quoted me, so allow me to quote you back:

I'm not interested in your links. Never have been and never will be.

I'm interested in the trial. I'm not interested in seeing what someone else saw or thinks they saw. I'm not interested in trivial BS put up by a moron with a blog.

If you did the same, you would have a healthier and more accurate outlook.

And by the way.........George's witnesses (or 'versions', as you call them) haven't appeared yet. The defense has just begun. The goofy witnesses so far were the STATE's witnesses, not George's.

Are you really watching, or just pulling our legs? Or are you watching some idiotic channel that is filled with commentary telling you what to think? Big mistake, if you are.
This is very good advice. If any of us are going to post a link or blog, we better make sure that we have listened to every bit of this trial for ourselves. I don't need someone to form my opinions for me. I may find a blog or link that agrees with my opinion/assessment, but not before I listened to the footage for myself.

I was listening to a bit of HLN, which I never do. And I did that because it has been mentioned so often. Good grief! What a bunch of emotional garbage! It is clearly apparent that facts do not matter to these people.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:27 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,767,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
He said he had testified as an expert only 17 to 20 times. In the larger scheme of things, that's not a lot of testimony for a Medical Examiner or an Assistant Medical Examiner. However, maybe his current job may be in jeopardy.
I don't think his job will be in jeopardy but I also don't think he will be used on cases that look as though they will be high profile any longer. He may simply be relegated to the lab doing more collecting of samples than analyzing.

You're right, 17-20 is not that much. I wonder how many of those will file appeals.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:28 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,907,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Personally, I think anyone who puts themselves in a position to be involved in a potentially violent situation is stupid... Both of these young men did just that....
Maybe lacking an ounce of common sense would be a better description. Neither are a crime.

The preponderance of the evidence, without believing a single word George has said, shows Zimmerman on his back, losing a fight with a weapon within his opponent's reach. I would be in fear of my life in such a situation.

Yes, I would have never gotten myself into the pickle Z did.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:29 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,399,666 times
Frank Taaffe is perhaps the poster boy for racism and pure mean. He's a hothead, and probably far worse when intoxicated. Something tells me the only real bond between him and GZ was the neighborhood watch, where Frank Taaffe was coordinator. Frank's statement about George Zimmerman was "I think he had fed-up issues. He was mad as hell and wasn’t going to take it anymore." That was Frank explaining what happened.

I've thought about where exactly Taaffe was that night in February. George wasn't on that night, does anyone know who was? I believe Frank's house was near the sight of the shooting, so the address wasn't hard to find.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:30 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The thing is you do not have to believe a single thing Z says to find enough evidence of reasonable doubt amongst the testimony of other witnesses and the physical evidence. This case is over and every rational person knows it.
Really? How about some examples which proves to you your point?

Seems to me that most reasonable people realize that this case is about whether or not you can provoke a fight with someone, then shoot them if they get the better of you, and walk free as a result of the self defense law. If Zimmerman is acquitted, there are certainly some people in this country who will think that they can do exactly that, provoke a fight, set it up so there are no witnesses, shoot and kill, then claim self defense and walk free. ONE RESULT of this case/trial in Florida certainly should be a better, more narrow, specific definition of what constitutes self defense in the law. "In fear for one's life" gives paranoid folks a right to kill almost any time.

I'm not convinced you can speak for "every rational person"...

Old 07-06-2013, 09:30 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,767,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
This is very good advice. If any of us are going to post a link or blog, we better make sure that we have listened to every bit of this trial for ourselves. I don't need someone to form my opinions for me. I may find a blog or link that agrees with my opinion/assessment, but not before I listened to the footage for myself.

I was listening to a bit of HLN, which I never do. And I did that because it has been mentioned so often. Good grief! What a bunch of emotional garbage! It is clearly apparent that facts do not matter to these people.
I've been watching msnbc and it's also emotional trash with commentary. I switch the channel when they go to commentary.

I'm doing my own experiment with simply listening to the actual trial. Then I come here and do my own commentary

Old 07-06-2013, 09:32 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,942,353 times
Quote:
Maybe lacking an ounce of common sense would be a better description. Neither are a crime.

The preponderance of the evidence, without believing a single word George has said, shows Zimmerman on his back, losing a fight with a weapon within his opponent's reach. I would be in fear of my life in such a situation.

We are in agreement...

Old 07-06-2013, 09:34 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,683,872 times
Watch the Traybots twist and turn, deflect, and lie about what others have said.

Fun, isn't it!

Old 07-06-2013, 09:35 AM

5,064 posts, read 5,734,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
At least finish the quote: I found this link today...it was from 2012.
I found it curious the similarities in O'Mara's statement, and the witness we heard the first week of testimony.

http://frederickleatherman.com/category/theories-of-the-case/

"Actually, O’Mara has conceded that SYG and the castle doctrine do not apply and the evidence will show that, as a matter of law, the defendant was the aggressor.
As the aggressor, the defendant can use deadly force in self-defense only if,
(a) Trayvon responded to his aggression by using more force than was reasonably necessary to defend himself;
(b) He reasonably perceived that Trayvon’s use of such force created an imminent danger of death or serious bodily injury; and
(c) He attempted to end the confrontation and withdraw before he used deadly force.

O’Mara announced at a press conference that he will argue that the defendant could not withdraw before using deadly force because the defendant was lying on his back unable to withdraw with Trayvon straddling him raining down blows MMA style and slamming his head into the concrete sidewalk."
How much gas money have you sent Leatherman? Last I heard he still didn't have enough to get home.

Old 07-06-2013, 09:38 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,413,940 times
Quote:

A preponderance of the evidence is NOT the standard of proof in a criminal trial. In criminal trials it's beyond a reasonable doubt, which is a higher standard.

AND I totally disagree with you regarding the "preponderance of evidence" shows Zimmerman on his back, "losing a fight" (IMO, the evidence indicates that Martin was NOT punching Zimmerman, but rather holding him down) trying to prevent Zimmerman from using that gun, and Martin failed to hold down the man who weighed 40 lbs more than he did.

Btw, I'm guessing that you are older than 17 and 28, and you may be just a tad more sophisticated. Also, ACTIONS TAKEN as a result of a lack of common sense very often lead to doing things that are indeed a crime/illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies