Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 06:40 AM

596 posts, read 730,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I never gave them a hard time about who they were protesting, (if you can cite something that I directly stated this, then you may do that and I will say I was wrong and apologize), what I did complain about is ther filthy way of describing themselves, and the way they went about their protests.....

I complained about there un-willlingness to clean up after themsleves, their inability to provide a clear "path forward" "rape tents" destroying things, so me and you (tax payer) have to flip the bill to clean up after them.

Sorry to dissapoint you.
I never said that you specifically said anything. So your "sorry to disappoint you" is both unwarranted and misdirected. I clearly said that many on the far right gave them a hard time, which is the truth. You may want to try not being so defensive.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:42 AM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbsnm View Post
I never said that you specifically said anything. So your "sorry to disappoint you" is both unwarranted and misdirected. I clearly said that many on the far right gave them a hard time, which is the truth. You may want to try not being so defensive.
O.K., I miss read....sorrry about that.

We will see if tempp can come up with something I directly said against them....other than what I've already stated.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:44 AM

596 posts, read 730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
We will be impressed when OWS backs challengers to run up against crappy {D}s and win some elections and gain seats. That is what the right wants you to do is clean up your side of the aisle while the tea party attempts to clean up our side of the aisle. I hope they go after Rahm and he gets the boot.
Unlike you, I don't blindly pledge allegiance to any political affiliation. So I'm not on any "side of the aisle." I am capable of independent thought and I make decisions based on the issue at hand, not because I'm part of some group that expects everyone to think the same way on all issues. Stop assuming that everyone has this us vs. them mentality just because you choose to belong to a group that clearly views the world that way.

Old 07-05-2013, 06:55 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,279,189 times
This 4th of July, Chicagoans opposed to Mayor Emanuel’s extreme budget cuts to public services, and policies of corporate welfare, will peacefully converge at the Mayor’s house, at 4228 N Hermitage, to speak out against these austerity measures and celebrate citywide resistance to his mayorship.

Chicago has financial problems and has to make changes or else they become Detroit but that is putting the cart before the horse.

Seems to me that there is a legitimate argument that goes that there wouldn't be as big of a need to make cuts that affect public services if it wasn't for the huge corporate welfare programs.

Chicago knew what they were getting with Rahm though. Here is to them crapping in his flower beds.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:00 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,825,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
This 4th of July, Chicagoans opposed to Mayor Emanuel’s extreme budget cuts to public services, and policies of corporate welfare, will peacefully converge at the Mayor’s house, at 4228 N Hermitage, to speak out against these austerity measures and celebrate citywide resistance to his mayorship.

Chicago has financial problems and has to make changes or else they become Detroit but that is putting the cart before the horse.

Seems to me that there is a legitimate argument that goes that there wouldn't be as big of a need to make cuts that affect public services if it wasn't for the huge corporate welfare programs.

Chicago knew what they were getting with Rahm though. Here is to them crapping in his flower beds.
Exactly. OWS was never a political organization, they are against corporate cronyism regardless of party.

The sad part is the right wing propaganda machine tried to smear them and label them "leftist", and their ignorant sheep obediently believed it.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Exactly. OWS was never a political organization, they are against corporate cronyism regardless of party.

The sad part is the right wing propaganda machine tried to smear them and label them "leftist", and their ignorant sheep obediently believed it.
They never got any support from the "left" establishment either.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:31 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,912,967 times
Quote:

They are leftists, far leftists. Left of Rahm. Obama also gets criticized by those on the far left.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:47 AM

46,326 posts, read 27,162,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
They never got any support from the "left" establishment either.
What?

[quote]

Quote:
“God bless them for their spontaneity,” Pelosi told reporters. “It’s
young, it’s spontaneous, it’s focused and it’s going to be effective.”

Read more: Nancy Pelosi:]
Congressional Democrats embrace Occupy Wall Street - The Washington Post

Quote:
Prominent House Democrats are embracing the Occupy Wall Street protests as
demonstrations are spreading across the country
and gaining support from traditional progressive institutions. Democratic
leaders in Congress say that there’s a lot to like about movement’s central
message that corporate greed is fueling a growing income gap. And the enthusiasm
from Democrats in Washington suggests that they think this sentiment will
resonant across the country.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:53 AM

What did Pelosi do that Occupy would have supported concerning the banks? Did she argue that the welfare for Wall Street should stop?

No.

I find it amazing how people will support someone simply because they say the right thing, not whether or not they actually do the right thing.

The "established left" simply continue to do things that were the polar opposite of what Occupy was against. This story is a perfect example of this. Rahm didn't go to Chicago and take up the positions of Occupy. He went to Chicago and took up the positions of corporations and the banks.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:55 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,216,423 times
Quote:
It's "appears" and I'm a guy,..

Otherwise tell us chuckie, you were very vocal against OWS on countless threads, how do you feel now that they are going after Rahm?
Rahm is a former Wall Street Banker who hates unions, why wouldn't they go after him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies