Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2013, 01:01 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
GZ said "tell my wife I just shot someone" but Bernie keeps saying "tell my wife I just killed someone".
It must be OK for the state to lie to get a conviction.

5,064 posts, read 5,730,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
That is absolutely what happened. This case would have been much more bizarre if he wasn't the lead on it. The other ones for the state are loons. He is at least trying to remain within the scope of law with the sh-t sandwich he was served.
I don't feel sorry for him at all. He hid thousands of pages of evidence. He chose to interview RJ with Trayvon's mom sitting beside her so she would feel pressured to say what he wanted. When she admitted to him in August that she lied- he tried to hide the entire interview and didn't tell the defense that she had admitted to perjury.

I don't feel sorry for him at all. O"Mara said in 30 years he has never filed a single motion for sanctions, and in this case he has had to file 6 against BDLR. There is a pending sanction hearing for after the trial to address all of those. People from the prosecutor's office have testified at more than one hearing in this case that the prosecution has been purposefully hiding tons of evidence.

I don't feel sorry for him at all, and I hope he loses his license after this trial is over.

7,108 posts, read 8,974,215 times
I don't know about everyone else but I'm willing to respect the decision made by the jury.

GZ has to live with his decision on that night. Nothing good is going to come from this tragedy. There is no winner.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanchic View Post
White is a race, Hispanic is not. I am of Cuban/ Spanish descent have fair skin, blue green eyes and natural dark blonde hair. Cameron Diaz, Rita Hayworth,Martin sheen, Selma Hayek too name a few are white Hispanics.

In the United States, a White Hispanic or White Latino[17] is a citizen or resident who is racially white and of Hispanic descent. White American, itself an official U.S. racial category, refers to people "having origins in any of the original peoples of Europe, the Middle East, or North Africa" who reside in the United States.[18]

Based on the definitions created by the Office of Management and Budget and the U.S. Census Bureau, the concepts of race and ethnicity are mutually independent, and respondents to the census and other Census Bureau surveys are asked to answer both questions. Hispanicity is independent of race, and constitutes an ethnicity category, as opposed to a racial category, the only one of which that is officially collated by the U.S. Census Bureau. For the Census Bureau, Ethnicity distinguishes between those who report ancestral origins in Spain or Hispanic America (Hispanic and Latino Americans), and those who do not (Non-Hispanic Americans).[19][20] The U.S. Census Bureau asks each resident to report the "race or races with which they most closely identify."[21]
THANK YOU, for that excellent clarification!

Old 07-11-2013, 01:02 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
.GZ said "tell my wife I just shot someone" but Bernie keeps saying "tell my wife I just killed someone".
Bernie plays fast and loose with with all the facts and testimony in this case - if I were a juror I would be insulted.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,594,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
That is absolutely what happened. This case would have been much more bizarre if he wasn't the lead on it. The other ones for the state are loons. He is at least trying to remain within the scope of law with the sh-t sandwich he was served.
I agree with this. I don't think Bernie is a terrible lawyer. On the contrary, I think he is doing as best a job he can with the garbage that he was given to prosecute. What do you do when your "star" witness is Jeandel and the victim's "friend." He has very little to go on here. All he can say is that Zimmerman followed Trayvon when he should have waited for the cops. That's really the only argument that state has in this case.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:03 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,650,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
Do you forget...the jurors are not given time frames of the verdict. That is unknown to the jurors.
I would ask...For those of you that are convinced that Trayvon deserved to die, based on a misperception by George. How then is it out of the realm of your belief that others feel because George...Who took a life, shouldn't be held accountable?
I don't think Trayvon deserved to die as much as George Zimmerman deserved the right to defend himself.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:04 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Bernie had to go hit the john. He's making himself sick
He is being way to emotional. That isn't going to win anything for the State.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:05 PM

1,607 posts, read 3,091,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
In Bernie's world you are not expected to protect yourself even if beaten within an inch of your life. You should just take it an call "The Cochran Group" the next day and let the lawyers handle it.
by far the best synopsis of this whole case as well. Take your beating like a man, you white hispanic.

Old 07-11-2013, 01:07 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:

GZ said "tell my wife I just shot someone" but Bernie keeps saying "tell my wife I just killed someone".
Well?

Why didn't Zimmie say, "killed"?

Was he still unsure as to the deadabouts of Trayvon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies