Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 AM

688 posts, read 652,392 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
"The Shroud of Trayvon". That's just plain funny. Thanks for the late night giggle as I totter off to bed.
Yeah... that was just plain "cute and funny,"... it's pretty messed up that you'd "sleep tight" on that note. Hope you don't have kids that were raised that way.

Old 07-09-2013, 04:50 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
All the evidence points to his head having hit the pavement maybe once or twice. There are many things he could have done other than scream and shoot, he could have told Trayvon the police were on their way, he could have fought back physically instead of with lethal force, he could have screamed out 'I'm with Neighborhood Watch!" He lost his head, and an unarmed boy paid the price, and that's not right.

you watched too much Mayberry and Barney Fife.

seriously.
you're not from the same planet I am.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:10 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
All the evidence points to his head having hit the pavement maybe once or twice. There are many things he could have done other than scream and shoot, he could have told Trayvon the police were on their way, he could have fought back physically instead of with lethal force, he could have screamed out 'I'm with Neighborhood Watch!" He lost his head, and an unarmed boy paid the price, and that's not right.
Dr. Rao was a tough witness for the defense. She owed her career to Angela corey. Yet even she finally admitted as many as 8 impacts on concrete. I wanted to hear what an expert said about his head. As soon as she said the 2 lacerations were from one impact, I felt she was a shill for the state. Unless the back of his head was board-flat, one impact isn't sensible. Maybe we'll hear from someone else on that subject.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:15 AM

1,607 posts, read 3,091,298 times
Don't forget the Brady bunch and fantasy island too

Old 07-09-2013, 05:29 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
Dr. Rao was a tough witness for the defense. She owed her career to Angela corey. Yet even she finally admitted as many as 8 impacts on concrete. I wanted to hear what an expert said about his head. As soon as she said the 2 lacerations were from one impact, I felt she was a shill for the state. Unless the back of his head was board-flat, one impact isn't sensible. Maybe we'll hear from someone else on that subject.
and I don't know what difference it makes, if his head hit the pavement a couple times or a dozen. Obviously TM had one thing on his mind: beat the guy senseless, I am not sure how some of these posters can not think Zimmerman did what he thought he had to do.

Old 07-09-2013, 05:32 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,967,872 times
Agree with you Cinebar. If Zimmerman gets off, it will show that it is okay to pick a fight with someone, and when they defend themselves, you get to shoot them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
This is what I have been saying for a while, too, and I use my own boys as examples (I have five boys ranging from 18 to almost 38). There is a huge difference in how they think and their world experiences, even between the 18-year-old, who just graduated high school, started his first job, and is looking for an apartment, and the almost 23-year-old, who has been a self-supporting adult for the last four years and who just bought his first home.

There was an eleven year age difference between Trayvon and Zimmerman and I find it difficult to understand why so many give Zimmerman a pass for the poor choices he made that night while holding Trayvon responsible for what happened (he should have run home, he should have called 9-1-1, etc.).

Old 07-09-2013, 05:53 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Agree with you Cinebar. If Zimmerman gets off, it will show that it is okay to pick a fight with someone, and when they defend themselves, you get to shoot them.
Sorry you're a little off.

It will show that if you're assaulted on dark, rainy nights you can legally defend yourself.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:22 AM

8,560 posts, read 6,409,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Sorry you're a little off.

It will show that if you're assaulted on dark, rainy nights you can legally defend yourself.
No. It will show that you can set someone up, PROVOKE them and then shoot and legally kill them by claiming you acted in self defense.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:23 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and I don't know what difference it makes, if his head hit the pavement a couple times or a dozen. Obviously TM had one thing on his mind: beat the guy senseless, I am not sure how some of these posters can not think Zimmerman did what he thought he had to do.
The # of impacts might be very important to a juror who's wavering on whether tm was on top of gz for the whole struggle, had total control, and was slamming his head on the ground.

One impact, maybe from gz hitting the ground after the punch. 2 impacts, well, maybe gz did get tm off of him. 8 impacts--- a juror would be a stealth vote guilty juror to believe gz wasn't being beaten to a pulp.

I try looking at it as an undecided juror might. The more impacts, the more convincing and credible his account of events and his reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury. That's why I'm expecting the defense to have a medical witness testify about the injuries to gz's head.

Old 07-09-2013, 06:37 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,763,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The # of impacts might be very important to a juror who's wavering on whether tm was on top of gz for the whole struggle, had total control, and was slamming his head on the ground.

One impact, maybe from gz hitting the ground after the punch. 2 impacts, well, maybe gz did get tm off of him. 8 impacts--- a juror would be a stealth vote guilty juror to believe gz wasn't being beaten to a pulp.

I try looking at it as an undecided juror might. The more impacts, the more convincing and credible his account of events and his reasonable fear of death or serious bodily injury. That's why I'm expecting the defense to have a medical witness testify about the injuries to gz's head.
I think they would be dumb not to have a medical witness. For me, the fact that one has injuries and one does not is big. The improper bagging of evidence and lack of is another. What else could have been found out had the procedure been followed properly? These would be weighing on my mind heavily.

I think witnesses have shed as much light as they can on the entire event. But who knows, maybe one will come along and surprise me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies