Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Hitler was one man. A bum at one point he lived in a homeless shelter. So your "only eight people" doesn't really mean a lot if they get a couple hundred or thousand all wound out.
There are some significant differences between Hitler and a couple of black racist loonies. Hitler wasn't part of a minority, for one. He had a constituency that was willing to follow him and give him power. Who is going to give power to these racists?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:49 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I can't believe y'all are so damn paranoid.
Oh that's nothing. There are "progressives" out there who truly believe Republicans/Tea Party want to bring back "the good old days of slavery/Jim Crow".

Why would Republicans want to resurrect the Democrat's racist laws that Republicans fought and marched against?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:51 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why are you here commenting on a thread when you didn't even read the OP links ?

Please, I'm ridiculing the whole premise of the thread.

My question to all you "warriors" out there who yell "bring it on":

1. Have you ever shot anyone?
2. If the answer to #1 is yes, have you killed someone?
3. If your answer to #2 is yes, then how did it feel?
4. Have you ever been in a riot?
5. If the answer to #4 is yes, then did you keep your head enough to be able to successfully defend yourself, up to and including discharging a firearm, and hitting the person you were aiming at?

My educated guess as to the answers to the above questions is a collective "no".

Unless any of you has actually ended someone, whether it was defending yourself in a war, as a part of defending yourself while on the job as a LEO or defending yourself or your family, then you don't know what the hell you're talkiing about. It's not a game, folks.

Last edited by carterstamp; 07-12-2013 at 12:22 PM..

Old 07-12-2013, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Panthers: “This Time We’re Going Out To Whitey’s Suburbs and Burning Down HIS Community”

Bring it on.

We're coming for you, tough guy............

Old 07-12-2013, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Oh that's nothing. There are "progressives" out there who truly believe Republicans/Tea Party want to bring back "the good old days of slavery/Jim Crow".

Why would Republicans want to resurrect the Democrat's racist laws that Republicans fought and marched against?
Jim Crow and segregation were not Democratic Party policies, and the Republicans of today are trying to restrict minorities' access to voting.

Old 07-12-2013, 11:56 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Anyone who knows the history of the original Black Panther Party would know that this "New Black Panther Party" is not a successor to the original and it has nothing to do with the original. Bobby Seale, former member of the original BPP, has denounced the NBPP. The old party had nothing to do with getting rid of White people. This "new" Black Panther Party has nothing to do with the old one.

I guess it depends on your view of the original Black Panthers. Many people rightly have a negative view of them as they were virulently anti-white, especially in Oakland.
Granted they were not as vocal and obnoxious as this fool is, but neither were they some offshoot of MLK's vision either.

`

Old 07-12-2013, 11:57 AM

1,160 posts, read 1,431,338 times

Well, at least that would get the issue settled once and for all. I blame this on public school's failure to teach basic math. People that represent no more than 12% of the population want to start a race war with another 70% of the population. Anyone want to take odds on the outcome?

Old 07-12-2013, 11:59 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
If they go to whitey's suburbs, they will pick a safe area that has 'this is a weapons free zone' signs posted. And of course being the caring people they are, they will remove all the HDTV's from stores first before committing arson.
Exactly. Just like after Hurricane Katrina, robbing the liquor store for the stock of MD 20/20 and all malt liquors seems to be the most important thing. If "whitey" suburbs get attacked, it will simply show a new low for the black race.

Old 07-12-2013, 12:02 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,912,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
There are only about eight people in the New Black Panther Party. I don't think they'll be attacking any suburbs any time soon. They're just trying to scare y'all, and they've succeeded.

I'm more scared of police and wannabe vigilantes like George Zimmerman than I'd ever be scared of New Black Panthers.
New Black Panthers ARE wannabe vigilantes

Old 07-12-2013, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeker5in1 View Post
Well, at least that would get the issue settled once and for all. I blame this on public school's failure to teach basic math. People that represent no more than 12% of the population want to start a race war with another 70% of the population. Anyone want to take odds on the outcome?
Who said "people" wanted to start a race war? I don't want to be part of anything like that.

And that group hardly represents the more than 12% of Americans who are called "Black."

They don't represent me or anyone I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies