Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 02:10 PM

111 posts, read 107,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
2 men are fighting, one reaches for gun but the other shoots him before he gets the gun.
what does race have to do with self defense?
Because he started the fight to begin with. I kind of feel sorry for parents who might have black kids. They basically have 3 sucky choices. Choice 1 is to live in a 100% black neighborhood where there is a high chance their kids will be killed by black gangsters. Choice 2 is to live in a racially diverse neighborhood where there is a medium chance they will be killed by "the watch captain" or some other parinoid delusional white. Choice 3 is to live in an all white area where there is a lower but a chance they will be killed by the cops who can't tell a cell phone from a gun. No good choices here. Glad I am white. We really do have it good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2013, 02:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Trayvon was on drugs.

An autopsy confirmed it was well as pictures & text messages off of his cell phone. He was even suspended from school (3 times) for having drugs on him.
I'm not sure why we have a new thread on this - but the shooter was on drugs too. Of course the only reason we know is because the shooter admitted it. Since he refused treatment that night - no drug/alcohol screen was performed on him. And the police did not do one - as they should have.

So.

Old 07-14-2013, 03:43 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Had George Zimmerman's first name been Jorge none of this race stuff would've ever been brought up.

He has a White first name so Blacks & Liberal's automatically pull the race card.
Mark O'Mara: If George Zimmerman Were Black 'He Never Would've Been Charged With A Crime'

Old 07-14-2013, 03:59 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,369,433 times
Our illustrious president tainted this case with race when he tagged Trayvon as his son.

In the minds of many fools here is what happened:

Lil ol Trayvon, a mere chile was skipping back from the local store after buying some skittles for his baby brother and some watermelon juice for hisself. On the way home, some honky saw him jes' a skippin' along and then the honky tracked him down like a dog, and shot him in cold blood.

That is what people actually think......all because o launched his agenda by tagging him as his son. And be real here, a mere mention from ol' prezzy can launch a thousand race cards.

o shoulda kept his mouth shut like a leader should, like a lawyer should, but he had a son now and that son was dead, (nudge, nudge, wink wink - go get him!).

With no facts to go by, no idea of the circumstances, no business injecting his feelings into the fray, he launched this attempt at lynching Zimmerman and at any cost. And by god (or allah) he has the means to keep it up. The DOJ is on the case now. They'll track down Trayvon's civil rights and hold (er) them up for the world to see.

And nobody, NOBODY will ever think that Zimmerman's civil rights were violated by the racist in the Whitehouse.

Race was brought in by the biggest racist of all.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:02 PM

5,735 posts, read 3,254,101 times
yep and we have the race hustlers, sharpton and Jackson to thank.
Oh and kudos to the president too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because any crime against Blacks, not committed by a Black is racism.
That seems to be the law of the day.
Black on Black crime..they don't care.
Any other color on Black...racism.

The country is going to hell in a handbasket and it's getting worse as days/months/years go by.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:04 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,925,188 times
I'm usually one to defend the race card, but I just don't get it with this event. And I can't believe how much I'm on the same page as the ol' CD right wingers on this one...lol

I often ignore the media for months at a time, so I didn't hear about this case until a few months ago. Thus, I didn't get any biased media on it. I just read the comprehensive wikipedia article.

From that, it sounds completely like self defense, not racially motivated at all.

And Zimmerman was not being paranoid. It was a bad neighborhood:

"From January 1, 2011 through February 26, 2012, police were called to The Retreat at Twin Lakes 402 times.[67] During the 18 months preceding the February 26 shooting, Zimmerman called the non-emergency police line seven times. On five of those calls, Zimmerman reported suspicious looking men in the area, but never offered the men's race without first being asked by the dispatcher.[81][82][83] Crimes committed at The Retreat in the year prior to Martin's death included eight burglaries, nine thefts, and one shooting.[84] Twin Lakes residents said there were dozens of reports of attempted break-ins, which had created an atmosphere of fear in their neighborhood.[2]"

"On February 6, workers witnessed two young black men lingering in the yard of a Twin Lakes resident around the same time her home was burglarized. A new laptop and some gold jewelry were stolen. The next day police discovered the stolen laptop in the backpack of a young black man, which led to his arrest. "

Most of the witnesses said that there was a black man beating a white or Hispanic man, and the white man was in the red shirt on the ground screaming for help (Zimmerman). How it got to that point is not certain, but Martin had no wounds other than the bullet wound, so it doesn't appear like Zimmerman threw the first punch.

Martin called Zimmerman a "creepy ass cracker" on a phone conversation just before the shooting.

And Zimmerman has black and Hispanic ancestry.

Just sayin.

It's tragic that Martin died. He may have just thought some dude was about to jump him and did it first. But I don't see malicious or racist intent on Zimmerman's part at all.

Last edited by soanchorless; 07-14-2013 at 04:23 PM..

Old 07-14-2013, 04:06 PM

27,145 posts, read 15,322,979 times
Quote:
2 men are fighting, one reaches for gun but the other shoots him before he gets the gun.

That's it, that's all.
There are those jumping on the Bandwagon reaching to make it racist.

Those ARE the Racists.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:07 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
They are liberals and that's all they know.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:10 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,545,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
Because a white man shot a black young man, its an emotionally charged issue that the media can exploit
Except Zimmerman isn't white.

This is an interesting case study on how a cult can be brainwashed into believing a false 'fact'.

Old 07-14-2013, 04:12 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
They are liberals and that's all they know.
Please. The way this law is written as more or less a free for all if you have a gun and someone looks at you funny you can shoot them is the real issue. I'd be scared to death to live in Florida, and I live in Texas!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies