Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 02:35 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,818,404 times

Advertisements

This is one of those great questions and something I have found to be completely hypocritical.

The GOP has been at war with women for decades and their constitutional freedoms of what they can do with their own bodies. The GOP just recently has been shutting down woman's health facilities, forcing unneeded ultrasounds, and other huge government and huge taxpayer dollar spending nonsense.

I find it odd that the GOP claim to be so against woman's freedoms that "every baby is a gift from god!" yet they don't propose a massive increase in food stamps, child care, healthcare insurance, schooling,..etc. Actually it's quite the opposite.

Now the right wingers might have a point to their argument and proposals if they said/presented to the extent "We are closing virtually all woman's care facilities, banning a woman's right to choose, and forcing ultrasounds, but we are also going to skyrocket taxes to fund housing, child care, food stamps welfare, health insurance, education, and other needs to make sure these "little angels" are cared for like god wanted" However it's never been even close to that.

Why is that?

Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,333,584 times
They only care about the pre-born humans, not the post-born humans.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:38 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Holy Personal Responsibility.™ They swear it's going to work, starting immediately.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:41 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
They only care about the pre-born humans, not the post-born humans.
I care if people are euthanizing healthy kittens....it doesn't mean I want to adopt them all.

Where does YOUR choice become MY responsibility?

Abort away! I don't want to be responsible in any way....including funding PP.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:42 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,041,078 times
Pay for it yourself. Next

Old 07-19-2013, 02:44 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
So, no answers from the righties, except for irrelevant comments on paying for abortions.

Try to keep up, kids. The topic is why you want to shut down all the clinics to save the children, but refuse to help the children who are born.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,043,981 times
There is no war on women.

Old 07-19-2013, 02:46 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,190,673 times
A fundamental flaw in the OPs assertion is that women's care equals abortion facility. A medical facility that caters to women (for example a regular ob/gyn) has nothing to do with what recent abortion related laws change.

But since the OP refuses to consider that a fetus is another body, inside a woman's, with different DNA, he might never consider that another approach to pregnancy makes any sense at all.

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This is one of those great questions and something I have found to be completely hypocritical.

The GOP has been at war with women for decades and their constitutional freedoms of what they can do with their own bodies. The GOP just recently has been shutting down woman's health facilities, forcing unneeded ultrasounds, and other huge government and huge taxpayer dollar spending nonsense.

I find it odd that the GOP claim to be so against woman's freedoms that "every baby is a gift from god!" yet they don't propose a massive increase in food stamps, child care, healthcare insurance, schooling,..etc. Actually it's quite the opposite.

Now the right wingers might have a point to their argument and proposals if they said/presented to the extent "We are closing virtually all woman's care facilities, banning a woman's right to choose, and forcing ultrasounds, but we are also going to skyrocket taxes to fund housing, child care, food stamps welfare, health insurance, education, and other needs to make sure these "little angels" are cared for like god wanted" However it's never been even close to that.

Why is that?
Because it's not about saving babies, it's about punishing "sluts".

11,768 posts, read 10,269,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post

Why is that?
American borders are very porous and all you have to do is be born on US soil to gain citizenship. Every country with generous welfare programs has strict immigration requirements.

Pick one:
Welfare state
Loose borders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies