Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2013, 04:43 AM

27,213 posts, read 46,724,071 times

Advertisements

After Stevie Wonder called for a boycott against the entire state of Florida I started to look into when he last performed in Florida but I was unable to find it...perhaps someone has more details and proof?

To call for a boycott against an entire state is to me offending since first of all this was a self defense case, not a racists one and the jurors spoke on behalf of the prosecutors who brought this to a court room since that was the demand of the people hanging around the family.

I wonder how many Floridians are actually interested if Stevie is coming or not.

There are so many other singers who made/make less money than Stevie and now can perform in Florida instead of Stevie...

What about Jelo performing in front of a human right offender and making a huge salary...where was Stevie to speak up and say how bad that choice was?

Old 07-17-2013, 04:46 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
After Stevie Wonder called for a boycott against the entire state of Florida I started to look into when he last performed in Florida but I was unable to find it...perhaps someone has more details and proof?

To call for a boycott against an entire state is to me offending since first of all this was a self defense case, not a racists one and the jurors spoke on behalf of the prosecutors who brought this to a court room since that was the demand of the people hanging around the family.

I wonder how many Floridians are actually interested if Stevie is coming or not.

There are so many other singers who made/make less money than Stevie and now can perform in Florida instead of Stevie...

What about Jelo performing in front of a human right offender and making a huge salary...where was Stevie to speak up and say how bad that choice was?
I'd rather have Jimmy Buffet to be honest with you.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:03 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Ah, Stevie Wonder...I remember when he was Little Stevie Wonder. Everbody say, "Yeah..."

Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,377,473 times
Well he played Tennessee in 2010, and we have stand your ground, his statement is that he won't play any state with those laws.

I think its sad so many people are uninformed about stand your ground. J disagree with parts of the law, to be sure, but it had little to do with the trial. It was why Zimmerman was free to go for 6 weeks, but it wasn't used by the defense, they argued traditional self defense, and won.

I've said this before, if you have a video, eye witness testimony, or hard forensic evidence, that shows us what happened from the moment Zimmerman got out of the car! And when his gun was pulled, then we will know the story. Since those things don't exist exist and Martin was fighting Zimmerman, there is a reasonable doubt for self defense.

A fist fight for being asked what you're doing, or because someone followed you is not appropriate, and that is apparently what killed Mr. Martin.

Zimmerman shouldn't have gotten out of the car and confronted him, but that leads to negligent homicide, which is civil, jot illegal.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:17 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
He's not boycotting the state because of the Martin case per-say. He's boycotting the state because of their Stand Your Ground laws. If he starts a movement that others follow and it starts to hurt the state's economy then maybe their lawmakers will do some tweaking of that law. Stand Your Ground makes sense in your home, but it's like a license to kill on the streets, in my opinion, so long as you do it without any witnesses.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,036,023 times
Does anybody really give 2 sh*ts about Stevie Wonder? Maybe he'll boycott the USA and move to Finland.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:26 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
He tried to book a FL concert and no one came.

Everybody needs a good excuse nowadays for failure.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:27 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,308,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well he played Tennessee in 2010, and we have stand your ground, his statement is that he won't play any state with those laws.

I think its sad so many people are uninformed about stand your ground. J disagree with parts of the law, to be sure, but it had little to do with the trial. It was why Zimmerman was free to go for 6 weeks, but it wasn't used by the defense, they argued traditional self defense, and won.

I've said this before, if you have a video, eye witness testimony, or hard forensic evidence, that shows us what happened from the moment Zimmerman got out of the car! And when his gun was pulled, then we will know the story. Since those things don't exist exist and Martin was fighting Zimmerman, there is a reasonable doubt for self defense.

A fist fight for being asked what you're doing, or because someone followed you is not appropriate, and that is apparently what killed Mr. Martin.

Zimmerman shouldn't have gotten out of the car and confronted him, but that leads to negligent homicide, which is civil, jot illegal.
If your daughter had been followed by car, then on foot in the dark would you tell your daughter not to put up a fight if that person got close enough to grab her? For one thing you'd expect her to scream for help wouldn't you which Trayvon could have been doing when he was killed but we'll never know the truth on that score. People keep assuming that Martin had no reason to fear Zimmerman because they themselves knew he was the neighborhood do-gooder but Martin had no way of knowing that he wasn't a pervert or serial killer. Zimmerman could have and should have announced that he was the neighborhood watch and maybe this whole thing wouldn't have happened.

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 07-17-2013 at 06:40 AM..

Old 07-17-2013, 05:30 AM

2,957 posts, read 8,373,749 times
How does Stevie Wonder even know he's really black? Reminds me of the skit Dave Chappelle did when he played Clayton Bigsby, the black white supremacist. He was blind, and everyone told him that he was white lol.

Old 07-17-2013, 05:36 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,363,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
He tried to book a FL concert and no one came.

Everybody needs a good excuse nowadays for failure.
Stevie needs new material and should start rapping with each song having the words n........, wh.... and bit... and he could fill any venue. If his rap is good he could be the first blind rapper who went to smack his bit.. and missed that was video taped and all over youtube. He could make a comeback, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.