Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2013, 11:53 PM

437 posts, read 548,299 times

Advertisements

It was bad enough that he said "if I had a son he would look like trayvon" last year but now a year later he says "he could have been me". Clearly he wants a race war but why? is it for black power? Is it so there will be a lot of black on white murders than their already were? is it to being in gun laws? Is it to keep distracting the America people from what a pathetic job he has done since being re-elected? I don't know but I suspect it's a little but of everything.

Obama isn't dumb. He clearly knows what he's sparking by making statements like these. Why would he pick the Trayvon death to speak on when there's plenty more black on white murders in America than white on black? Why would he pick one of the few "white" on black murders anywhere in America all year to speak on? Not to mention all the black on black ones.

There's plenty of black on white murders that are 4,5,10, even 20 on 1! and the only white on black murders i hear about are either one on one or one or 10(jordan davis) yet they still get all the media attention while every black on white one gets no attention, leading people to be brainwashed into believing whites get everything.

Also, if you look at this article, they clearly found that more blacks benefit from the stand your ground law than whites. 66% of blacks got off when applying stand your ground as oppose to 61% of whites. So anyone who says "if zimmerman was black he'd be getting the death penalty" can be quiet now that you know that.

I'm sure Obama will get away with it though. He said the same thing last year and still got re-elected easily. Since being re-elected he's done the worst job any president has ever done but it's getting absolutely no mainstream attention, in part because of the hysteria involving this one on one fight death.

In the end, people need to get over this. There's already been white people in jacksonville and memphis getting beat and killed since the verdict was announced and there's probably been plenty more that I am not aware of. It was a ONE ON ONE death which is something unfortunetly that happens every day in every state plenty of times. If you're gonna pick one death to go nuts over find one where it's a 10 on 1 or where a baby dies or something. Why pick this unless you're on some black power tip?

The Times analysis found no obvious bias in how black defendants have been treated:

• Whites who invoked the law were charged at the same rate as blacks.

• Whites who went to trial were convicted at the same rate as blacks.

• In mixed-race cases involving fatalities, the outcomes were similar. Four of the five blacks who killed a white went free; five of the six whites who killed a black went free.

• Overall, black defendants went free 66 percent of the time in fatal cases compared to 61 percent for white defendants — a difference explained, in part, by the fact blacks were more likely to kill another black.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/...nd-law/1233152

Old 07-20-2013, 05:16 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,070,250 times
Dear Leader needs us to re-focus away from his scandals and at the same time keep his base energerized.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:32 AM

264 posts, read 280,725 times
Racism in this country is alive and well. If you don't believe that, just look at the posts all over this forum, calling black people everything from racist to a pathetic people in this country.

I agree that the Trayvon case was blown way out of proportion and turned political. But what Obama has stated is that we need equality. We need people to treat each other like people. ALL races included.

Some people will criticize anything Obama does, period. However, SOME of what he says is on the mark.

Thank you.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:44 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,623,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Racism in this country is alive and well. If you don't believe that, just look at the posts all over this forum, calling black people everything from racist to a pathetic people in this country.

I agree that the Trayvon case was blown way out of proportion and turned political. But what Obama has stated is that we need equality. We need people to treat each other like people. ALL races included.

Some people will criticize anything Obama does, period. However, SOME of what he says is on the mark.

Thank you.

Please Obama should his kept his mouth shut...but why would he do that? Just when you think we as Americans can "move" on...nope Obama had to put in his two cents...plus he got the facts of the case wrong-there isn't about stand your ground. But he is so out of touch anyway it's not surprising.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:47 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
This has always been bigger than Obama....he is just handling the torch right now.

Racial violence in this country is the last piece of the puzzle to militarizing the police force. For the tools that are stupid enough to bite on the propaganda (there are many), they will be the ones to sink the ship. So, wait and see.

The media perpetuating this tragedy is a psyop.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:49 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post

Thank you.
That's a very strange way to interpret his statement. There's no evidence of racism here (even confirmed by the FBI), which you all have so conveniently chosen to ignore.

This guy really needs to keep his mouth shut.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Obama can't win no matter what he does. Many black activists are saying that what he said yesterday was too little, too late and many whites are saying it was too much too soon.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times
He has been trying to provoke conservatives for quite awhile.

Conservatives aren't as stupid and emotional as O's cult, but he can't figure that out.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:06 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obama can't win no matter what he does. Many black activists are saying that what he said yesterday was too little, too late and many whites are saying it was too much too soon.
He can say as much as he wants. It's nonsense rhetoric like the quoted that we take issue with. I guess he didn't learn from his first stupid comment on this case.

Old 07-20-2013, 06:31 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
He can say as much as he wants. It's nonsense rhetoric like the quoted that we take issue with. I guess he didn't learn from his first stupid comment on this case.
so you have a problem with Obama's rhetoric, but are ok with this nonsense rhetoric that he wants race war?

At least be consistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies