Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2013, 07:20 PM

27,146 posts, read 15,322,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
Like I never had to switch doctors because my insurance plan decided to drop the one I'd been seeing for x number of years....

So you all saying this are defending the lie?

I'm just hearing excuses for the Head Liar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 07:54 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,817,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post

Thats because the rational doesn't fit your fabricated agenda.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:29 PM

596 posts, read 730,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You have no idea what I've said or been saying over the last few years. I'm just pointing out that this is the way is has been, Obama didn't promise that specific Doctors would be there for you no matter what. Anyone with a brain knew what he was saying and it wasn't that. You CAN keep what you have... assuming your EMPLOYER doesn't change things up or your DOCTOR doesn't change things up or your INSURANCE COMPANY doesn't change things up. And they do, all the time, before the name Obama was heard by anyone.
How dare you try to interject rational logic and common sense into a good ole Obama-bashing fest! Don't you know that everything Obama has ever said in the past and everything he ever will say in the future is a lie? And everything that has ever gone wrong, could ever possibly go wrong, and ever will go wrong is Obama's fault? If you don't agree with that, well then you must just be one of those stupid Obama-loving libs!

Old 07-20-2013, 09:20 PM

109 posts, read 91,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
My doctor is considering dropping his medicare patients because of the low payments. I have been seeing him for 20 years, with and without insurance, as I could afford coverage (sometimes $1,200 a month). He is a decent doctor and has all of my records.

Cancer Treatment Centers of America doesn't take Medicare or Medicaid patients as they say reimbursement is too low. Two tier healthcare in America ? By the way, CTCA spends millions in advertisement of their services, millions.....
Unless that recently changed, CTCA does take Medicare. I know for sure, my mother went there for cancer treatment. And she has Medicare, and a supplement that is out of network for CTCA. So, yes they do take Medicare unless it is something really recent. Her last visit there was in February of this year and they took Medicare then.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:29 PM

5,739 posts, read 6,934,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Oh really? Then why did all these folks buy homes they can't afford? Cars they can't afford? They can afford 60" big screens and iphones and ipads and any other thing that trips there trigger but if anybody dare mention they try and pay off their hospital bill it is beyond comprehension to many. More a choice. A choice that is made by those who just have no issue letting others pay for it because after all the "not fair" memo has been floated and it's just not fair that somebody else has insurance and doesn't have to pay the whole bill. Unbelievable!!!
Gawd, what a plutocratic Fox bubble - complaining about the "riffraff" again. TVs and cellphones somehow compared to a medical bill. You're wondering how the lower classes were allowed to buy homes they couldn't afford. FYI: it's lenders, not borrowers, who decide who can afford loans. Don't muddy the waters with a totally different subject.
Staying on health care and your right-wing view of it, since most of you righties hate Obamacare and fawn over a corporate-run system as the "best" system, perhaps some poetic justice would be to let you all patronize an unregulated insurance industry.
Would ya like that?

Old 07-20-2013, 11:47 PM

383 posts, read 641,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
Have you asked them? Insurance premiums don't normally go up 100% in one year. Nothing may have changed for the company, they just reduce the amount of the health insurance premium that they previously paid for you and have you pay the full premium instead.

By the way, a good family health insurance plan today costs around $16k per year. Could be that you were asked to pay the actual cost of it for next year.
Uh no you are wrong. Number one my husband is a Senior system engineer for Northrop Grumman. Number two we received our new benefit package in February and we read it. So the bottom line is Northrop is still paying their share, which has also increased, and our premiums went up, We dropped the the Cadillac plan and we will pay more out of pocket. Not a big deal for us...but my Doctor did say someone has to pay for the people that can't afford insurance.

Old 07-20-2013, 11:56 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detwahDJ View Post
Gawd, what a plutocratic Fox bubble - complaining about the "riffraff" again. TVs and cellphones somehow compared to a medical bill. You're wondering how the lower classes were allowed to buy homes they couldn't afford. FYI: it's lenders, not borrowers, who decide who can afford loans. Don't muddy the waters with a totally different subject.
Staying on health care and your right-wing view of it, since most of you righties hate Obamacare and fawn over a corporate-run system as the "best" system, perhaps some poetic justice would be to let you all patronize an unregulated insurance industry.
Would ya like that?
Add up your cable bill, cell phone bill, internet bill, mcmansion mortgage, fancy car payment and tell me why folks can't afford to pay a couple hundred bucks a month to pay of a bill to a hospital? There is no reason other than they don't want to.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:12 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post

You're just hearing the voices in your head....

Old 07-21-2013, 10:46 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
Add up your cable bill, cell phone bill, internet bill, mcmansion mortgage, fancy car payment and tell me why folks can't afford to pay a couple hundred bucks a month to pay of a bill to a hospital? There is no reason other than they don't want to.
OK, phone, internet and cars are needs. Without a car, you would have to rely on other people for transportation (trust me, it's not fun.) Without phone, you cannot get phone calls for jobs, medicine being in, ect. Without internet, you cannot know where you are on a job prospect or apply for jobs. While yes, you can go pretty basic (having a pay for minutes phone plan, basic internet and an older used car) it is still something you have to have. Now do you need a smart phone, a fast connection and a fancy car; not at all. To most people, this is a "like to have." The issue with healthcare up to this point is you could maybe afford it BUT, you have a pre-existing condition that prevents it. Who knows, what 2014 and beyond will bring us in healthcare once the genie is out of the bottle.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:56 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
They believe Warren's lies regarding medical costs and bankruptcies. The real truth is:

Quote:
A study published in the journal Health Affairs reviewed Justice Department data and discovered that among Americans who cited medical debt as a contributing factor in their bankruptcy filing, only 12 to 13 percent of their total debts were medical.

It's difficult to conclude that bankrupt folks are awash in healthcare debt when nearly 90 percent of their obligations are unrelated to health care.

Consider Canada. Our neighbor to the north features a government-run, single-payer healthcare system where private insurance is outlawed for procedures covered under the law. So you'd think that Canada would have a lower rate of bankruptcy than the United States, what with one big potential cause of bankruptcy -- the cost of health care -- absorbed by the government.

But according to researchers at the Fraser Institute, a nonpartisan Canadian think tank, bankruptcy rates are statistically the same on both sides of the 49th parallel. In both the United States and Canada, less than one-third of 1 percent of families file for bankruptcy each year.
Medical bankruptcy: Fact or fiction? - The Hill's Congress Blog

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/...husetts/72179/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies