Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 01:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,736,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Time to move on folks. This has turned into another "BASH TEXAS" thread as intended by the OP.

Nothing to see here but jealousy and hatred.
Apparently the ride was made in Germany.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:52 AM

50,834 posts, read 36,551,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Do you know the answer to the question?
Yes, she spoke to several people including the ride operator, begging her to check her restraint again before the ride started, this from other riders. The operator understood her because she dismissed her, telling her the restraint was fine. I can't believe you guys are starting to try to blame HER.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:54 AM

50,834 posts, read 36,551,301 times
The OP hasn't even been here since the original post, does anyone even realize that? Does anyone realize no actually agreed with her take, yet the debate rages on anyway? Looks like she got what she wanted, a 25 page thread in which people try to tear each others throats out and end up blaming the victim.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:57 AM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,191,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Yes, she spoke to several people including the ride operator, begging her to check her restraint again before the ride started, this from other riders. The operator understood her because she dismissed her, telling her the restraint was fine. I can't believe you guys are starting to try to blame HER.
I've been on rides like this where nervous first time riders are concerned about the safety restraint systems. I'm sorry about what happened to this woman, but those ride operators do hear that all of the time.

Otherwise, from the pictures of her in the news, with her body shape and mass, it probably contributed to the problem. In the future, there should be weight and size restrictions for rides like that.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:02 AM

798 posts, read 1,035,499 times
I am not a conservative, but this thread is ridiculous. Deregulation had nothing to do with the woman flying out of the roller coaster car. The Six Flags ride attendant ok'ed her when he should have checked the restraints. The usual check is that the bar makes 3 clicks, ensuring that the person is in safely. Her restraint only made one click, and according to the story, she mentioned it to the attendant and he said it was fine. Sad, but this is a case of human error.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:05 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
You can't be serious. It's percentage of population that matters. TX consists of a much larger population, thus the 1.1 million has little aggregate impact. So have a percentage more of the TX population is illegal... but they rank near bottom in education while NJ ranks near top. You can't blame illegal immigrants.
That map was only highlighting ILLEGAL immigration (and that's a slippery number to try to count, anyway). But 12.31 percent of people in Texas speak ONLY Spanish - half the percentage of Spanish only speakers in New Jersey.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:09 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,193,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySwelly View Post
I am not a conservative, but this thread is ridiculous. Deregulation had nothing to do with the woman flying out of the roller coaster car. The Six Flags ride attendant ok'ed her when he should have checked the restraints. The usual check is that the bar makes 3 clicks, ensuring that the person is in safely. Her restraint only made one click, and according to the story, she mentioned it to the attendant and he said it was fine. Sad, but this is a case of human error.
There is no "DE" regulation here. There is no story about regulations being relaxed concerning amusement park rides.

The woman's son in law was in the car in front of her and said he did not hear her complain about the restraint - which contradicts the first story. So it is not settled in any way yet.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:12 AM

67,650 posts, read 61,009,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
You evil capitalist! You are almost as bad as Mitt Romney!
The thing I find ironic is that usually - USUALLY - people who start and own businesses are pretty smart. That's what I thought, anyway, but this thread is making me re-evaluate that preconceived notion.

I wonder if this guy's Texas customers know how little respect he has for their state.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,986,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
The thing I find ironic is that usually - USUALLY - people who start and own businesses are pretty smart. That's what I thought, anyway, but this thread is making me re-evaluate that preconceived notion.

I wonder if this guy's Texas customers know how little respect he has for their state.
Not necessarily smart. In my experience, people who start and own businesses are often incapable of working for anyone else, so it's a choice of be your own boss, or hop from job to job.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:35 AM

2,886 posts, read 4,111,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Not long after a chemical factory exploded, a woman has apparently flown out of a roller coaster in Texas and died:

Police: No foul play seen in Texas roller coaster death - CNN.com

It appears the land of enchantment, where businesses can run free with zero government oversight, is having a negative effect on the people who live there.
this is nothing the government could have solved. in miami we have had a few tragedy's as well with the country run fair so just cuz the gov runs something don't mean it's going 2 work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies