Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 10:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You do realize this entire string of comments is about the ability to wire tape american conversations between americans,right?
Do you realize that the ability to wire tap american conversations between americans cant take place without the FUNDING to do so? If BOTH political parties GAVE MONEY to fund its operation then BOTH parties are to blame. You can sit here and wine and cry but funding for the programs take place YEARLY, and Democrats held all 3 branches of government for YEARS. To blame the GOP soley is utter stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 10:35 AM

298 posts, read 381,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Do you realize that the ability to wire tap american conversations between americans cant take place without the FUNDING to do so? If BOTH political parties GAVE MONEY to fund its operation then BOTH parties are to blame. You can sit here and wine and cry but funding for the programs take place YEARLY, and Democrats held all 3 branches of government for YEARS. To blame the GOP is utter stupidity.
Not at all. Don't run as "The party of smaller government" if you aren't going to be as such. The GOP had the majority and the ability to stop this. They did not. Now, again, how is this stupidity? Or are you going to sit here and make excuses?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Not at all. Don't run as "The party of smaller government" if you aren't going to be as such. The GOP had the majority and the ability to stop this. They did not. Now, again, how is this stupidity? Or are you going to sit here and make excuses?
Hows all of them votes to repeal Obamacare working out? To claim they have the majority and the ability to stop anything is garbage. How are you going to stand here and put on display the complete ignorance you have over how policies are passed in this nation?

Old 07-28-2013, 10:59 AM

298 posts, read 381,611 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hows all of them votes to repeal Obamacare working out? To claim they have the majority and the ability to stop anything is garbage. How are you going to stand here and put on display the complete ignorance you have over how policies are passed in this nation?
I am ignorant? Really? Then please explain to me why the Republicans keep voting to repeal Obamacare when they know they are going to lose at a cost to the taxpayer. Are you seriously implying they will stop? Furthermore, how do they not have the ability to at least SYMBOLICALLY like they are doing over and over again with Obamacare to not stop this? How do they not?

So, basically what you are saying is you make excuses and call names for your side's politicians when they disappoint you, just like most people on city-data. Am I correct? Seems that way to me. You do a lot of double-talking and you constantly contradict yourself.

"How are you going to stand here and put on display the complete ignorance you have over how policies are passed in this nation?"

Obamacare repeal is voted for over and over again with no chance of passing=okay with pghquest. The party of smaller government has a chance to vote against something with a majority and now I'm ignorant.

When you are riding down the slope of losing the argument, always call names. Perhaps some people will be diverted into not realizing you are losing. At least you got that part down.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:04 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,201,643 times
Quote:
House rejects plan to kill NSA data collection

If I recall, they do have the majority.
OH goody, so for the first time in almost 6 years of total abject governmental failures, coverups and corruption we can blame the Republicans instead of the Democrats....

Whoopie

Old 07-28-2013, 11:23 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Watch the entire topic now magically disappear from Fox News. I guess it will be back to Benghazi.

I heard about this on Fox news this morning.

As for those evil Republicans, almost as many Democrats voted with those Republicans, and as I always say, if Democrats and Republicans are getting together to do something, it's probably to screw the people.

The Tea Party movement aims to take over the Republican Party and restore it to respectability.

We have far too many RINOs who vote with Democrats and there is no reason to have two slightly different versions of the same corrupt party.

Do get back to me when the Senate and President Obama are willing to end spying on US citizens.

Old 07-28-2013, 11:24 AM

Quote:
I am ignorant? Really? Then please explain to me why the Republicans keep voting to repeal Obamacare when they know they are going to lose at a cost to the taxpayer. Are you seriously implying they will stop? Furthermore, how do they not have the ability to at least SYMBOLICALLY like they are doing over and over again with Obamacare to not stop this? How do they not?

So, basically what you are saying is you make excuses and call names for your side's politicians when they disappoint you, just like most people on city-data. Am I correct? Seems that way to me. You do a lot of double-talking and you constantly contradict yourself.

"How are you going to stand here and put on display the complete ignorance you have over how policies are passed in this nation?"

Obamacare repeal is voted for over and over again with no chance of passing=okay with pghquest. The party of smaller government has a chance to vote against something with a majority and now I'm ignorant.

When you are riding down the slope of losing the argument, always call names. Perhaps some people will be diverted into not realizing you are losing. At least you got that part down.
Wait wait wait, now you're whining cause they are voting to Repeal obamacare, which does nothing, on a thread you started whining about them not voting to stop the NSA, which will do the same exact thing as their voting to repeal Obamacare.

Do you understand how your argument fails all of a sudden?

Old 10-03-2014, 09:15 PM

13 posts, read 16,169 times
Please take your political angst to the proper forum. Unless you've lived in another country, whining is useless because you DO NOT know anything about global politics. Who cares - O or a Republican; so far the country has what they paid for and will continue to do so.
Seriously find a political forum for your discussions.

Old 10-03-2014, 09:25 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Shouldn't we be firing most politicians? Regardless of political party?
yes, preferably out of cannons.

Old 10-03-2014, 10:21 PM

1,259 posts, read 828,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
You forget that both political parties are overrun with big government, political establishment types, who approved of this crap,

Knowing what real conservative regime's like Franco's Spain are capable of I never took that conservative talk about "small government" seriously, but please... talking about small government and voting for Big Brother programs in the next minute? That really proves that conservatives are just full of s$it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies