Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:02 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
you dont think the paying parents have or deserve a right to say whom cares for their children...?

blame the government that doesnt take much thought. Putting yourself in the shoes of the parents of those children, learning the lady left thier child napping to investigate a fire.

Those are not her children...the facility was not her home.

Her job one, is the safety of those kids...blame whom you wish, the parents and staff did the right, smart, and just thing---they fired her.

You hire her to care for your kids if you like.
First off, my comment was sarcasm, second it was in regard to the increasing tendency to leave or expect the helping of others or their property in the hands of the 'professional' public servants.

As to your questions they are simply irrelevant to my point. And frankly, I would have this woman watch my children rather than the old-heartless-lacking-common-sense-hag that runs the faciltity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 01:02 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,951,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Do you smell something burning in the kitchen and grab your kids and just run outta the house??? lol
She did not just have one kid to wake and safely get to safety...

I would if those were not my kids in my care. You used the example of "something burning in the kitchen"...the fact was, she had no knowledge of the source of the smoke.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:04 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,951,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
First off, my comment was sarcasm, second it was in regard to the increasing tendency to leave or expect the helping of others or their property in the hands of the 'professional' public servants.

As to your questions they are simply irrelevant to my point. And frankly, I would have this woman watch my children rather than the old-heartless-lacking-common-sense-hag that runs the faciltity.
that hag works for the paying parents not the teacher. If the hag kept the teacher...how many parents would have taken thier child and their money elsewhere???

Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,674,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Don't EVER work in an area where you are the one responsible for MY grandchildren. I swear to everything holy that you and your regulation worshiping tail would not like the result if one of them were harmed by your insistence to follow some STUPID regulation.
OOooooK then.........

Old 07-25-2013, 01:07 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,674,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Legal process? Are you campaigning to make it illegal for citizens to put out a fire?
Well, you've appointed yourself judge, jury, and executioner. You've made up your mind that the owner botched this. Fine.

Luckily, the legal investigation won't have to take into account the feces throwing that happens on internet message boards.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:10 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
She did not just have one kid to wake and safely get to safety...

I would if those were not my kids in my care. You used the example of "something burning in the kitchen"...the fact was, she had no knowledge of the source of the smoke.
So if you have one kid you go see what is causing the issue in the kitchen but if you have more you don't? Common sense tells you to go check if you smell something burning coming from the kitchen.

15,873 posts, read 21,463,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Don't EVER work in an area where you are the one responsible for MY grandchildren. I swear to everything holy that you and your regulation worshiping tail would not like the result if one of them were harmed by your insistence to follow some STUPID regulation.
You should probably consider taking care of your grandchildren yourself rather than send them to a daycare with regulations, then. Many daycares operate like this. It's unfortunate and ridiculous - my mom works at a daycare and there are days where she gets ONE break all day (at lunch - which can range from 10AM to 3PM depending on their numbers that day, but she gets in at 6AM). Need to go to the bathroom an hour before lunch? If there's not another teacher to cover you for the 30 seconds it takes to pee in the bathroom in the classroom during naptime, you're SOL. My mom has worked at quite a few of these daycares and they all have similar procedures.

In a typical corporate/franchised daycare, the owners have little to no childcare experience. The manager might be in their 20s with no real experience managing a business, but she got a BA in business so it's fine. Or, like in my mom's current place, the manager is also the owner who has NO experience running a daycare. The average worker had a high school degree and a few kids as their experience (my mom has an MA but was a stay at home mom or took advantage of flexible daycare hours when we were growing up so she's not qualified for much else). Many states are now requiring BAs in early childhood education. The new regs are great for kids, but bad for staff members who need a degree to make $9 an hour with little room for advancement.

But the above cluster of average daycare business models (not all!) is that no one really knows what they're doing from a management standpoint and are real sticklers for "the rules". The rules might not always make sense, but they're not developed by the boots-on-the-ground staff who actually interacts with children.

25,619 posts, read 36,734,809 times
I can see both sides. Leaving kids unattended is a BIG no no and can get your Day Care license suspended.

Not an easy call. But I would have repremanded her privately and retrained her on sticking with her charge. Then probably given her a day off with pay as a reward.

What would have happened had she become trapped, disabled and the fire spread killing her then killing the children because and adult was not their to get them out of the building.

It far fetched but I see weird things like that happen.

For those who say it was just nuggets burning in the oven. Ok then why not yell out to another adult to take care of it or have them watch the kids while she dispatches the fire?

Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,824,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
OOooooK then.........

The teacher's attentiveness, fast reaction and right decision probably save lives and certainly saved property, yet IDIOTS would have her follow some nonsensical, one size fits all regulation, only for the purpose of saying at least if something bad happened, she did it the right (albeit STUPID) way.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,028,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Well, you've appointed yourself judge, jury, and executioner. You've made up your mind that the owner botched this. Fine.

Luckily, the legal investigation won't have to take into account the feces throwing that happens on internet message boards.
Who said the owner started the fire? Now you are claiming the owner started the fire and that anyone who dare put it out should be prosecuted by the law. Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies