Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2013, 01:23 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
that hag works for the paying parents not the teacher. If the hag kept the teacher...how many parents would have taken thier child and their money elsewhere???
Ok! Sounds like a just and good reason to fire someone - and good to know you agree. Funny how that is not the reason given as to why she was fired - or maybe it was the real reason?

That hag acted like she put the children in danger and that is the reason she was fired - but under the circumstances staying in the room with the kids or taking them out one by one was something she thought was not the best option (that's why she was fired) but trying to possibly help someone's person or property and possibly stop the spread of the fire that may have hurt others was overlooked. How the woman in charge cannot see the good in that act, given the circumstances, and/or put money in front of it, as you suppose and seemingly agree with, and think this is to be a better reason and just act to fire someone is absurd and stupid. A warning on policy and encouragement on her motive seems more appropriate - I certainly do not want a person whose bottom line is more important than the character of the person who may have made a mistake. The fact that you poffer this hypothetcial up as an excuse is pathetic just like that hag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 01:24 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,673,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Some folks must have had to move a lot because it appears whenever they smell something burning from their kitchens they run outside screaming and head for the hills. Most just go see what is going on and take care of such a small issue. I hope they don't have a fireplace in their home or they will never enter.
I'm trying to get you to understand that this issue might be a little more complex than you think. I know that as a conservative, that is a really challenging concept to understand, but try.

This didn't happen in someone's house. It happened in a licensed daycare facility, which for very good legal reasons, has a rule for nearly everything. There is tremendous potential liability when you have a whole ton of people's children in your care.

It's similar to when the s**t hits the fan aboard an airplane. In air safety, they have something called Crew Resource Management, which governs how decisions are made in the event of an emergency. It emphasizes that procedures must be followed because safety breakdowns occur when humans panic.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:28 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Your comparing chicken nuggets burning in an oven to an air emergency? LOL

Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM

1,909 posts, read 2,539,949 times
Quote:
you dont think the paying parents have or deserve a right to say whom cares for their children...?

blame the government that doesnt take much thought. Putting yourself in the shoes of the parents of those children, learning the lady left thier child napping to investigate a fire.

Those are not her children...the facility was not her home.

Her job one, is the safety of those kids...blame whom you wish, the parents and staff did the right, smart, and just thing---they fired her.

You hire her to care for your kids if you like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
First off, my comment was sarcasm, second it was in regard to the increasing tendency to leave or expect the helping of others or their property in the hands of the 'professional' public servants.

As to your questions they are simply irrelevant to my point. And frankly, I would have this woman watch my children rather than the old-heartless-lacking-common-sense-hag that runs the faciltity.
Quote:
that hag works for the paying parents not the teacher. If the hag kept the teacher...how many parents would have taken thier child and their money elsewhere???
I agree with Shiloh1. I would hire this woman in a heartbeat to watch my kids.

Funny, she went above and beyond her normal everyday duties and saved this school and all the occupants. She should be hailed as a hero, but instead is fired.

The hag should have been fired, since it was probably Olga herself who had the nuggets in the oven... well gee, the teachers were in the classrooms and couldn't leave.

I am so glad that when I worked daycare and actually had this very experience - putting out a fire in the kitchen that was started by the director - that I was on break and able to go put the fire out without losing my job. Hey, I think I actually got a raise for that.

Wait, that was before zero tolerance.

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
I'm trying to get you to understand that this issue might be a little more complex than you think. I know that as a conservative, that is a really challenging concept to understand, but try.

This didn't happen in someone's house. It happened in a licensed daycare facility, which for very good legal reasons, has a rule for nearly everything. There is tremendous potential liability when you have a whole ton of people's children in your care.

It's similar to when the s**t hits the fan aboard an airplane. In air safety, they have something called Crew Resource Management, which governs how decisions are made in the event of an emergency. It emphasizes that procedures must be followed because safety breakdowns occur when humans panic.

The liability still exists if you obey the regulation and someone still gets hurt, so your point means nada.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Any time we place ANY stupid GOVERNMENT regulation in concrete, completely inflexible to situations we cannot possibly plan for, we doom ourselves to failure.

It is one thing for the government to offer a set of suggestions, but if a regulation is followed and someone is still harmed, isn't the business (in this case daycare) still liable? The regulations do not absolve the daycare of liability, nor can they guarantee that if followed, nothing bad will happen. That makes the STUPID, cast in concrete, inflexible, one size fits all regulations completely worthless to situations that are not cookie cutter.
Maybe calm down? Nowhere in the article does it say that she was fired for failure to follow a "government regulation." The owner fired her for leaving the children, presumably a rule the daycare facility has. Blame the owner if you don't like the outcome here.

It's my opinion, but I think the owner is covering her own ass here.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:30 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,513,065 times
Florida is a "Right to Work State". You are employed "at will", and your employer can fire you for no cause. Morality has no place in "business-friendly" states. Deal with it.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:33 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Not one poster on this thread has a clue.

Here's how it works when children are in your care.

Your first responsibility is safety of the children. You are trained to help and protect the children.

You are NOT trained to fight fires. That's why you have a rule to stay with the children.

You all are saying the most ridiculous things just for an opportunity slam the daycare owner and complain about regulations. So it was a small microwave fire. The rules are written to take everything into account and NEVER assume that is will turn put to be just a small microwave fire.

It could have been a huge microwave fire. It could have been a chemical fire. It could have been right inside the door so that the teacher could be injured upon opening the door, and them the precious children would have been on their own.

Ask any firefighter if they want civilians in buildings full of people to play Fisher Price Firefighter. Civilians very often make fires worse. Evidently all of you geniuses posting here about "common sense" missed that lesson in first grade.

As a lifeguard in an inner city YMCA, I once had an experience like this. A fire alarm went off. A manager ignores rules and decides that instead of seeing to the safety of patrons, she'd go see for herself.

I knew the rules. I did nothing except evacuate the pool IMMEDIATELY. By the time the manager had satisfied her curiosity, and discovered that an old house just a few feet away from where the chlorine storage shed was fully engulfed, I has all adults and children our of that pool AND out of the locker room safely down the street and undert supervision.

What a pathetic bunch of whiners on this thread. I hope none of you are ever in charge of other people playing cowboy.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Not one poster on this thread has a clue.

Here's how it works when children are in your care.

Your first responsibility is safety of the children. You are trained to help and protect the children.

You are NOT trained to fight fires. That's why you have a rule to stay with the children.
I already said pretty much this exact thing. See above.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:34 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,823,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Maybe calm down? Nowhere in the article does it say that she was fired for failure to follow a "government regulation." The owner fired her for leaving the children, presumably a rule the daycare facility has. Blame the owner if you don't like the outcome here.

It's my opinion, but I think the owner is covering her own ass here.

I love this... Maybe calm down? Really? If it were my kids, and you placed them in harms way with your 'zero tolerance' rules and regulations, causing their death... you certainly would be begging me to calm down, right before you died.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies