Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2013, 07:32 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherish643 View Post
The reason why is because there is really no impetus for non black men to pursue black women in droves. Think about it. Relationships usually start by the man pursuing the woman, but non black men already have their own racial group of women that they are relatively pleased with so why would they be looking for a black woman?

Also, we can't negate the negative media images surrounding black women. Unfortunately, black women are thought of collectively as loud, rude aggressive, ugly and obese. These are not positive traits and this ensures that many men, unless they actually get to know a particular black woman through work, or a social activity, will just assume the worst and not really want to even engage in a conversation with a black woman, let alone date her.

A black guy however, has the upper advantage, because of his gender. If black men are interested in dating a particular woman, he will have more leeway to approach the woman and just ask her out (something that black women and all women are usually not comfortable doing to a man).

So that is why there is a huge imbalance. Black men actively seek out non black women to date, and because a man is the pursuer (usually), you will see far more black men with non black women, than black women (who are usually not pursued) by other races of men.
Agreed. Tho more and more Black ladies like born after about 1980 are talking proper, taking care of themselves, getting educated and so on. IMHO the "black women are thought of collectively as loud, rude aggressive, ugly and obese" are becoming less and less.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:28 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post

What I've noticed is there are two kinds of black women: The Bon Qui Qui ghetto types, who no one who isn't ghetto would want anything to do with:

And the ultra-careerist, money hungry, corporate black women. The kind who insist that they live in a big McMansion in a suburb, have two SUVs, a lawn and 3.5 children named for haircare products and if any man disagrees well, kick him to the curb because she's still "waiting to exhale"

Very rarely will you find an educated black woman who is also laid back and doesn't care about keeping up with the Joneses. Hence, black men go to white women, who have a wide variety of attitudes and ideas on life, and black women are resentful as a result.
I count three. You might want to work on your math skills and tone down your hate for black people.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:38 AM

808 posts, read 662,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Eventually everyone in the world will be a nice mocha brown color, the kind of color most people seem to find desirable and attractive since white people spend a fortune on tanning salons, bronzers, and fake tanning sprays to achieve that color.
you are wrong. they won't

Old 07-29-2013, 09:47 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,220,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Why would dating someone of another race indicate that you hated your own race? Does that mean if you date someone of your own race, you love that race?
Ask them. I never said all who engage in interracial relation suffer from it, but there are lots of people who do. It urks my nerves when I here blacks say "I will never date a black again!". That's just ignorant to me because you've place an entire group of people in one box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
There's some who would interracially date or marry, but still have a grudge against that other race.
I've heard black women speak about how they love dating interracially and never see themselves dating blacks again. I don't even understand that mindset because blacks aren't one simple race who carry all the same traits. We come in different shape, size and COLOR.

It's one thing to fall in love with someone of the other race, but it's another to make it a mission to speak down on an entire group of one race and completely shun them.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:58 AM

199 posts, read 161,065 times
I believe it. Sadly, we're the only group of people that is inclusive. We would quicker embrace others than each other.

Old 07-29-2013, 10:04 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
MANY Black American girls (mostly those in lower/lower middle SES, but not exclusively) are taught to not consider non-Black men as dating options and there is often a different types of obstacles for Black girls/women who do.

Elle Varner - I Don't Care - YouTube
And even she is dating Iman Shumpert.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:26 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by btsilver View Post
I count three. You might want to work on your math skills and tone down your hate for black people.
The sad part is that he IS (half) Black.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,447,268 times
My daughter's best friend is a wonderful black women in her later twentys. She has a sister who my daugher is also good friends with.

They all went to school together.

My daughters best friend will not even think about dating a black man, no matter if he is well educated and good looking. Her sister on the other hand, will not date anyone who is not of the black race.

I don't agree with this whole sentiment. On my husband's side there are many cousins and his sister married to black man. They are light skin, but so what still black. None of the white side, Grandmas, Mother's sisters or brothers, cousins, really care or give this any thought.

What is the most important, is that the person they each are married to, are good hearted, smart intelligent, responsible loving people. And treat everyone with respect. Because they are light skin, does this make it different, not to me. They are still the same whether they be light or dark skin.

People i have learned, cannot help who they fall in love with.

My gosh and the babies born, to these couple are so beautiful, i mean beautiful gorgeous babies.

My hubands niece had a baby boy 19 months ago, he is the most precious handsome baby, i have ever ever laid my eyes on. Not bias, this baby boy is so beautiful, too cute for words. And smart, he was walking the little chit at 9 months.

Most people i know are accepting of it. People are who they are, and cannot help who they love.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:19 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The difference is that the majority of Black women who date interracially do NOT feel the need to vilify Black men in order to 'justify' having a relationship with a non-Black man.

I have never and would never tell a non-Black man how 'superior' he is to Black men because I do not see the need to make the comparison. But sadly, some Black men who date/marry interracially find it necessary to 'elevate' non-Black women as 'superior'.
Exactly. That is the long and short of the matter.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:07 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thand1 View Post
I believe it. Sadly, we're the only group of people that is inclusive. We would quicker embrace others than each other.
and, not only do we embrace biracial people, we often elevate them above "full black" people in the black media. it is quite telling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies