Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2013, 04:54 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Have you never read the bible? Not to mention all the pedophilia going on is coming from the christian church,...
You can't say ALL!!! You trying to convince yourself or us that only some sick Christians have a problem?

She really should have asked direct questions about what was written in the book, yet she didn't wonder why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2013, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Most people who claim the Bible as a guide have read little to nothing of it. Almost without exception, the people the most well-versed in it are non-believers.
How many times have you read it completely through?

Always like it when people say 1 time.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:02 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,813,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Most people who claim the Bible as a guide have read little to nothing of it. Almost without exception, the people the most well-versed in it are non-believers.
Absolutely. In the brainwashed right wing mind, being a "good christian" means to:

Hate gays
Hate women
Hate minorities
Hate women's rights
Hate all other religions (especially islam)
Vote republican

Old 07-28-2013, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. In the brainwashed right wing mind, being a "good christian" means to:

Hate gays
Hate women
Hate minorities
Hate women's rights
Vote republican
Your offensive.......Your hate for Christians is a personal problem, go deal with it!

Old 07-28-2013, 05:06 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,157,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
"Reza Aslan, a religious scholar with a Ph.D. in the sociology of religions from the University of California and author of the new book, “Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth,” went on FoxNews.com’s online show Spirited Debate to promote his book only to be prodded about why a Muslim would write a historical book about Jesus."

Watch the video. It seemed like all the interviewer was concerned with is why a Muslim is interested in the founder of Christianity.

Is This The Most Embarrassing Interview Fox News Has Ever Done
The guy seems to be a Muslim, but not himself a zealot, since he married a Christian wife.

The woman interviewing him did a terrible job, unless her purpose was to have him refute all his critics.

Every now and then we come across an interview like this, and you just want to toss your shoe at the idiot doing the interview.

This is like being critical of a professor for writing a book about cats, and the interviewer asking why he wrote a book on cats when he is a human being.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:06 PM

545 posts, read 451,953 times
he should of steered away from the interview as all about whether or not he has a bias and....simply was straight up and say...what part of traditional Christianity he is challenging...who wants to read the book? they all disagree about stuff amongst themselves so interviews should include the pro's or its a waste of time.

Last edited by macpherson; 07-28-2013 at 05:30 PM..

Old 07-28-2013, 05:08 PM

Read an excerpt from 'Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth' | Fox News

Today, I can confidently say that two decades of rigorous academic research into the origins of Christianity has made me a more genuinely committed disciple of Jesus of Nazareth than I ever was of Jesus Christ. My hope with this book is to spread the good news of the Jesus of history with the same fervor that I once applied to spreading the story of the Christ.

From his book........he's talking more about the life of Jesus from Nazareth, not sure how people see he's putting Jesus down. Sad to think Christians would attack him, rather than see he walked away and came back to his love for Jesus.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:10 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:

Hate gays
Hate women
Hate minorities
Hate women's rights
Vote republican
I expected as much from you.

Christianity means to:

Hate the sin, not the sinner.

And as far as your bs about hating women and rights and yada yada, you're full of it and you know it. You're just sticking with the liberal agenda. Seems to me that you and those that push your agenda of lies are the ones who are brainwashed and have bigger issues than Christians.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:11 PM

717 posts, read 648,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
I could give one damn less what some Muslim has to say about Christianity in his book. I think its important to note that the anti-Christian who writes a book about bashing Jesus, is Muslim. Maybe he should write about the founder of his religion being a pedophile instead of hating on other religions.
1: He was not 'hating' on other religions.
2: He has as much right as anyone else to an opinion give that a: Jesus is a prophet in Islam and b: he is a scholar in comparative religions.
3: Muhammad was not a pedophile. i:: Not all sources agree with Bukhari about Ayesha's age, Bukhari's Hadith were not collated until 300-odd years after Muhammad's death. Other sources give Ayesha's age as being 16 at marriage and 19 at consummation.

ii: Even if her age were 6 / 9, the custom of taking child brides was a part of Middle-Eastern culture. The Jews practised it as well as many of the other nations in the Middle-East and remember too that Mary of Nazareth's age was probably around the 12-14 mark.

iii: Pedophilia is both a sexual dysfunction and a legal one. Muhammad's others wives were adult women with who he apparently had very good relations. This would not normally be the case for a pedophile.

iv: Customs and Traditions as well as laws were very different then from now. What is considered unacceptable now was not considered anything to comment about then.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:12 PM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,218 times
"I'm an expert with a phd in religious studies."
"But youre a muslim."
"Yes but this is a scholarly examination of..."
"MUSLIM!!!!"

Why do people watch this garbage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies