Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2013, 11:48 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,743 times

Advertisements

Debbie Rowe who had Michael Jacksons children spoke about the doctors and the drugs given to MJ

omg! Celebrity gossip, news photos, babies, couples, hotties, and more - omg! from Yahoo!

If we legalized drugs, these people would finally not be functioning. And anyone that truly knows someone that has been hooked on morphine or heroin knows that these people function for a while...but then they don't function at all.

And you can argue that MJ was good until the end... Yeah, but he came to a premature end, didn't he?

Ms Rowe I think was one of the people in his life that really cared about his well being...not just for the money.

I think I met her around 1989 or 1990, at the end of one of his tours. She introduced herself as his make--up person. I'm sure it was her. She was pushing around a big cart in the hotel in London.

She struck me as really nice. I can picture her as a caring person. I'm glad she is speaking up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 05:00 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
So, should we go and make alcohol illegal again because some people are alcoholics and let it ruin their lives?

I hold down a nearly 6 figure income, have a 5 bedroom house, and I smoke pot. Meet some people a couole of years ago. He was completely against pot smoking, then one day he told me that knowing me and how I function changed his mind.

1 out of 3 americans smoke pot. I guarantee someone you respect does.

We shouldn't make things illegal because a small percentage of people can't hold their liquor.

Old 08-15-2013, 06:52 AM

945 posts, read 968,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
Debbie Rowe who had Michael Jacksons children spoke about the doctors and the drugs given to MJ

omg! Celebrity gossip, news photos, babies, couples, hotties, and more - omg! from Yahoo!

If we legalized drugs, these people would finally not be functioning. And anyone that truly knows someone that has been hooked on morphine or heroin knows that these people function for a while...but then they don't function at all.

And you can argue that MJ was good until the end... Yeah, but he came to a premature end, didn't he?

Ms Rowe I think was one of the people in his life that really cared about his well being...not just for the money.

I think I met her around 1989 or 1990, at the end of one of his tours. She introduced herself as his make--up person. I'm sure it was her. She was pushing around a big cart in the hotel in London.

She struck me as really nice. I can picture her as a caring person. I'm glad she is speaking up.
So function is your barometer for right or wrong? That is so arbitrary and cherry-picking that is holds no water.

There are people who aren't functioning for no reason other than simple laziness, alcohol, obesity, etc. Those people are allowed to not function or function if they so chose, it isn't your call to make.

The bottom line is that drug use is a self-inflicted situation that outside the isolated case of crack babies, is simply a choice you make.

If you want to do drugs or not, in copious amount or not; that should be something you and you alone have to determine is part of your life.

Drug laws are draconian, and the Christian version of Sharia Law. They are anti-liberty

Old 08-15-2013, 11:25 AM

3,045 posts, read 5,247,343 times
The last three American Presidents (Obama, Bush II, and Clinton) have admitted to smoking pot. Plus lots of other presidents (including the first one, George Washington), plus lots of other politicians including the queen of Tea-party conservatives, Sarah Palin.

List of United States politicians who admit to cannabis use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is significant because what if they had been caught all those years ago? Do you honestly think Bush, Clinton, or Obama would have been elected as the leader of the free world if there had been a Federal drug conviction on their records?

If you agree with that, then what, exactly, is the difference between these three men and some poor sha-muck currently sitting in an overcrowded jail cell because they had the unfortunate luck to get caught?

If NOTHING ELSE convinces you, this should. The next best leader the US and the World has ever known could be doomed to never see the inside of the white house if he/she happens to light up in the wrong place and the wrong time.

Old 08-15-2013, 11:37 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,291,785 times
The argument about drug legalization has nothing to do with the effect drugs have on people. It has to do with the ownership of your own life. Who owns you? If you are the property of the State, then the State can tell you what you may or may not do with your own body.

If indeed you are a free person, the State has no jurisdiction to tell you what you may or may not do with yourself.
It falls within the clause of persuit of happiness which the Constitution was supposed to recognise. Of course in reality you are not a free person and the Constitution is no longer in effect. You now live as a peasant beholden to the government which owns you as if you were cattle.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:47 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,212,292 times
Big government is always there to take care of you, god bless them

Seriously, if you want to waste your life, that's your right to, I don't agree with it, but I support your right to do it.

Old 08-15-2013, 02:54 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,714,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post

Exactly how is this in any way an argument against the legalization of drugs? From what I've read, none of the drugs that contributed to Michael Jackson's death were illegal. All were prescribed and/or administered by doctors. If we use the rambling thoughts you posted above as the basis for the discussion, then you are actually calling for currently legal drugs to be criminalized.

Old 08-16-2013, 05:24 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Big government is always there to take care of you, god bless them

Seriously, if you want to waste your life, that's your right to, I don't agree with it, but I support your right to do it.
Agreed. Legalize freedom.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:44 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,775,066 times
The war on drugs has done nothing but enrich gangs and cartels, expand prison populations, and break up families. Drug addiction is a medical problem, not a criminal problem. There needs to be more focus on helping addicts get clean. We need to starve drug cartels and gangs of revenue. We also have to accept that adults will make bad choices and some will kill themselves because of their addiction.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:12 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
All the wrong people are getting rich from the war on drugs.

Annual deaths from prescription meds: 108,000

Annual deaths from all illegal drugs combined: 18,000
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies