Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 09:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,676,850 times

Advertisements

Love the shirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 09:14 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,698,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Because their liberal leaders and keepers tell them what to think so they don't have to. Sheeple proliferate!
Unfortunately there seems to be more sheep among us than there are free thinking men like you and I.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:14 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,821,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
Sad that people are so willing to throw their rights away in the name of "safety". There is NOTHING safe about banning arms or making it harder for average law abiding people to own one.

Criminals have guns through the black market, banning guns does NOTHING but make YOU the victims! Why don't people understand this anymore?

All this tells me is that the people of California basically said "sure you can disarm me, Mr. Government. Here are my rights, don't worry I know you'll protect me Mr. Government because you always care about me".

That being said, some Gun Control is necessary and I'm in favour of things like mental health background checks etc... BUT that's not what this is about, the Democrats are taking this too far.
Another gun control nut...what part of make no law do you not understand...

Old 08-18-2013, 09:32 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,698,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Another gun control nut...what part of make no law do you not understand...
I'm not a gun control nut... I can assure you. I own plenty of guns and support Stand your Ground, Castle Doctrine, and Conceal Carry. I also think they should put armed guards in schools to protect kids. When I was in Israel I saw teachers with guns out on public field trips with their kids.
I also stated that some moderate, common sense gun control laws were necessary. However what California is doing is a direct slap in the face to the US Constitution and the fact that so many people are okay with this scares the hell out of me. God help us if Hilary wins in 2016,it will be the end for us then.

This is just the first step. Soon they'll take away more and more rights. Why other people don't see what is happening is beyond me.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,821,028 times
Quote:
I'm not a gun control nut... I can assure you. I own plenty of guns and support Stand your Ground, Castle Doctrine, and Conceal Carry. I also think they should put armed guards in schools to protect kids. When I was in Israel I saw teachers with guns out on public field trips with their kids.
I also stated that some moderate, common sense gun control laws were necessary. However what California is doing is a direct slap in the face to the US Constitution and the fact that so many people are okay with this scares the hell out of me. God help us if Hilary wins in 2016,it will be the end for us then.

This is just the first step. Soon they'll take away more and more rights. Why other people don't see what is happening is beyond me.
You are missing the point. At soon as you allow any law you have done the second in. If you allow any law than you have agreed the law does not say what it does...and you are in an argument with little objective basis about how far gun control can go.

And that is exactly where we are now. The USSC has said it does not mean what it says...and we are arguing about how far a state can go as a result. And the answer is likely anywhere the state wants that provides some reasonable capability to keep a gun. Past that up for grabs.

Un pleasant to the gunnies but true none the less...and the people, even gun owners, approve as you just testified.

Old 08-18-2013, 10:37 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,795,846 times
Quote:
That being said, some Gun Control is necessary and I'm in favour of things like mental health background checks etc... BUT that's not what this is about, the Democrats are taking this too far.
(sigh)

Non compos mentis should not have guns.

But why on Earth do you feel that it's the GOVERNMENT who should have the authority to prevent them from getting them?

Old 08-18-2013, 11:11 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,945,226 times
This is the reason we have 50 states with different laws... The overall majority of Californians don't care if their rights are taken away. They have been giving their rights up for years and been taxed into poverty for decades. Yet they stay. That tells me they enjoy the political intercoarse.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
This is the reason we have 50 states with different laws... The overall majority of Californians don't care if their rights are taken away. They have been giving their rights up for years and been taxed into poverty for decades. Yet they stay. That tells me they enjoy the political intercoarse.
I think that it's more of a situation where some rights are more important to some people than others. It certainly isn't a conspiracy by the citizens. Maybe the politicians, but not the citizens.
Just sayin.....not agreeing with the actions.

Old 08-18-2013, 11:22 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,945,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I think that it's more of a situation where some rights are more important to some people than others. It certainly isn't a conspiracy by the citizens. Maybe the politicians, but not the citizens.
Just sayin.....not agreeing with the actions.
Politicians are put in office by the citizens as their representatives.. You reap what you sew...

Old 08-18-2013, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Politicians are put in office by the citizens as their representatives.. You reap what you sew...
So maybe the "Watering the Tree of Liberty" will be decided voting district by voting district. Some are Dem, Others are bastions of conservative ideology. Interesting and probable, to say the least.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies