Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:13 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Bob Filner (D) as many of you seen has been accused of sexual harassment. The city counsel is unamious in that they think he (D) should resign as mayor. Apparently they need 101k signatures in order to go ahead with the election to recall him (D). Wonder if the city counsel will be successful in their endeavor to get rid of Bob Filner (D).

San Diego Mayor Bob Filner in mediation amid recall effort - CNN.com

He needs to resign. The guy's a slime bag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 06:32 AM

945 posts, read 967,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
What? The man went through a stringent week of counseling. Doesn't that cure all according to liberals? Oh wait weiner man went through counseling too never mind. lol
Yeah, I don't get all the outrage. The guy has a medical issue that he sought help for and it is no one else's business now.

Pretty fishing they are coming out now when there is blood in the water instead of calling the cops right when the forced advanced happened.

Let his personal life be personal, and base his skills as Mayor on the merits of his work.

I bet if you just looked at his record, he's fine.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:00 AM

11,758 posts, read 14,644,267 times
Quote:
Bob Filner (D) as many of you seen has been accused of sexual harassment. The city counsel is unamious in that they think he (D) should resign as mayor. Apparently they need 101k signatures in order to go ahead with the election to recall him (D). Wonder if the city counsel will be successful in their endeavor to get rid of Bob Filner (D).

1. Very clever of you to omit the fact that the majority of the city council--the ones you say are unanimously against him--are Democrats.

2. I'll be more interested in what you have to say about this when you show me everything you did to get David Vitter to resign his Senate seat.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:

Has Obama even commented on this man yet? He was Johnny on the spot when Limbaugh made an off color comment about Sandra Fluke, but this guy Filner has been much, much worse, and Obama has nothing to say. It just proves that unless Obama can gain some political advantage by speaking out about something, then he really does not give a rat's ass.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:18 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
1. Very clever of you to omit the fact that the majority of the city council--the ones you say are unanimously against him--are Democrats.

2. I'll be more interested in what you have to say about this when you show me everything you did to get David Vitter to resign his Senate seat.
I've not seen one talking head Democrat OR democratic politician come out in support of Filner. To a person, all have suggested that he resign immediately.

I guess the OP missed that one.

They keep forgetting about Vitter.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:25 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Where are this clown's c-d defenders????
Maybe he doesn't have any. Did that occur to you?

Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:

He's waiting for the media to drop it and cover for him, as they do for every Democrat who believes the rules don't apply to him. "Better put some ice on that." Then he can be re-elected as the others always have been.

But for some reason, this is a rare occasion where they aren't doing it.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:22 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,172 times
Acorn, you are not very well informed nor all that bright. He's attempting to trade the only leverage he has left (his agreement to resign) for an agreement that the city covers his legal costs. Even Jan Goldsmith (R, who is the city attorney), who is other wise a contemptible human being, has admitted that much. Oh, and, yes, literally every local and state Democratic figure as well as many national ones (who don't even have any connection to San Diego at all) have called on Filner to resign.

The sucky thing is Filner was actually an excellent mayor as for the first time in 30 years we had someone who was actually taking on the local Republican good old boy network who had been looting and mismanaging the city for the last three decades. Filner had also taken on the entrenched special interests (like the hotel lobby, the Chargers owner who was demanding $1 billion in blackmail money, and the developer interests who constantly demand 1/3rd of the city budget to be given to them as subsidies to do what they would have done any way). Sadly, Filner has a fatal personality flaw and now we're probably going to get stuck with a corrupt, demagogic, slime ball like Demaio.

Last edited by Think4Yourself; 08-20-2013 at 10:44 AM..

Old 08-20-2013, 10:31 AM

8,982 posts, read 10,457,345 times
It's funny to see so many cons wringing their hands over sexual harrassment in this particular case.

Two words:

Anita Hill.

I believed her, and I believe Filner's accusers. Clarence Thomas never should have been confirmed, and Bob Filner must resign.

Old 08-20-2013, 10:46 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
It's funny to see so many cons wringing their hands over sexual harrassment in this particular case.

Two words:

Anita Hill.

I believed her, and I believe Filner's accusers. Clarence Thomas never should have been confirmed, and Bob Filner must resign.
It's hilarious, isn't it? All the accusations about others, name calling, stupid assumptions & then these same people can't take it when they're called out on their ignorance. Poor babies. Filner should've had his pig a*s kicked out a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies