Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2013, 05:04 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Try reading. There are reports out there by credible groups like the UN and investigators from Geneva.
I would suggest foreign news sites though as the US MSM is focused on what Kerry is saying these days.

Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad's regime: U.N. official - Washington Times
Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday.
Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof,” that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.

We let the Libyan rebels guard these weapons for us. But then they all "disappeared" so we took $50 million over to Benghazi and tried to "buy them back" or so the State Dept told us.
US worries over unsecured weapons in Libya - World news - Mideast/N. Africa | NBC News
Well, 0bama needs to quickly attack the Syrian government before the truth can be learned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 05:15 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
Quote:
Try reading. There are reports out there by credible groups like the UN and investigators from Geneva.
I would suggest foreign news sites though as the US MSM is focused on what Kerry is saying these days.

Syrian rebels used Sarin nerve gas, not Assad's regime: U.N. official - Washington Times
Testimony from victims strongly suggests it was the rebels, not the Syrian government, that used Sarin nerve gas during a recent incident in the revolution-wracked nation, a senior U.N. diplomat said Monday.
Carla del Ponte, a member of the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria, told Swiss TV there were “strong, concrete suspicions but not yet incontrovertible proof,” that rebels seeking to oust Syrian strongman Bashar al-Assad had used the nerve agent.

We let the Libyan rebels guard these weapons for us. But then they all "disappeared" so we took $50 million over to Benghazi and tried to "buy them back" or so the State Dept told us.
US worries over unsecured weapons in Libya - World news - Mideast/N. Africa | NBC News
Plus they did a video of using the gas on a rabbit, then saying the same would be done to Assad and his supporters. They demonstrated it!!!!!
How can people be so stupid to deny them doing exactly what they said there were going to do?

Old 08-27-2013, 05:30 PM

37,972 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Plus they did a video of using the gas on a rabbit, then saying the same would be done to Assad and his supporters. They demonstrated it!!!!!
How can people be so stupid to deny them doing exactly what they said there were going to do?
I'm not sure we have been able to prove exactly who made that video.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:43 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Are you missing the point?
Those chemicals were in Libya, now they are in Syria. We bombed Libya and replaced their regime. We are now supporting the same in Syria, using chemicals that were under our control. Get it?
Yes, I do. Not sure why you think I don't.

Quote:
We also took control of the Libyan bank and Gaddafi's gold, billions of dollars. Wonder what happened to all that money? Probably paying for weapons, mercenaries and jihadists to destroy Syria, while we pretend to be on the sidelines.
But... but... but... it was the YouTube video.
So says the Obama admin.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:45 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Well, 0bama needs to quickly attack the Syrian government before the truth can be learned.

Well if that is the true case. Then exactly so, and i understand why. We hear one thing, but it is another, why does this surpirse anyone.

It is very important in a situation as this, to know the true facts of a situation.

Old 08-27-2013, 05:46 PM

89,026 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
QUICK!!! Someone make and upload another YouTube video to deflect responsibility!

Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM

1,337 posts, read 1,947,777 times
Quote:

+1

Its VERY clear the side with the highest motive is the rebels, it works against the Assad Regime using chemical weapons, the Pentagon takes us all for a bunch of idiots, it doesn't even add up.

Assad KNEW the US was waiting for a reason to strike, why on earth would he give them one. The rebels on the other hand are set to benefit.

We are all being played (again).

Old 08-29-2013, 04:06 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Default Syrian chemical attacks.

How can other countries kick up a fuss about chemicals supposedly being used in Syria, when agent orange and other colour agents were used over Vietnam.. I just dont get it.. can someone explain to me the difference if there is one.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:01 AM

11,039 posts, read 16,863,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
How can other countries kick up a fuss about chemicals supposedly being used in Syria, when agent orange and other colour agents were used over Vietnam.. I just dont get it.. can someone explain to me the difference if there is one.
There is no difference in terms of the human suffering it created. However, you answered your own question by noting the Vietnam war. The US stopped spraying Agent Orange in '71, which was 42 years ago.

The other difference is that Agent Orange was ostensibly a defoliant which, while (obviously) horrifically toxic, did not cause people who were sprayed with it to immediately drop dead, whereas the chemical attack in Syria - provided that it actually happened and this isn't another "there are WMD's everywhere!" campaign - was some sort of poison or nerve agent intended to cause rapid death. The defensive argument behind the use of Agent Orange was that they didn't know that a defoliant would have horrible side effects that would ultimately maim the people who handled it and continue cause birth defects on the areas they used it almost a half century later (I'm sure they knew full well), whereas using some sort of nerve agent - say, sarin - is specifically done for the sole purpose of killing.

Now, to be abundantly clear just in case I wasn't above, I don't trust the reports yet: the UN hasn't even finished their reports and we're already talking about going in to destroy the Assad regime. I'm utterly sick of the fact that our politicians are so trigger-happy and are just waiting to jump at the chance to go to a war that most Americans want no part of, while we're still embroiled in another unpopular war that most Americans wanted no part of.

But, this said, I don't find anything "wrong" or "hypocritical" of a nation that has a history of past transgressions stepping in and condemning it in the future: the Germans used mustard gas in WW1, do they not have a place in raising condemnation? I would just rather see the condemnation followed by prudent judgement, rather than an all-out rush to aggression.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:06 AM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
The impact of the herbicides used back with all the coloured agents , still have imapct to this day...causing massive suffering. so does that make it better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies