Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 01:01 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,696,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
A man can marry a woman, but a woman can not marry a woman. Discrimination based on gender.
A woman can marry a man, but a man can not marry a man. Discrimination based on gender.
A man can not marry a sibling, a woman can not marry a sibling. Equal treatment.
A man can not marry multiple spouses, a woman can not marry multiple spouses. Equal treatment.
I thought you believed "love is love"? Sorry no one believes all relationships are equal or should be called marriage, however if you support changing the definition then you have to be ok with those people getting married too. After all you can't "discriminat" right? That would be "bigotry".You either believe marriage is sacred and should be honored or you don't. If you support gay marriage you also have to support those other lifestyles getting married as well, even if you disagree with said lifestyles.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:12 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
The only discrimination here are from the gays. They are discriminating against religious people, forcing them to take photos of something that violates their personal and deeply held beliefs is the very definition of bullying and discrimination. You're just another religious phobes, you should try and become more open minded towards religious rights.

If Nazi's asked a Jewish owned photography business to photographir their Nazi themed wedding and the business refused would that businesses be discriminating too? In your logic yes, and this is the same kind of bullying you are supporting. However because I know better, I side with the owners because I stand up for their rights, rights that you want to trample on for the sake of pushing you're little gay "progressive" agenda.

If I ran a photography business and you walked in and demanded that I take pictures of a gay wedding I would refuse. Sue me, close my business down, beat me up, call me names, even throw me in prison... I will not violate my beliefs, I will stand up for my God given rights. I will never give into Religious phobia or gay bullies. If they don't like it then too bad, they can shove it, something that gays already are used to doing.
The photographer CHOSE to open a business. The photographer CHOSE to offer wedding photography. By doing so, the photographer can not deny wedding photography services based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.

Nazi's are not a protected class according to state or federal law.

If you refused a service in a state where discrimination based on sexual orientation is protected, then you deserve to be closed down.

Nice rant, BTW.
We are a nation of laws. to operate a business that is a public accommodation, you must follow the laws of doing business in that state. Don't like it? Don't open a business.

Old 08-28-2013, 01:16 PM

Quote:
I thought you believed "love is love"? Sorry no one believes all relationships are equal or should be called marriage, however if you support changing the definition then you have to be ok with those people getting married too. After all you can't "discriminat" right? That would be "bigotry".You either believe marriage is sacred and should be honored or you don't. If you support gay marriage you also have to support those other lifestyles getting married as well, even if you disagree with said lifestyles.
Every restriction on marriage has to further a state interest. ( I know, that pesky law thing again)
No one in any court so far has been able to show the compelling state interest to deny same sex couples equal marriage rights.

Incest has an increased probability of genetic deformities.
Polygamy, as long as it is between consenting adults, I couldn't care less. Polygamy however does not fit the current legal framework of marriage.

Each restriction will stand or fall based on it's own merits.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
The photographer CHOSE to open a business. The photographer CHOSE to offer wedding photography. By doing so, the photographer can not deny wedding photography services based on race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation.

Nazi's are not a protected class according to state or federal law.

If you refused a service in a state where discrimination based on sexual orientation is protected, then you deserve to be closed down.

Nice rant, BTW.
We are a nation of laws. to operate a business that is a public accommodation, you must follow the laws of doing business in that state. Don't like it? Don't open a business.
You're just a religiousphobe like, plain and simple. You're denying us our religious rights, no different than say than the radical Muslims that force non Muslims to go to Mosques against their beliefs.

And Nazi's are allowed to march on the capital, they are protected just like gays. You're just nitpicking at this point. BTW forcing religious people to do gay weddings is going to fire back on the gay community hard. If you think this is going to give you support your wrong, it's going to be the exact opposite. There are more of us than there are of you, and we're not going to enjoy being pushed around. The gay community is going to look like a bunch of bigoted bullies (which you are at this point) and no one is going to be supportive of your "cause" anymore.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Every restriction on marriage has to further a state interest. ( I know, that pesky law thing again)
No one in any court so far has been able to show the compelling state interest to deny same sex couples equal marriage rights.

Incest has an increased probability of genetic deformities.
Polygamy, as long as it is between consenting adults, I couldn't care less. Polygamy however does not fit the current legal framework of marriage.

Each restriction will stand or fall based on it's own merits.
As I said, gay people already have the same rights. Marriage is not a right, no one has the right to marry whoever they want. Rights are universal. If gays want same benefits that's one thing, marriage however does not apply to them.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
You're just a religiousphobe like, plain and simple. You're denying us our religious rights, no different than say than the radical Muslims that force non Muslims to go to Mosques against their beliefs.

And Nazi's are allowed to march on the capital, they are protected just like gays. You're just nitpicking at this point. BTW forcing religious people to do gay weddings is going to fire back on the gay community hard. If you think this is going to give you support your wrong, it's going to be the exact opposite. There are more of us than there are of you, and we're not going to enjoy being pushed around. The gay community is going to look like a bunch of bigoted bullies (which you are at this point) and no one is going to be supportive of your "cause" anymore.
Your religious beliefs do not excuse you from having to follow the laws that everyone else has to follow.

As to support for my cause, growing by the month.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
As I said, gay people already have the same rights. Marriage is not a right, no one has the right to marry whoever they want. Rights are universal. If gays want same benefits that's one thing, marriage however does not apply to them.
The constitution seems to disagree with you.

AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

And the USSC disagrees with you.
Quote:
The Bill of Rights lists specifically enumerated rights. The Supreme Court has extended fundamental rights by recognizing several fundamental rights not specifically enumerated in the Constitution, including but not limited to:
The right to interstate travel
The right to intrastate travel
The right to privacy[10] (which includes within it a set of rights) including:
a. The right to marriage[11][12]
b. The right to procreation [13]
c. The right for a woman to choose to have an abortion before fetal viability [14][15]
d. The right to contraception (the right to use contraceptive devices) [16]
e. The right of family relations (the right of related persons to live together)
Fundamental rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 08-28-2013, 02:23 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
An unjust law is unjust whether it's legal or not.

I would accept their business, but would make sure the quality was poor.

Nothing illegal about that.
No, but it could get you sued...

Old 08-28-2013, 02:26 PM

Quote:
The constitution seems to disagree with you.

AMENDMENT XIV

SECTION 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

And the USSC disagrees with you.

Fundamental rights - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I don't see anything that says two men or two women have the right to marry. That term doesn't even apply to them.

And LOL at using Wikipedia.

Old 08-28-2013, 02:27 PM

1,614 posts, read 2,072,214 times
Quote:
Marriage is not a right. Gays already have the same rights as everyone else. So not sure what you're argument is.
Actually, it is a right.

Beyond that, the government generally cannot treat one class of person differently than another (equal protection clause).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies