Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:30 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It seems the OP and few others here know they got it wrong, but are too proud to admit it
No, I didn't get it wrong, and I'm not afraid or to proud....
I'm trying to make the point that Obama is a coward....

that is like me saying to you....

well, I'm right cause my mom says so, so there!

I know what the whole jest of it was about, but for Obama to make that kind of statement, on the air, proves that he has to back up what he says, with "even some Republicans agree with me". Wull, I would hope so, I would hope that no matter who is in Washington, there will be representatives from both sides that are in fact objective instead of simply fighting each other just to fight each other?

Can you not see how immature his statement was?
I mean it was stupid...and if that is what some republicans really said to him, then they to, should be ousted...how completely immature. And these are the men we are paying to do a job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 06:31 AM

4,130 posts, read 4,461,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Actually anyone who voted for Obama and still supports him has that distinction hands down.
Seriously? I just provided evidence that what you believe is a complete fabrication, and I am misinformed?

That's just pathetic. It's like being pantsed and trying to convince everyone else they should feel foolish.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
Seriously? I just provided evidence that what you believe is a complete fabrication, and I am misinformed?

That's just pathetic. It's like being pantsed and trying to convince everyone else they should feel foolish.
Well, I voted for him and I don't feel foolish...I feel let down, I feel lied to, and cheated. But foolish, no one can make you feel foolish but you...

A better choice of words might be, EmeralCity is trying to discredit you for your opinion. But foolish, no...and don't you ever believe it...you are entitled to your opinon!

But, I have to agree, that after Obama's first 4 years, of doing nothing, should have awakend Americans, but it didn't, and that is even more scary...that people are so easily led astray....the fact that Bush was re-elected was a total shock as well.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:35 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't believe that either, b/c anyone who is mature, would understand, that regardless, no two people are ever going to think alike on every issue....or, I may agree with you, but I'm more in doubt then agreement......
It is not about argeeing with me. I am not arguing one way or the other, I am simply telling you what was actually said, and if you wanted to know the truth, you'd look it up the interview. However, you seem too proud to admit you made a mistake, so you're not even going to look at the words. I didn't vote for Obama, and I am telling you thins only to point out the facts which seem to have escaped you.

Quote:
I know what the whole jest of it was about.
It sure didn't sound like you knew what it was about.

Quote:
Can you not see how immature his statement was?
No. Your reaction is somewhat immature. You thought Obama said HE was afraid of Limbaugh, and then you realized that was not the case, so you try to divert to saying his actual words were immature. Admit your error and move on.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Well, I voted for him and I don't feel foolish...I feel let down, I feel lied to, and cheated. But foolish, no one can make you feel foolish but you...

A better choice of words might be, EmeralCity is trying to discredit you for your opinion. But foolish, no...and don't you ever believe it...you are entitled to your opinon!
You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own reality and facts. I am certainly allowed my opinion of your opinion, and your made up stories.

The same thing protects your right to say it, which is not limited, and my right to say what I have to. It's not a one way street.

You have already discredited yourself by believing in lies, and not caring about it when confronted with the evidence. You can have foolish opinions, but having foolish opinions makes you a fool. Just like some one who lies is a liar, or steals is a thief.

Instead of complaining about being called a fool, the better thing is to stop being one.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It is not about argeeing with me. I am not arguing one way or the other, I am simply telling you what was actually said, and if you wanted to know the truth, you'd look it up the interview. However, you seem too proud to admit you made a mistake, so you're not even going to look at the words. I didn't vote for Obama, and I am telling you thins only to point out the facts which seem to have escaped you.

It sure didn't sound like what it was about.
Finn, I'm going to try at this one more time....
I know your stating the reality of what went on, I'm not arguing that fact...can you grasp that?

What I'm stating is, the fact that Obama had to back up what he says with, Even some republicans agree with me, but fear saying so, b/c they fear what Rush will say about them on air?

Listen, if you listen to Rush, I've heard him question both sides, it's only human, and maybe hard for some folks to believe that he is being objective, but I've even heard Hannity admit, that Bush didn't do such a good job.

If your in the lime light, your subject to judgement, unfortunately....however, for a President to come out and state what he stated, if in fact it's true..., he is blaming everyone, grasping at straws...
"oh, even some republicans agree with me", well I would hope that they would...I'm open minded enough to understand that, but to say, "even some Republican's agree with me, but fear what Rush might say about them"???????? Come on, if that is true, then we need to replace whoever fears Rush....b/c no matter what they do or say, there is always going to be someone who disagrees?

Do you get what I'm saying now? I'm sorry and apologize for any confusion

Old 08-26-2013, 06:53 AM

Quote:
You are entitled to your own opinion, you are not entitled to your own reality and facts. I am certainly allowed my opinion of your opinion, and your made up stories.

The same thing protects your right to say it, which is not limited, and my right to say what I have to. It's not a one way street.

You have already discredited yourself by believing in lies, and not caring about it when confronted with the evidence. You can have foolish opinions, but having foolish opinions makes you a fool. Just like some one who lies is a liar, or steals is a thief.

Instead of complaining about being called a fool, the better thing is to stop being one.
I don't think I ever said your not allowed your opinion?
My stories are not made up but right there for all to read....

and if you believe I discredited myself, you just go right ahead and think that, no one ever said you were wrong for your feelings...
but, my opinions make me who I am, not a fool, not a liar, or a theif...but I am entitled to share my beliefs, just as you are, which makes each of us, entitled to our personal culture, who we are...and what we believe.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:01 AM

Quote:
I don't think I ever said your not allowed your opinion?
My stories are not made up but right there for all to read....

and if you believe I discredited myself, you just go right ahead and think that, no one ever said you were wrong for your feelings...
but, my opinions make me who I am, not a fool, not a liar, or a theif...but I am entitled to share my beliefs, just as you are, which makes each of us, entitled to our personal culture, who we are...and what we believe.
You seem to be okay believing an untrue story simply because you don't like some one. That is just lying to yourself. Arguing that we can base our opinions on weather we like other people is ridiculous.

I don't like you, should I believe that you are a child molester?

Should I spread that opinion around, and keep believing in it even if it is proven to be false?

Should my opinion outweigh actual evidence?

It's pretty much what you are doing here. It lacks integrity and is foolish to base a worldview off opinions not based in reality or any factual basis. That's what little children do before they grow up and realize believing in fiction is foolish. Being an adult that believes in fiction, lies, and distortions of reality is at best foolish, at worst a mentally ill personality.

You lied, got caught, and are complaining that it hurts your distorted worldview. If you don't like your opinions on fiction labeled as such, stop doing it. Complaining doesn't work.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:01 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,398,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's a proven fact the conservative mind is more fearful than others who are not conservative. Partly explains their devotion to the military industrial complex and the militarization of the police.

Military industrial complex?

It's your boy Obama who's getting ready to bomb Syria.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 AM

Quote:
You seem to be okay believing an untrue story simply because you don't like some one. That is just lying to yourself. Arguing that we can base our opinions on weather we like other people is ridiculous.

I don't like you, should I believe that you are a child molester?

Should I spread that opinion around, and keep believing in it even if it is proven to be false?

Should my opinion outweigh actual evidence?

It's pretty much what you are doing here. It lacks integrity and is foolish to base a worldview off opinions not based in reality or any factual basis. That's what little children do before they grow up and realize believing in fiction is foolish. Being an adult that believes in fiction, lies, and distortions of reality is at best foolish, at worst a mentally ill personality.

You lied, got caught, and are complaining that it hurts your distorted worldview. If you don't like your opinions on fiction labeled as such, stop doing it. Complaining doesn't work.
What? What in the world are you talking about?

I didn't lie, I didn't get caught, and I'm entitled to my opinion just as you are...doesn't make your right or me wrong, or you a lier or me a lier...Good God?
Try and chill a bit...your going to have a heart attack...
seriously....

I'm going to go at this one more time.

President Obama blamed Rush Limbaugh for scaring the bejesus out of the Republicans who agree with him, and said, "they agree with me, but fear what Limbaugh might say about them for doing so".

That is a sign of weakness, if you have to lie, and use others to back up your story, that shows weakness....dishonesty and immaturity....

it even says in the Bible, just state your validity, don't say, he said or she said.

What your doing is saying, I don't have enough evidence, so I've got to back up my story with other people who said I was right.

Does President Obama actually believe, that the American public "thinks" that all Republicans are going to disagree with him simply b/c they are republicans?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies