Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2013, 08:07 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post

Actually, I'm using the fact that I'm not getting answers to demonstrate the point I'm making.
No, you are ignoring the fact that answers are being provided because you don't like them and then demanding that people only answer in the manner you desire. Typical of your methods. Learn them at Obamabot U?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2013, 08:08 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
It seems Obama has made a decision and is working on getting Congressional support for it.
Inviting a handful of Dems to a conference call is not the same as having all of Congress take a vote.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Inviting a handful of Dems to a conference call is not the same as having all of Congress take a vote.
What would make you think getting Congressional support requires getting a vote taken?

Old 08-31-2013, 08:24 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Well here we go.

U.S. military action in Syria could give the White House an advantage in the looming fiscal showdown with congressional Republicans, according to defense and budget experts.

They said the Syria crisis could boost calls by President Obama and defense hawks to reverse the automatic spending cuts to the Pentagon known as sequestration.

Read more: Some see Syria as edge for Obama in fiscal showdown (Video) - The Hill's On The Money
Follow us: @thehill on Twitter | TheHill on Facebook

This is actually another superb argument for sequestration. It's keeping our kids from being killed in foreign countries.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,779,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bUU View Post
No, I'm not. Rather, it seems like you're uncomfortable with me making sense that you don't like, repudiating congressional Republicans for their self-centered lack of integrity, and so perhaps you respond with vacuous comments like this to try to make yourself feel better about the situation. How about you skip such comments in the future, and go directly into your substantive response? Try it.

Your assumption that he thinks it is going to go precisely any specific way is without merit. You can be sure that everyone in such a position knows that the results of any such exercise is never predetermined. Plans are valid until the first shot is fired.
My, my, hit a nerve??? When I said you're funny I didn't mean it literally.

You seem to think you are the only one making any sense. You resist anyone else who has something to say that makes sense that you don't like and doesn't fall in line with what you think - or would that be what you know??

Well I hope Obama thought out ALL the possible scenarios and has a plan to address them. Unfortunately no matter how many scenarios one can think of there is always the one that you didn't think of. I hope he thought it through that if he weakens the Assad military and strengthens the rebels and the regime is toppled, that the rebels the US has been training and arming and have been fighting alongside the SFA and friends, will turn on the SFA and friends. They all want Assad out of power, but they all don't share the same goal. This could end up being another Libya. Does that make sense to you?

Aside from the Assad regime backing down, more than likely any other scenario will require more military power and possibly a military presence. Does that make sense to you?

Don't talk about republicans lack of integrity, it's not as if this administration has an abundance of it. Where's the administration's integrity when it comes to killing thousands of innocent people in Pakistan, Afghanistan and Yemen with drones? Where was the administrations integrity when over 100,000 people were killed in Syria? It seems Obama, Biden and Kerry have no integrity when it comes to what serves their purpose, even when it's out there for everyone to see how they contradict themselves and their principles do a flip. Do you understand that or are you willfully blind to the lack of integrity that democrats can have?

Your adoration for your president, who you seem to think has bent over backwards to work with the republicans, is enough to make me almost want to throw up in my mouth.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:26 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
It's an argument FOR further sequestration.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:30 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
My, my, hit a nerve??? When I said you're funny I didn't mean it literally.
Oh you didn't say this about me, but, No I am not funny either, ever, really, never, ever, funny, and you can ask my wife

Old 08-31-2013, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It's an argument FOR further sequestration.
Absolutely.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:48 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,847,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
But has indicated that he will proceed even without that support.

For once, tell the full story Bob.
You of course have a link that shows the President saying he can move on Syria without advising and getting counsel from the appropriate Congressional entities, right?

Old 08-31-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
You of course have a link that shows the President saying he can move on Syria without advising and getting counsel from the appropriate Congressional entities, right?
Getting Harry Reid to say O.K. isn't really reaching the bar Obama had previously set.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies