Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 03:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
You obviously do not know what we are planning, it is not like Vietnam.
Vietnam was escalated over time. We first sent over advisers. No military.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 03:38 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,544,279 times
I think the whole thing is going to be great.

O is so out of his league to begin with.

I've got the popcorn out and am ready for the show.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:43 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Who knows,, this could be a mask for the real reason for the United States to escalate our presence in the middle east.. this could be a move to take out Iran's nuclear program under the guise of attacking Syria. We never know what is said behind closed doors and a surprise attack on Iran could be the real reason for military action.

Old 09-03-2013, 05:52 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Kerry is talking about escalation and bragging about our capacity if we encounter any blow back.. not good!
With a husband in the service this part makes me a little sick at my stomach. They have cut funding, to the point that they put civillian employees on furlough, how is this being paid for?

Old 09-03-2013, 05:58 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,159,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I think the whole thing is going to be great.

O is so out of his league to begin with.

I've got the popcorn out and am ready for the show.
This will probably end up costing lives, because you are right, he is out of his league. One of those lives might be my husband's or neighbor's, so you'll have to excuse me if I find your enjoyment of his potential failure a little disgusting. I don't like the man either but I'll be praying every night that this isn't a failure.

Old 09-03-2013, 06:03 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Maybe you should not watch, I doubt you would learn anything anyway so why bother.
It's impossible to learn anything when Obama is talking because he's never telling the truth.

I mean from listening to him I learned that America has no domestic spying program, that Guantanamo Bay was going to be closed, that a president has no authority to attack another nation without congressional approval, that it was irresponsible to raise the debt ceiling, that negotiations for Obamacare would be held on c-span, that no lobbyists would be allowed in his administration, that we should not bail out banks, that we would not allow Detroit to go under, that the individual mandate was not a tax, that Benghazi was attacked during a spontaneous protest over a youtube video, that the Arab Spring was ushering in a strong vibrant society in Egypt, that the stimulus would jump start the economy, that the police acted stupidly regarding Henry Gates, that the IRS acted outrageously and he would stop it immediately, that he would cut the deficit in half, that we would reset relations with Russia, that Solyndra was a model company which pointed the way to the future, that Eric Holder was trustworthy and competent, that sequestration was necessary for the health of the nation and he would veto any attempt to get around it, that sequestration was a disaster that Republicans should never allow to go through, that all the bailout money had been paid back with interest, that his administration had nothing to do with fast & furious, that the rich don't pay their fair share, etc.

In other words, all I've learned from listening to Obama is that he is an inveterate liar.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
It's impossible to learn anything when Obama is talking because he's never telling the truth.

I mean from listening to him I learned that America has no domestic spying program, that Guantanamo Bay was going to be closed, that a president has no authority to attack another nation without congressional approval, that it was irresponsible to raise the debt ceiling, that negotiations for Obamacare would be held on c-span, that no lobbyists would be allowed in his administration, that we should not bail out banks, that we would not allow Detroit to go under, that the individual mandate was not a tax, that Benghazi was attacked during a spontaneous protest over a youtube video, that the Arab Spring was ushering in a strong vibrant society in Egypt, that the stimulus would jump start the economy, that the police acted stupidly regarding Henry Gates, that the IRS acted outrageously and he would stop it immediately, that he would cut the deficit in half, that we would reset relations with Russia, that Solyndra was a model company which pointed the way to the future, that Eric Holder was trustworthy and competent, that sequestration was necessary for the health of the nation and he would veto any attempt to get around it, that sequestration was a disaster that Republicans should never allow to go through, that all the bailout money had been paid back with interest, that his administration had nothing to do with fast & furious, that the rich don't pay their fair share, etc.

In other words, all I've learned from listening to Obama is that he is an inveterate liar.
Pretty much covers it! In black and white, easy to see the liars in this administration. And this President.

A good liar at that, just hope we do not get in over our heads.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:25 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I do know the topic, just because I'm not a blind supporter of Obama doesn't mean I'm uneducated. I don't support us going there. Sorry.

Also, I do think this will be another Iraq or Afghanistan. No, this will not just be a quick missile and get out. Obama has managed to screw just about everything up that he's done and this will be another one.
Maybe you missed the news, the Repubs are also behind the action. You can be against it, that is your right.
Obama? Obama is not going to be flying over Syria, the plans come from the military the order comes from the Whitehouse. Watch and see what it is, it is being done for the right reasons, or would you rather we did nothing, the deaths of more women and children would be on your hands.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:28 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post

I guess you do not listen to the Republican Leadership either, you must be much better informed than everyone in power, amazing. Do yuou feel better now after getting all that off your chest? Now back on topic or start your own rant thread or join one of the many on-going threads.

Old 09-03-2013, 09:29 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
This will probably end up costing lives, because you are right, he is out of his league. One of those lives might be my husband's or neighbor's, so you'll have to excuse me if I find your enjoyment of his potential failure a little disgusting. I don't like the man either but I'll be praying every night that this isn't a failure.
I am not a Obama fan in any way, never have been never will. However whatever he shall decide to do, i hope it does not impact the lives of your husband, or your neighbors, or my neighbors, or anyone on this forum that may have to go.

I hope that his dicision will not be that of failure, that is not a option. Whatever we do has got to work and not just for the moment.

I don't like nor care for Obama, nothing personal just don't think he is a good strong Presdient, my feelings. However right now i can sympathize with him, because he is between a rock and a hard place as we speak.

He is damned if he does, and damned, if he doesn't. Leaders already see him as weak, and this is not a good sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies