Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 11:56 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
You couldn't leave it at "I agree"? You had to add in the misinformation of McCain being a liberal. He's no liberal. You should have just said he's not your type of Republican...

Some of the claims I read on the Internet are astonishing...
Are you kidding me? He is just a part of the same progressive politico's who wear whichever clothing best suits their needs. McCain is a war hero who is also war mongering fool. Obama wants to bomb Syria and support Al Qaeda fighters... you know, the ones he said were all but wiped out!

McCain may be in the non-liberal party, however he is anything but a staunch conservative. He IS a liberal neocon for sure.

From GunOwners.org

The last thing we need is another liberal neocon in the White House. If the Presidency of George W. Bush proved anything, it proved the hazard of electing phony Republican conservatives. At least one is able to clearly see a liberal for what he or she is when they have a "D" behind their name. But put an "R" behind the name and suddenly their liberal, Big-Government, anti-freedom agenda is barely recognized, which makes a liberal Republican much more dangerous than a liberal Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2013, 12:03 PM

14,022 posts, read 15,028,594 times
McCain's position makes more sense than a "limited" strike, I mean, its like kicking a bees nest, you either leave it alone or get rid of it, you don't irritate it.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:03 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,134,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
Yes, he's pretty liberal.

What is your defining factor as to whether someone is conservative or liberal?
I kind of just use the meaning out of the dictionary to define who is a liberal and who is not. From voting against MKL day to John McCain’s other votes in the Senate he is not a liberal.

favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures ofprogressive political reform.

of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism, especially the freedom of the individual andgovernmental guarantees of individual rights and liberties.

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, especially asguaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

favoring or permitting freedom of action, especially with respect to matters of personal belief orexpression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.

Quote:
The politician who once best exemplified the idea of a "maverick" independent has shifted so far to the right that he is now tied for the title of the Senate's most conservative member, according to National Journal's 2010 vote ratings.

According to a comprehensive examination of 96 Senate votes taken in 2010, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., along with seven of his colleagues, voted most often on the conservative side. His 89.7 composite conservative score ties him with stalwarts like Sen. Jim DeMint, R-S.C., and gives him a more conservative score than Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., and Jeff Sessions, R-Ala.
McCain's Shift Makes Him Senate's Most Conservative - NationalJournal.com

Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Are you kidding me? He is just a part of the same progressive politico's who wear whichever clothing best suits their needs. McCain is a war hero who is also war mongering fool. Obama wants to bomb Syria and support Al Qaeda fighters... you know, the ones he said were all but wiped out!

McCain may be in the non-liberal party, however he is anything but a staunch conservative. He IS a liberal neocon for sure.

From GunOwners.org

The last thing we need is another liberal neocon in the White House. If the Presidency of George W. Bush proved anything, it proved the hazard of electing phony Republican conservatives. At least one is able to clearly see a liberal for what he or she is when they have a "D" behind their name. But put an "R" behind the name and suddenly their liberal, Big-Government, anti-freedom agenda is barely recognized, which makes a liberal Republican much more dangerous than a liberal Democrat.
See post #23. Votes matter and there is data to back up him not being a liberal... If you don't care for him just say it. Don't blur a cut and dry answer with misinformation and opinion... He might not be crazy Tea Party Conservative but he's conservative non the less...

Old 09-07-2013, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigr View Post
Typical Liberal. Gets all bent out of shape over nothing.
Why would you think that? I don't let people that cling to their guns and religion bend me out of shape...

Old 09-08-2013, 06:03 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
True.

What's hilarious is now how all the liberals are so happy that McCain is promoting Obama's new war. Now liberals like McCain.
Now they support war Obama told them it's okay he's with them and they're with him!

Old 09-08-2013, 06:12 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,474,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Kerry has been busy yachting with TerEsa. They attend the Monster Balls in the evening.
Lucky him. She`s smart, she`s rich and she`s a good looking old babe. She lives about 15 miles from me and it`s a shame she never wanted to hook up with a retired steelworker.

Old 09-08-2013, 06:56 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Woman said" Take Saudi Arabia and Iran and FORCE them to stop supporting 2 sides in Syria".

Old 09-08-2013, 06:57 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
The Phonycons actually scare me more than the totally insane Demorats. Oh my, they are chomping at the bit for another useless war.....both parties are totally insane and dangerous.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Well, I will cut the ol' geezer some slack, here. There's a huge difference between commenting and being the guy making the decisions, and I suspect that even McCain would act differently, if yoked with the actual responsibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies