Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 12:32 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,444,623 times

Advertisements

Just out of pure speculation I ask that question; I believe people would continue believing that Republicans are the only warmongers therefore out of this crisis there is only one thing that an independent such as myself has to gain, and that's showing the American people that Obama and Romney, Democrats and Republicans are essentially the same in regards to foreign policy at least the Congressional and Executive level.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:37 AM

14,773 posts, read 21,512,862 times
Republicans are only pro war when there is a threat to our national security.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
Even when I was a liberal, I was pro-war or better yet pro-defense when it came to national security.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:41 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
So Sadam was going to invade the U.S. ?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMORE View Post
Even when I was a liberal, I was pro-war or better yet pro-defense when it came to national security.
You dont just change ideologies, parties maybe, but not ideology.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
So Sadam was going to invade the U.S. ?
I think most of us could agree Iraq was a mistake, not because it ruined us financially but because it didn't bring one known benefit to us aside from retaining the Iraqis position in the using USD's for oil trade.

Quote:
You dont just change ideologies, parties maybe, but not ideology.
I've changed ideologies, and I guess you can say I've changed parties considering that I'm now an Independent. There are few things I'm more Republican about, and a few things I'm a Liberal about but nonetheless I believe there are certain things that I subscribe to that neither side doesn't want to hear nor believes in.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Just out of pure speculation I ask that question; I believe people would continue believing that Republicans are the only warmongers therefore out of this crisis there is only one thing that an independent such as myself has to gain, and that's showing the American people that Obama and Romney, Democrats and Republicans are essentially the same in regards to foreign policy at least the Congressional and Executive level.
Explain your argument.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:50 AM

Quote:
I've changed ideologies, and I guess you can say I've changed parties considering that I'm now an Independent. There are few things I'm more Republican about, and a few things I'm a Liberal about but nonetheless I believe there are certain things that I subscribe to that neither side doesn't want to hear nor believes in.
Changing ideologies means you actually changed your positions on somethings, not simply that you stopped calling yourself a liberal or that you finally left the Democrats because they continued to not believe in something you had already established yourself in.

If you believe you have actually changed your ideology, please give some examples.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Explain your argument.
Speaking from personal experience during these last few weeks, I've noticed from a general consensus that most people regardless of their political affiliations doesn't want us to be involved in Syria. While many Democrats as in Democratic voters have believed that the Republicans were the only ones who wanted war, its been revealed in these last few weeks that both sides actually are quite bi-partisan on this issue. Now with that being said I've gained more support for being an Independent than ever before and have influenced others in potentially dropping their partisanship because of this Syrian situation, but with that being said that doesn't mean I want the US to go to war either. I'm only happy that more people are opening their eyes; you know what they say, tragedy brings change.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Speaking from personal experience during these last few weeks, I've noticed from a general consensus that most people regardless of their political affiliations doesn't want us to be involved in Syria. While many Democrats as in Democratic voters have believed that the Republicans were the only ones who wanted war, its been revealed in these last few weeks that both sides actually are quite bi-partisan on this issue. Now with that being said I've gained more support for being an Independent than ever before and have influenced others in potentially dropping their partisanship because of this Syrian situation, but with that doesn't mean I want the US to go to war either. I'm only happy that more people are opening their eyes.
Thank you for this Response, but i must say you are mistaken.

The Democratic Party has never claimed to be anti interventionist, maybe some of our voters have and individual elected members, but not the party itself.

your argument is based on a misconception.

And members claiming that we should be cautious when talking about things like Syria is not the same as them saying we should not intervene in Syria.

By the way, polling shows that U.S. citizens regardless of political lines actually support a strike in syria. The word "war" is what they are against. It is like when Pollsters do surveys on "Obamacare" and then a month later show that people only hate the name itself by polling they law itself without the name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies