Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 09:43 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,082,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well here is the problem. Neoconservatives took over the republican party, and have basically run it until about 2009. That basically made us team america world police. Liberal democrats opposed war, but were tired of looking weak on national defense. Bush ran on that platform in 2004, and its part of the reason why Kerry lost. Remember swift boat? All about Kerry being weak on defense.

Well today americans are tired of playing world police. An isolation movement has broken out in the republican party, partky due to their hatred of everything Obama.

I think we should close all overseas military bases. I think we should cut defense spending in half. But if we are going to continue to feed the military industrial complex, then it is our duty to play world police.

If you take away the means of making unnecessary war from the federal government, by cutting defense, then it will stop any actions like syria.

So ask yourself a question. Our defense spending is equal to 4 times what the rest of the world, combined, spends. If you support that, then support syria. If you think, as I do that we would be just fine spenidng equal amounts of the worlds defense spending, then syria won't be an afterthought.

You decide
Excellent post..gotta spread the love,but I owe you a

Old 09-08-2013, 09:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
you only have to look to see even with sequester cuts we still will be the only western power able to really project that power.If you think that Assad gassed people just think what many would do but for those able to project that power.if that is the world you wish to live count me out.Just as you might consider that many in this country are also likely to be victims but can also hear that same excuse for doing nothing; Not any of my business.

Old 09-09-2013, 12:26 AM

3,353 posts, read 6,442,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
What is America's post cold war role in the world?

That's a question I think the U.S needs to get clear on. Not being clear on what our role is can get us in situations like Syria and other conflicts that we probably shouldn't be in.
We need to keep the Petrodollar strong therefore war is necessary until we find some element to back ourselves up on, its really that simple. Regarding your question, people on this site often believe that I'm a Russian enthusiast simply because I believe that the Soviet Union should've never collapsed, the world power is tilted too far towards us right now and without another serious nation to contest us we are essentially forced to play the world cop.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
What is America's post cold war role in the world?

That's a question I think the U.S needs to get clear on. Not being clear on what our role is can get us in situations like Syria and other conflicts that we probably shouldn't be in.
"probably shouldn't be in" ?

Absolutely should not be in!

You'd need to ask the jokers running the NWO, WMO, and Bilderberg members what our role is, since they define it. They "Selected" the last four presidents, and made us believe that we "Elected" them.

Old 09-09-2013, 09:55 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Well it appears to still be more war. Just with different names.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies