Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2013, 08:12 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,937,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yeah, I am sure you have fought so many armies of tyranny Gunz. So tell me, when do you plan to take to the streets and die fighting against this tyranny you keep going on about or do you plan on dying of old age as you keep telling everyone you are gonna take to the streets with your guns one day.
Please copy and paste the post where he specifically made that statement.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:13 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
It burns like hell, but not like the pain of being a coward. I know it may be hard to understand but there are those of us in this country that would and have fought to preserve it. Was it always truly necessary? No, not at all, but for some when your country calls, you do what your country asks. Perhaps it was youthful naivete, or perhaps a sense of patriotism which I understand you don't comprehend, but for some people in this country, the defense of the principles of freedom are more precious than the life of a single man. Oh, I am sure you will pass judgement on me and frankly I couldn't care less, but before you give an eye roll, you may want to consider that for some people this is something very personal and very deep. It's not something that is taken lightly or without thought. I know you think you have all the answers, and you're a real "smart guy". I hope you never have to find out how smart you really are.
Thank you for you service, Thank you still keeping your oath.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
It burns like hell, but not like the pain of being a coward. I know it may be hard to understand but there are those of us in this country that would and have fought to preserve it. Was it always truly necessary? No, not at all, but for some when your country calls, you do what your country asks. Perhaps it was youthful naivete, or perhaps a sense of patriotism which I understand you don't comprehend, but for some people in this country, the defense of the principles of freedom are more precious than the life of a single man. Oh, I am sure you will pass judgement on me and frankly I couldn't care less, but before you give an eye roll, you may want to consider that for some people this is something very personal and very deep. It's not something that is taken lightly or without thought. I know you think you have all the answers, and you're a real "smart guy". I hope you never have to find out how smart you really are.
So you think it is patriotism to wage a losing wage against your country because you don't like that you aren't getting your way?

Old 11-18-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Please copy and paste the post where he specifically made that statement.
Oh Gunz and I have been having this conversation for a long time, he knows what I am talking about and it goes well beyond this one thread.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
So you think it is patriotism to wage a losing wage against your country because you don't like that you aren't getting your way?
Where did I say that? You sure are good at making up posts that don't exist.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Oh Gunz and I have been having this conversation for a long time, he knows what I am talking about and it goes well beyond this one thread.
Well then you should be able to find the specific post.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Where did I say that? You sure are good at making up posts that don't exist.
Oh my bad, so you have no interest in waging war against this country. That is good to hear, I was starting to think you might be one of those crazy revolutionists that think they could start the next civil war.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Well then you should be able to find the specific post.
No, I am not gonna waste my time to hunt through all our conversations to find the specific post you are wanting because I really don't care what you want me to do and I don't document and save every conversation I have on this site. If you care so much, you are welcome to hunt through our past posts for that specific post.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:22 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Yeah, I am sure you have fought so many armies of tyranny Gunz. So tell me, when do you plan to take to the streets and die fighting against this tyranny you keep going on about or do you plan on dying of old age as you keep telling everyone you are gonna take to the streets with your guns one day.
1) The United States was founded on the principle that there are certain inalienable rights that are endowed upon each of us... these are not rights that the Constitution bestows upon us in the Bill of Rights, but rights we are born with. The right to protect one's self and the right to liberty are two of them. 2) The last 100 years is riddled with examples of modern, liberalized countries falling into the hands of tyrants... what do you think they do first? Take away the guns through regulation, registration, confiscation, and incarceration. You don't need to go back to the days of the Founding Fathers... just look at the last 100 years.

We should all appreciate that they understood that tyranny is always a danger, and that 'eternal vigilance is the price of liberty'. They affirmed the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment (right after freedom of speech, religion, and press!), because they knew it protects all of the other inalienable rights and acts as the fourth check and balance. Not for recreation, but to defend liberty!

Furthermore, all the proposed executive orders by President Obama and bills proposed by Sen. Feinstein (including the provisions of the former "assault weapons ban") do is take guns out of the hands of law-abiding citizens; they have not, do not, and will not reduce crime. Criminals don't care whether or not they are breaking gun laws; law-abiding gun owners do. There are over 300 million guns in the U.S... do you think they will be able to confiscate them from all of the law-abiding citizens who know it is their natural right to own them, let alone from the criminals who intend to use them to rob and murder?

The answer is 'no', so accept that there will always be guns in this country; let's drop the facade of these political attempts to control the population in the name of 'safety', and try to address the real problems behind these shootings (namely mental health issues and "gun-free zones") and violent crime in general.

Old 11-18-2013, 08:23 PM

Quote:
No, I am not gonna waste my time to hunt through all our conversations to find the specific post you are wanting because I really don't care what you want me to do and I don't document and save every conversation I have on this site. If you care so much, you are welcome to hunt through our past posts for that specific post.
That's because it was never said..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies