Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 12:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

I noticed a few threads on here recently attacking President Obama for not accomplishing anything, and I also just noticed Bill O'Reilly was saying the same thing recently,hence, the parrots started chirping after digesting their talking points.

But let's remember his biggest accomplishments first: He stopped the hemorrhaging of our economy, started to repair our standing in the world internationally, and worked to end the disaster that was the Iraq War, all left for him as holdovers from the previous 8 years. He started an uphill climb to repair the wreckage he was left, with a radicalized Republican Party trying to impede his every effort to fix our country.

In light of what he was left, and the systematic obstruction he faced, he has done a respectable, if not admirable, job thus far.

A LONG List Of President Obama's Accomplishments (With Citations) -

Old 09-16-2013, 12:12 PM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I noticed a few threads on here recently attacking President Obama for not accomplishing anything, and I also just noticed Bill O'Reilly was saying the same thing recently,hence, the parrots started chirping after digesting their talking points.

But let's remember his biggest accomplishments first: He stopped the hemorrhaging of our economy, started to repair our standing in the world internationally, and worked to end the disaster that was the Iraq War, all left for him as holdovers from the previous 8 years. He started an uphill climb to repair the wreckage he was left, with a radicalized Republican Party trying to impede his every effort to fix our country.

In light of what he was left, and the systematic obstruction he faced, he has done a respectable, if not admirable, job thus far.

I generally agree that President Obama has been a better president than some would admit. I have especially liked early focus on improving services to Vets, which had been sadly neglected for many years.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I generally agree that President Obama has been a better president than some would admit. I have especially liked early focus on improving services to Vets, which had been sadly neglected for many years.
That was certainly one of the more despicable legacies of the Bush/Cheney era, to start wars and not give a damn for those killed or injured in them.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:27 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Quote:

Perhaps this was a satire piece.......but I would love to know how he "repaired our standing in the world internationally."

Old 09-16-2013, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Perhaps this was a satire piece.......but I would love to know how he "repaired our standing in the world internationally."
1) He is not Bush (who was universally hated abroad)
2) The ability to speak clearly and convincingly, without embarrassing an entire nation
3) The ability to use diplomacy without religious influence and polarizing rhetoric in a way that is relatable and respected internationally, with the possible exception of Israel.

Those are only three examples, but that is enough.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:

Quote:
He stopped the hemorrhaging of our economy
Porkulus? Shovel ready wasn't so shovel ready and unemployment is still higher than they projected.

Quote:
started to repair our standing in the world internationally
He may have tried to get that started but he's obviously failed miserably. Does Syria ring a bell?

Quote:
worked to end the disaster that was the Iraq War
Iraq ended on Bush's timetable. Obama tried to extend our involvement but failed in his negotiations with Iraq to keep our troops in theatre.

Of course all the lame old excuses are cited. It's all Bush's fault. He's been obstructed.
Obama hasn't accomplished squat. The rest of the list in that link isn't even worth addressing.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:51 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Another myth grows .....

Huffington Post reporting on the Investigative Report on Veterans Affairs

Veterans Often Wait Over A Year For Benefits, Some Wait Up To 642 Days As VA Struggles To Handle Claims

Quote:
The agency tracks and widely reports the average wait time: 273 days. But the internal data indicates that veterans filing their first claim, including those who served in Iraq and Afghanistan, wait nearly two months longer, between 316 and 327 days. Those filing for the first time in America’s major population centers wait up to twice as long -- 642 days in New York, 619 days in Los Angeles and 542 days in Chicago.
The ranks of veterans waiting more than a year for their benefits grew from 11,000 in 2009, the first year of Obama’s presidency, to 245,000 in December -- an increase of more than 2,000 percent.
Try a google search on the problems at VA Hospitals.

A couple of campaign style speeches in front of Veteran's groups prior to an election does not match the reality on the ground -- ask a Veteran, they will explain it to you.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:52 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:
1) He is not Bush (who was universally hated abroad)
2) The ability to speak clearly and convincingly, without embarrassing an entire nation
3) The ability to use diplomacy without religious influence and polarizing rhetoric in a way that is relatable and respected internationally, with the possible exception of Israel.

Those are only three examples, but that is enough.
1. Wow....what an accomplishment! He's well spoken....and CLEAN!

2. As long as he has the trusty teleprompter and he's speaking to the sheeple who believe his horse excrement.

3. Diplomacy??? You'd like to pretend Syria doesn't exist- wouldn't you?

That's enough? IBTFL.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Oh how sweet, another I'm in love with Obama thread.

Old 09-16-2013, 12:55 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Tell me, is cutting the national debt, still on the list becaue they just keep making up crap for the ignorant lefties to repeat..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies