Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2013, 10:22 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the liberals are the ones that are always preaching tolerance and on conformity, and then when someone says anything that they dont like suddenly its, "lets boycott them and run them out of business!!". and yes i know there are conservatives that say the same thing when they dont like what someone says or does, so the hypocrisy runs both ways. its just that the liberals are more vocal about it.

That was before they took over the dinosaur media and LI voters handed them the reins of power.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
the liberals are the ones that are always preaching tolerance and on conformity, and then when someone says anything that they dont like suddenly its, "lets boycott them and run them out of business!!". and yes i know there are conservatives that say the same thing when they dont like what someone says or does, so the hypocrisy runs both ways. its just that the liberals are more vocal about it.
So you are against consumerism? You are aware consumers are allowed to decide what products they want to buy and don't want to buy. If a company is stupid enough to throw politics into their product, they deserve the backlash they get from it.

What if this company said we should ban all guns, would you boycott them or keep giving them your money for their product?

Old 09-29-2013, 10:29 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So you are against consumerism? You are aware consumers are allowed to decide what products they want to buy and don't want to buy. If a company is stupid enough to throw politics into their product, they deserve the backlash they get from it.

What if this company said we should ban all guns, would you boycott them or keep giving them your money for their product?
backlash from like 4 people? I have a feeling the company will be just fine. weren't homosexuals going to run chick fil a out of business?

Old 09-29-2013, 10:30 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
Well this is the only thread SUPPORTING Barilla...all the haters and bigots want to boycott them because the CEO refuses to endorse their lifestyle. Take the whining elsewhere. I support Barilla 100% and will be buying nothing but their pasta from now on. Even if I have to order it from them directly.

Well this is the first support Barilla all the other bigots threads are against Barilla. Ya see the homosexuals are the bigots here.Someone doesn't agree with your lifestyle doesn't make them a bigot makes them of a differing opinion. As with the Chic Fil A boycott we will win you will lose.
We lost the Chick-fil-A boycott? As I recall, Chick-fil-A stopped funding the anti-gay hate groups in response. That was the goal of the boycott.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
backlash from like 4 people? I have a feeling the company will be just fine. weren't homosexuals going to run chick fil a out of business?
So, are you saying consumers can't boycott products? I haven't been to chic-fil-a in years and plan to never eat their food again. I don't care if they go out of business or not, they just won't be receiving money from me.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:34 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,752,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
So, are you saying consumers can't boycott products? I haven't been to chic-fil-a in years and plan to never eat their food again. I don't care if they go out of business or not, they just won't be receiving money from me.
I said that? when? boycott to your hearts content. I am saying that it doesn't make a difference. for every person who boycotts, there will be someone who buys their product because of this. it all evens out.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 AM

150 posts, read 92,779 times
Quote:
Lol...they lost big time...
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
We lost the Chick-fil-A boycott? As I recall, Chick-fil-A stopped funding the anti-gay hate groups in response. That was the goal of the boycott.
Not So Fast: Chick-fil-A Hasn't Ended All Questionable Giving | Advocate.com

your anti straight hate lost. I remember the lines at my local Chic Fil A. It was a beautiful site. Oh and no the bigots and haters wanted to drive Chic Fil A out of business and it completely back fired.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:36 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturesFinest View Post
Well this is the only thread SUPPORTING Barilla...all the haters and bigots want to boycott them because the CEO refuses to endorse their lifestyle. Take the whining elsewhere. I support Barilla 100% and will be buying nothing but their pasta from now on. Even if I have to order it from them directly.

Well this is the first support Barilla all the other bigots threads are against Barilla. Ya see the homosexuals are the bigots here.Someone doesn't agree with your lifestyle doesn't make them a bigot makes them of a differing opinion. As with the Chic Fil A boycott we will win you will lose.
Is this thread really different from the others? I've yet to see a discussion that isn't just the same group of people blathering on about how they're going to buy some pasta and complaining about homosexuals hating free expression, because right wing nuts live in some delusional fantasy world where their speech should be wholly without consequence.

Have fun with your pasta though. At least Barilla's pasta is decent (for stuff out of a box), unlike Chic-Fil-A. I'll never understand why people would subject themselves to bad, unhealthy food just to show their support of bigotry.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:36 AM

150 posts, read 92,779 times
Chick-fil-A Denies Agreeing to Stop Funding Pro-Family Groups

Old 09-29-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
I said that? when? boycott to your hearts content. I am saying that it doesn't make a difference. for every person who boycotts, there will be someone who buys their product because of this. it all evens out.
Maybe, that is the risk a company takes when they are stupid enough to infuse politics with their product. Not every company survives a boycott.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies