Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2013, 02:33 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,481,710 times

Advertisements

No, Republicans are trying to backdoor their agenda to kill Obamacare. This should have been a routine bill but Boehher, who favored a clean bill, got bullied by his radical wing. Piecemeal bills have the same effect as defunding Obamacare so of course Democrats won't go for it. This is the right's last gasp and last opportunity to kill Obamacare before it's fully implemented.

Can I burn down your 2nd floor?
No.
Can I burn down your garage?
No.
Can burn down anything in your house?
No.
Waa! Obama won't negotiate.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:36 PM

46,326 posts, read 27,157,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawena View Post
sorry can you please explain....
obama changed the law....19 times...(if not more by now).

He has given exemption after exemption.

The 72% subsidies, not trying to be an ass...but google it...you will see many many links, but basically it is where congress gets 72% of there bill paid...by us....

Now, before all you people jump on me...I know that is not the legal definition, but it does what I need it to do...

Old 10-06-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
You negotiate before a bill becomes law, you negotiate by passing other bills after they become law via other bills. You don't negotiate by shutting the government down if we don't get what we want.
So, what happened with this law?

Old 10-06-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Why won't democrats admit that "clean bill" really means "bill with everything WE want in it" just like 'compromise' to them is code for "do everything our way".
A clean bill can be killed if all Republicans vote against. Put it to a vote and let it fail. That will give Boehner more leverage. Republicans can kill a clean bill so why won't he put it to a vote? I thought he believed in democracy and clean bills without pork or riders.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:43 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,540,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Why won't obama sit down like a grown-up and president of ALL the people and negotiate a settlement?
First rule of negotiation with hostage takers-- don't negotiate.

Here's your so-called "grass roots" uprising against the Affordable Care Act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
F you guys.
Nice to see you've given this issue serious thought.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
No, Republicans are trying to backdoor their agenda to kill Obamacare. This should have been a routine bill but Boehher, who favored a clean bill, got bullied by his radical wing. Piecemeal bills have the same effect as defunding Obamacare so of course Democrats won't go for it. This is the right's last gasp and last opportunity to kill Obamacare before it's fully implemented.

Can I burn down your 2nd floor?
No.
Can I burn down your garage?
No.
Can burn down anything in your house?
No.
Waa! Obama won't negotiate.
Did the last bill going to the senate have "kill obamacare in it"?

Do you really know....be honest...you may surprise yourself....

Old 10-06-2013, 02:45 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,540,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
obama changed the law....19 times...(if not more by now).

He has given exemption after exemption.

The 72% subsidies, not trying to be an ass...but google it...you will see many many links, but basically it is where congress gets 72% of there bill paid...by us....

Now, before all you people jump on me...I know that is not the legal definition, but it does what I need it to do...
You're right, it's not a legal definition, and more to the point, it's not true. Every law gives the executive flexibility with which to implement it.

But I can see that it does what you need it to do, i.e., support your erroneous belief system.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did the last bill going to the senate have "kill obamacare in it"?

Do you really know....be honest...you may surprise yourself....
It was a piecemeal, release one hostage at a time, bill with the same effect. Boehner and Cruz are very clear that is their goal.

Old 10-06-2013, 02:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
As will happen with any law, but we don't allow small elements of an political party to shut things down over a law that has been passed in this system.
Actually under a Representative Republic, we do that exact thing..

Old 10-06-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrano View Post
You're right, it's not a legal definition, and more to the point, it's not true. Every law gives the executive flexibility with which to implement it.

But I can see that it does what you need it to do, i.e., support your erroneous belief system.
So, congress does not have 72% subsidies?

The ACA has NOT been changed?

Please show me where any president can just change a law...just because...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies